New Beauty Test Tube July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my TT yesterday.. and I like my TT for the most part.. Of course I had the $10 off discount, so I might be upset if I had paid full price for the tube..

I agree with you guys - I have no desire to get drugstore brands.  Especially with hair care. I don't buy or use drugstore haircare, so I have no use for it.   I still generally like my TT.   The only thing is - I got a duplicate from 2 months back.   I got the Mally's Liquid Lipstick in Mally's Look.   I actually like the color/product but I still have tons left.. but at least it is a product I will use eventually.

I tried the Biosilk leave-in treatment today and I like it..

I really wish I would have gotten the Laura Gellar mauve primer.  But subscription boxes are a mixed lot.. sometimes you get what you want.. sometimes you don't.

I did end up cancelling.  I would stay subscribed if it was $29 SHIPPED each tube.. but $39 is steep for being so hit or miss.

Last edited by a moderator:
My brochure listed the Philosophy product with the wrong price (Hope in a Jar price) and I did not receive a Lumene CC cream like my brochure listed but instead received a very small jar of some other Lumene product.  I messaged them and they said they had made a mistake with the price (um, does anyone over there edit?) and that they would send me a Lumene CC cream.  I ended up canceling due to the very unorganized and shady things going on over there.  Also, they are trying to make it seem like the customers actually said we didn't WANT the sample pack anymore.  Really???!!!

I got my TT yesterday.. and I like my TT for the most part.. Of course I had the $10 off discount, so I might be upset if I had paid full price for the tube..

I agree with you guys - I have no desire to get drugstore brands. Especially with hair care. I don't buy or use drugstore haircare, so I have no use for it. I still generally like my TT. The only thing is - I got a duplicate from 2 months back. I got the Mally's Liquid Lipstick in Mally's Look. I actually like the color/product but I still have tons left.. but at least it is a product I will use eventually.

I tried the Biosilk leave-in treatment today and I like it..

I really wish I would have gotten the Laura Gellar mauve primer. But subscription boxes are a mixed lot.. sometimes you get what you want.. sometimes you don't.

I did end up cancelling. I would stay subscribed if it was $29 SHIPPED each tube.. but $39 is steep for being so hit or miss.
I had already gotten 2 samples of the Dove haircare from Walmart for free, I was so disappointed to see them in that tube that I paid a decent amount of money for! I would probably give them another chance in the future if I knew for certain I was getting the products that I THOUGHT I was getting, not some lesser value drugstore junk because I am new to their company. So, if they are now sending out different tubes to different customers, there is no way to be sure what you will get and at $29.95 + $8.95 S&H, that is too much of a gamble.

I finally got the replacement for my missing Lumene CC cream. They sent a small Living Proof mousse and a Klorane makeup remover, which I much prefer over the Lumene. It was like pulling teeth to get this sent to me. First they told me it would take 2-3 weeks for their warehouse to ship out the missing item. Fine. Then at the end of the three weeks I asked for a tracking number as nothing had arrived yet, they again said it would take another week. And this time it showed up. So four weeks to ship out a small package. I still cancelled my subscription today; I just wanted to wait until I'd received my entire box.

I just received my tracking # yesterday. According to FedEx Smart Post, I should have my box this Friday. Hooray!

I've heard there are only 6 products in tis tube. According to QVC's website, their tube includes the 8 products listed below:

2 oz. Bliss Foaming Face Wash

Full-sized Doll 10 Lip Gloss

.08 (possibly full-sized???) Fresh Sugar Lip Therapy

Mini It Cosmetics Brow Power

.5 oz. Kate Somerville Exfolikate

1 oz. Philosophy Amazing Grace Shower Gel (already received in several past tubes)

Full-sized Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick

1.7 oz. Phyto Straightening Balm

New Beauty Magazine

Why are we only supposedly receiving only 6 products (who knows if any are full-sized) when we are purchasing directly from New Beauty while QVC shoppers receive 8?

I'm wondering if the "surprise" is worth it. Maybe I should just check out the tubes on QVC & purchase through them instead? Their price is $29.96 + $6.72 shipping. I haven't a clue if New Beauty charges me tax or not. However, I do know QVC does charge tax. Even if the pricing is about the same, I'd rather have 8 products instead of 6.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the rumors about us only receiving 6 products aren't true. When I first started New Beauty Test Tube, most of their products where full-sized versions. Lately, I've been receiving low-end shampoo & conditioner. I have no use for it because I'm a Wen girl. Even if I wasn't a Wen girl, I don't want to see drug store brand shampoo & conditioner in the tubes.

Wondering if I should cancel my subscription all together???

Anybody agree with me or am I just being a spoiled brat????

Another Lumene Cream??? That's another drug store brand I can live without!!! Let me guess, there are more drug store samples in this tube? Who in the world said we don't like the sample packs? Leaning towards cancelling & if I like QVC's tube, I may just purchase through them. At least they don't include drug store brands in their tubes. $39+ is way, too much for such low end brands. If they are gong to continue stuffing their tubes with drug store products, they should charge $10 with free shipping!

I just received my tracking # yesterday. According to FedEx Smart Post, I should have my box this Friday. Hooray!

I've heard there are only 6 products in tis tube. According to QVC's website, their tube includes the 8 products listed below:

2 oz. Bliss Foaming Face Wash

Full-sized Doll 10 Lip Gloss

.08 (possibly full-sized???) Fresh Sugar Lip Therapy

Mini It Cosmetics Brow Power

.5 oz. Kate Somerville Exfolikate

1 oz. Philosophy Amazing Grace Shower Gel (already received in several past tubes)

Full-sized Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick

1.7 oz. Phyto Straightening Balm

New Beauty Magazine

Why are we only supposedly receiving only 6 products (who knows if any are full-sized) when we are purchasing directly from New Beauty while QVC shoppers receive 8?

I'm wondering if the "surprise" is worth it. Maybe I should just check out the tubes on QVC & purchase through them instead? Their price is $29.96 + $6.72 shipping. I haven't a clue if New Beauty charges me tax or not. However, I do know QVC does charge tax. Even if the pricing is about the same, I'd rather have 8 products instead of 6.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the rumors about us only receiving 6 products aren't true. When I first started New Beauty Test Tube, most of their products where full-sized versions. Lately, I've been receiving low-end shampoo & conditioner. I have no use for it because I'm a Wen girl. Even if I wasn't a Wen girl, I don't want to see drug store brand shampoo & conditioner in the tubes.

Wondering if I should cancel my subscription all together???

Anybody agree with me or am I just being a spoiled brat????
One of the 6 items in the September tube is a skincare kit.

This thread is about the July tube, so I'm not sure how much feedback you'll get in here.

Back