New Limited Edition Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the Vanity Affair box today!  I was planning on waiting a little longer to order but I didn't want to risk it selling out so I went ahead and bought it today.  For the box and a pick two my total came to $38.40 thanks to 400 points and 20% off.  I'm so excited for the box!  I'm going to save it as a Christmas gift for myself and not open it until Christmas day.  I'm going to have to check out the pick two right away though, of course  ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .

It looks like the boxes will be for sale tomorrow/tonight, the women's box is priced a bit high for what it is, maybe  I am missing the value, but they just aren't speaking to me. 

I went for the Vanity Affair one today.  $18.40 with points and TAKEOFF20.  Plus a potentially dubious mystery sample pack.  Was going to wait to try to get more points but if I get a 5-item box, I would've been at 694 which wouldn't have been enough for an extra $10 in points.  And while I can see it not selling out in a week, if I had to wait another month, it might've been a different story.

I need to hide my credit cards now.  That's Birchbox, three Ulta orders (they kept tempting me with coupons and GWPs), one Sephora order, and one order from Tatcha in the last two weeks.  And a couple of other under $20 things.  My bonus from work last month is GONE and then some.

I predict 2 more boxes at least. When you see the list of items in the bb shop, it says there are 12 items, but there are only 10 boxes showing!

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but was cleaning out my inbox and came across this deal in an e-mail from Birchbox :)

"$10 OFF ANY LIMITED EDITION BOX WHEN COMBINED WITH ANY SUBSCRIPTION PURCHASE**"

"**To qualify for the $10 discount you must purchase a limited edition box and a gift subscription or self subscription from Birchbox.com. For a list of qualifying limited edition box products visit https://www.birchbox.com/shop/featured/limited-edition-boxes. No code required; only available while supplies last. Offer available through December 31, 2014 11:59 ET."

BBPromo.jpg

BBPromo2.jpg

Got my box in the mail last night!  No buyer's remorse here!  

First of all, the packaging was gorgeous!!! 

I absolutely love the Rosanna Alhambra Medium vessel - I've had my eye on these for a while, so it definitely helped with my purchase decision :) .

I also love the Stephanie Johnson travel jewelry tray even more than I realized!  It will be useful at home AND on the go.  I always find myself throwing my jewelry on the table or nightstand when I travel and I inevitably end up searching on the floor for fallen earrings, so this will help me stay organized!

The Tocca perfume in Margeaux smells heavenly - it is the perfect fall scent!  At first I wasn't too sure, but I keep sniffing my wrists end enjoying the scent more and more each time.

I am also wearing the Terry Baume de Rose and it feels wonderful on my lips!  A little seems to go a long way and it is very, very moisturizing, plus the scent is really nice.

I immediately polished my toenails with the Jin Soon polish in Coquette and the color is gorgeous, but the formula seems a little watery.  I had to use 2 coats.

I haven't yet tried anything else from the box, but can't wait to do so!  There was a whole lot of luxury packed into the Vanity Affair box!  :)

I also received some cool hair products in my mystery sample pack:  Neil George conditioner and Hairkop Essence Obliphica Moisturizing Treatment Cream.  I've never heard of either of these brands, but I'm always looking for new hair products, so I can't wait to try them!

IMG_7081.JPG

IMG_7082.JPG

IMG_7083.JPG

I don't know if this is a typo or what but I just got my bb sub and there was a gift guide pamplet inside that 5 LE boxes (all are on the site already) but the Homespun and Vanity Affair boxes are a lot more in there.  They're listed for $49 for the homespun ($40 online) and $110 for the VA box ($98 online).  Either way, I'm just happy they went with the lower price XD

I don't know if this is a typo or what but I just got my bb sub and there was a gift guide pamplet inside that 5 LE boxes (all are on the site already) but the Homespun and Vanity Affair boxes are a lot more in there. They're listed for $49 for the homespun ($40 online) and $110 for the VA box ($98 online). Either way, I'm just happy they went with the lower price XD
I noticed that, too.  I wonder if they printed the guide long before the sets went up for sale?  Maybe they decided on the price later?  $98 is kind of an odd price, but there are some people who would probably balk at shelling out over $100 (like me, though I used points) and who might go for it at a slightly lower price.

I have to say that I'm loving the curation of these boxes!  I left Birchbox last year because I was really upset with all the tiny sample foils and low value boxes.  That was back in the day when they had "punishment" boxes, which I always seemed to get.  Now, the monthly boxes are so much better and their LE boxes have been fantastic!  I've wanted them all. . . 

I ordered the Vanity Affair with the 20% off code and mystery sample pack. I had enough points to take off $20, so it came to $58.  I just checked, and I already have another $10 in credit and am thinking about ordering the women's Conscience Commerce box plus one other thing so I can get the Kate Spade necklace.  Birchbox is going to put a serious dent in my wallet this month!   

On another note, I went to the VIB Rouge special event last week and blehhhh.  Sephora had better watch out, because Birchbox is getting so many great cosmetics in their shop and their discounts + rewards are outstanding.  Spending $100 to get a tiny sample when I get so many extras with BB.  

My VA box was missing the By Terry balm. I emailed bb and they are sending me a replacement. I was pleasantly surprised by the make palette, the colores are pigmented and smooth. I was impressed with the rest of the items as well! Very well curated in my opinion as the products feel Very Luxe, but are very useable.

I have to say that I'm loving the curation of these boxes! I left Birchbox last year because I was really upset with all the tiny sample foils and low value boxes. That was back in the day when they had "punishment" boxes, which I always seemed to get. Now, the monthly boxes are so much better and their LE boxes have been fantastic! I've wanted them all. . .

I ordered the Vanity Affair with the 20% off code and mystery sample pack. I had enough points to take off $20, so it came to $58. I just checked, and I already have another $10 in credit and am thinking about ordering the women's Conscience Commerce box plus one other thing so I can get the Kate Spade necklace. Birchbox is going to put a serious dent in my wallet this month!

On another note, I went to the VIB Rouge special event last week and blehhhh. Sephora had better watch out, because Birchbox is getting so many great cosmetics in their shop and their discounts + rewards are outstanding. Spending $100 to get a tiny sample when I get so many extras with BB.
I agree about the sephora vs birchbox thing. Anytime I buy something, I check if it sold on birchbox before buying. I would much rather get the points to get $off than a little sample. Plus, at birchbox I can get socks and snacks too!

I'm hoping to get the vanity fair box for Christmas- is it as great as it looks?

For those that got the vanity affair LE, is the Tata Harper very charming lip and cheek tint a true light pink or is there some peach in it too? Thanks!

Also, for those who may be thinking of getting the men's conscious commerce box, the Swell water bottle is the 17oz. They didn't list the size on the description so I emailed and asked. Just an FYI!

UPS is screwing with me.  My Vanity Affair box was set to be delivered today.  Then UPS sent me an e-mail saying it was put off until tomorrow.  Then the time changed back to today again.  And then the time changed from "11:30-3:30" (which I KNOW will not be the case) to "by end of day."

Did everyone who get the Homespun box also get the teal green socks?  If they varied the sock colors I might end up getting another one... (although that's a rather stupid reason)

My VA box was missing the By Terry balm. I emailed bb and they are sending me a replacement. I was pleasantly surprised by the make palette, the colores are pigmented and smooth. I was impressed with the rest of the items as well! Very well curated in my opinion as the products feel Very Luxe, but are very useable.
Mine had an extra and I emailed and told them - they told me to keep it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back