Need an affordable facial moisturizer!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cetaphil for day and Vaseline at night are the best for me!!! I personally do not find olay products moisturizing enough for me.

If you're willing to take a chance on internet shopping, check out woodwize.com Angel Cream - it's 5$ per jar, and has shea butter, hempseed oil, and lots of other goodies. Gentle enough for face, and works as an all-over body moisturiser, too.

Well I have the same problem as you, alipic (skin without natural sebum), dry and I use NIVEA. They have a special nourishing cream with SPF 8. It's really good.

I used to use cetaphil cream now I just used the cleanser when I shower...

I would put the cream on every night before I sleep, but in the morning when i put my make up on my skin is still dry and flakey.. even after I use a primer. Now I use BIO OIL.. and I love it.. it's for stretch marks, scars and even skin tones. I wash my face and put it on before I sleep.. keeps my face feeling soft. It might be a couple $$ over your budget but I think it's worth it because not only does it keep the flakey skin away but it tones it too !! you only need a couple of drops.

I agree. Dove Dry skin cream is about $7 and it lasts a long time. Its great for cold weather season

Originally Posted by Labrat81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm suprosed no one mentioned Cetaphil Moistruzing Lotion. It's not expensive (small bottle under $10) and does a really great job. For daytime when I need sunscreen too I use Olay Complete SPF 15 for Sensitive Skin...it's like $7. I always use drugstore products when it comes to skincare....I can't afford high end stuff, and even if I could....I still probably wouldn't..... 2nd the olay complete for sensitive skin. That's what I use as well.
I also use the Cetaphil but not regularly.

I've tried many different moisturizers (high end and low end) and I don't see any major difference in my skin. So, I decided to use the drugstore brands. My skin is so sensitive, I just have to be careful what I put on my face.

I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Visibly Even Daily SPF 15 Moisturizer. It's about $15 and can be bought from drugstore.

Wow so many recommendations for Olay Complete moisturizer! Look like this will be on my shopping list once I run out of my Neutrogena moisturizer.

I use Cetaphil too! I love it, actually I bought the store brand of Cetaphil for like 5.99, since the bottle is so big, it lasts me like 5 months+ and I use it morning and night. The store brand works a lot better for me, it's a lot lighter.

I used to use Cetaphil as a kid. It was the only thing that didn't break me out or exacerbate my dermatitis... And it's a good moisturizer...

I'm not sure why I stopped using it...

Originally Posted by Karinalicious /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is going to upset some people. butgot to the dollar store. I swear by their Mineral spa Dead sea facial lotion!
go to*

Hi,
In the past, I got a dead sea minerals with shea butter hand lotion/creme at the Dollar Tree. I've been trying to find this at the Dollar Tree since. Do you know the exact name of the dead sea minerals lotions/cremes you bought from the dollar store? I would really appreciate it. Hope to hear back from you soon. Thanks.

Olay Complete for me too. You can find the generic version at Wal Mart usually and it worked just as well for me when I compared them.

Back