November 2012 No/Low Buy Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't partake in the VIB sale. But the ITKIT promo is still luring me in. I've stayed strong so far.

November has been a YES-BUY for me apparently. I opened/closed two LBB's and signed up for December's PopSugar Must Have box. Ho hum. I blame getting paid for my work study on this crap, I hope the PopSugar box will be awesome.

Soo, I got my ulta quarterly rewards thing in the mail today. I'm going tomorrow and hoping I can walk out of there with only that. Although, I wouldn't mind using one of the coupons. Any of you  ladies that are more ulta savvy than me, maybe you can answer a question I have. So I got my catalog today the 13th and there was a 5 dollar off coupon I was all ready to use, only to realize it expired yesterday, before I even got it. Is there any way to tell them when I go in tomorrow or is it just too bad, so sad for me, haha. There's a 3.50 off coupon too, but not nearly as good, of course. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I forgot to mention I broke my no-buy last week but I'm kinda glad I did because I picked up the Tarte Bamboo airbrush foundation brush and I LOVE IT and the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation which pretty much immediately became my HG. I exchanged something and used 20% so only ended up spending about $25!

I'm so tempted to open another LBB. Even though I already received 1 this month, and should be receiving another today.. I got an exchange credit for broken earrings (wah wah wahhhh) and right now the 29.95 bag is calling my name. MUST RESIST.
schleich.gif

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so tempted to open another LBB. Even though I already received 1 this month, and should be receiving another today.. I got an exchange credit for broken earrings (wah wah wahhhh) and right now the 29.95 bag is calling my name. MUST RESIST.
schleich.gif
I've always forced myself to stay away from LBB. It looks so awesome and incredibly tempting, and I know I would just get so carried away and out of control with it. 

I didn't partake in the VIB sale. But the ITKIT promo is still luring me in. I've stayed strong so far.
Bright side - ITKits are over!  I got one of each.  Counted $6 of my low-buy budget for each, so I was good there.

EDIT to clarify - I got Christmas gifts to qualify.  My low-buy's just on stuff for me.

I feel bad when I miss a sale but I feel worse when I spend more money on make up when my stash is still full
smile.gif
Half way thru November, still $0 spent on make up.

I couldn't resist.

This will be my last one though, ever probably.
I've been opening them to get things for my aunt and mom. so i dont consider them as self-purchases :p

(By the way - it looks like I was wrong about the ITKIT being over.  Just to correct myself.)

Back from my Chicago trip. Every day when I walked to the hotel that the conference was at, I had to pass by this enormous Ulta. I think you ladies will be pleased to know that I didn't even step inside!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, I brought a bunch of little packets and samples with me to try and use up. Quite a few got emptied out and left behind in the trashcan of my hotel. Progress. Very, very slow progress. Now, I need to go and organize the mess of tiny little bottles and vials on my bathroom counter that pops up every single week. 

Way to go Amy! I've been pretty good. I bought myself something while shopping for my secret santa but only spent $8 on myself.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Way to go Amy! I've been pretty good. I bought myself something while shopping for my secret santa but only spent $8 on myself.
Thanks!! I felt pretty good after I passed it by. I just kept reminding myself that if I bought anything too big over the TSA oz limit I'd have to check my bag, plus, we just had an Ulta open here about a month ago. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really want to buy the Lady Million set from Sephora. I so don't need it, but I've told myself that if I can successfully avoid the Sephora Black Friday sale and use up ALL of my little perfume samples/vials, then I can get it. I hope I can avoid that sale. I looked at what their deals were, and there was absolutely nothing that grabbed my attention. 

There's nothing I really want from Sephora's Black Friday Sale. I might see if I can get a hold of the men's item (beard lube & lip balm) for my boyfriend though. Online, of course.. no way in hell am I going out into the crowds on Black Friday.

I compiled a "Christmas List" for my boyfriend.. Hopefully he gets me one of the items I really want (snow leopard toms or sephora's new fragrance sampler) otherwise I will probably buy them for myself after Christmas. The fragrance sampler is a really good deal because it's $50 and I can get the 1oz Prada Candy with the voucher instead of spending $60 on it. Plus extra fragrances that can possibly work with my migraines. And the TOMS are too cute, plus they give a free pair when you buy one.

I vowed to myself to not spend any more on me for the rest of the year since I did 3 LBBs (one $50 and two $30) and signed up for December's PopSugar this month. Plus with BzzAgent/L'Oreal testing and other samples, I don't need anything beauty related. I probably have enough facial cleanser for another year.

Hi guys! After I spent a little more than I planned to earlier this month, I decided I was going to do a no buy at the beginning of the new year. However, without me really consciously starting it, I've decided to start my no-buy this November and go through until Christmas, which was probably poor timing on my part because of black friday and all the seasonal sales. I've never done one of these and was a little skeptical that I would be able keep a strict no buy.  I decided that if there was limited edition, new collection that I absolutely wanted or a new product that I want to review for my blog/youtube channel, then I would get it. But I'm not buying makeup simply because its there and I can. I wanted to save money for the holidays and for school next semester. Wish me luck! And if you have any tips for me, please let me know! Thanks!

The month is almost over and so far my tally is at $8.42. Not as good as I did last month, but it was what I like to call "me money" so I figure it's alright. I've used up a bunch of samples and a full size mascara, so at least I'm getting rid of some stuff. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JessicaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The month is almost over and so far my tally is at $8.42. Not as good as I did last month, but it was what I like to call "me money" so I figure it's alright. I've used up a bunch of samples and a full size mascara, so at least I'm getting rid of some stuff. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Sounds like a low-buy to me; good job!

Back