Nails Inc. Magnetic Nail Polish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly prefer my L'Oreal Star Magnet one to this (or Lancome's Magnetique,) though unfortunately, both were limited edition and not available in the US so I only managed to get my hands on one bottle :'(

(not my image)

Originally Posted by AmourAnnette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I honestly prefer my L'Oreal Star Magnet one to this (or Lancome's Magnetique,) though unfortunately, both were limited edition and not available in the US so I only managed to get my hands on one bottle :'(

(not my image)

that's gorgeous!!! Surely you can use the same magnet with a different magnetic polish??the nails inc magnet is designed to just do the stripes, although you can also do them vertical, I'm going to have to play around with it a bit :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I do wish they'd created different magnet shapes for each polish, that would have been awesome!!!

Good morning everyone!  I found this fun tutorial on how to make your own magnetic polish using polishes you already own!  Here's the link:  http://www.bellasugar.com/How-Make-Magnetic-Nail-Polish-Home-20448927.  I haven't tried it, but it makes sense to use the iron shavings for it.  I did notice that they used a light colored polish, so the shavings were noticable.  I haven't tried this, yet, but I think my daughter and I might whip some up this weekend. I'll post some pics of our endeavors.

I hope we all get to see your DIY effort with the magnets. . .  I wander what it will look like when done with my "I'm Not Really a Waitress" red by OPI???

Oh Marilyn, that dark red shade would look spectacular with the contrast (IMO).  I have a red similar to that, so I'll have to try it out and see if is noticable or not.

Do I understand correctly that you have seen where something is dumped into the polish that reacts to the magnet while the polish is still wet??? Does it create a pattern or ruffle the surface also????

In the tutorial I posted, the person used iron shavings in the nail polish.  I know you can find iron shavings in those "wooly willy" games where you make beards, facial hair, etc. on the guys face using the attached magnetic stylus.  I don't know where you could just buy it outright.  In the tutorial it doesn't show how you do the different effects, but I would guess that it would be how you hold the magnet, what kind of magnet you use, etc.  I'm just going to experiment and see what happens!

Originally Posted by MarilyninDallas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do I understand correctly that you have seen where something is dumped into the polish that reacts to the magnet while the polish is still wet??? Does it create a pattern or ruffle the surface also????

Okay...I tried it...and followed the tutorial directions, but it was an EPIC FAIL.  The iron shavings clumped together and it produced bumps.  I thinned down the mixture...same results.  Did anybody else try it?

Wow! I love the magnetic effect. Thank you for posting pictures! I want to try this now. I saw these polishes at my recent visit to Sephora but didn't buy one.
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by MarilyninDallas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope we all get to see your DIY effort with the magnets. . .  I wander what it will look like when done with my "I'm Not Really a Waitress" red by OPI???
omg that color is gooooorgeous

So will this erase your credit cards when you put you hands in your purse? If It does, I'm getting some for my wife! lol

Only nail inc polish i own is houses of parliament.. Got it a few weeks ago.. Actually wearing it right now on my ring fingers :>

Back