November Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Kent OH and it moves slow.  I think it's because of the streamline service they use.  I ship daily with the USPS and know that if if Birchbox went with the USPS directly and skipped Streamline we would get it a few days faster.  I blame Streamline for the slooooooow delivery times.

Originally Posted by singer422 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a question for everyone who gets Birchbox...this is only my second box, so I am still becoming familiar with this program. I live in Cincinnati, OH and the last time I got my box it took a while to get here...I believe about ten days. I know they say that if you live on the west coast it can take up to ten days, but I was just wondering if anyone else that lives around this area has a delay with their boxes? It looks like the post office received electronic shipping info for the november box about four days ago, but no further info has been provided.

Hey I'm in California and usually it doesn't take too long for me to get my birchbox after I receive my shipping notice, the quickest was about 3 days my longest wait is this month's, which has been over a week =[ but I've been told that the boxes sometimes leave in batches so people receive similar boxes around the same time

I know that I am preaching to the choir here, but BB is AMAZING! After 2 months and spending $20, I have already gotten points good for $10 off just from rating the products that they send! 

Alright, not sure if anyone has had this happen before, but I just moved and when I noticed they had sent the Birchbox to my mom's address, instead of my new address that I thought I had updated in time, I contacted them and they said they would just sent out a new box even though I thought they could just change the address mid-ship, so anyways they said it would get shipped out later in the month and I was just wondering when that would be around? And do they send out shipping notifications for the replacement boxes? But I guess I can't really complain if it takes a little longer since I am technically getting two boxes this month when I visit my mom's for thanksgiving, but just a little antsy for it. But thank you for any info you guys could give on the matter. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My tracking number still says my box is in NJ lol... figures. But the website says I got box 22. Umm coasters, yay? lol

I'm getting the bracelet though which pleases me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I already got that orange tube of mud from a Beauty Test Tube, it's pretty good stuff.

Originally Posted by tawnyanshawn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am still waiting got my box to get to the post office.  it was accepted and said sent to the distribution center on the 5th.  lets see if i get it by the end of the month.  I dont want to contact birchbox again over them.  This isnt the first time.  i am going to give it till the end of the week and see what happens. 

It was sent through Streamlite. Streamlite is a lot like UPS only slower, lol. Streamlite only ships Monday - Friday, they don't work weekends, so it can take up 15 business days (Monday - Friday) when you factor in weekends that's actually up to 19 days before your package may arrive from the NJ distribution center to the distribution nearest you before it gets into USPS hands then up to another three days to get to you. Personally I think they need to ditch Streamlite and use USPS and either Fed Ex or UPS instead of Streamlite.

Originally Posted by singer422 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a question for everyone who gets Birchbox...this is only my second box, so I am still becoming familiar with this program. I live in Cincinnati, OH and the last time I got my box it took a while to get here...I believe about ten days. I know they say that if you live on the west coast it can take up to ten days, but I was just wondering if anyone else that lives around this area has a delay with their boxes? It looks like the post office received electronic shipping info for the november box about four days ago, but no further info has been provided.
It's Streamlite. See my explanation above.

Originally Posted by SarahNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I live in Kent OH and it moves slow.  I think it's because of the streamline service they use.  I ship daily with the USPS and know that if if Birchbox went with the USPS directly and skipped Streamline we would get it a few days faster.  I blame Streamline for the slooooooow delivery times.
Ditto. Streamlite is simply the worst shipping company to use.

Originally Posted by atrid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Alright, not sure if anyone has had this happen before, but I just moved and when I noticed they had sent the Birchbox to my mom's address, instead of my new address that I thought I had updated in time, I contacted them and they said they would just sent out a new box even though I thought they could just change the address mid-ship, so anyways they said it would get shipped out later in the month and I was just wondering when that would be around? And do they send out shipping notifications for the replacement boxes? But I guess I can't really complain if it takes a little longer since I am technically getting two boxes this month when I visit my mom's for thanksgiving, but just a little antsy for it. But thank you for any info you guys could give on the matter. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Usually when they send out replacement boxes they do it the same day and will issue you a new tracking within a day. If you haven't seen a new tracking number then a replacement box hasn't been sent yet. Give it a couple of days before contacting them again.

Originally Posted by Ultracitrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is this what Birchbox told you?

I emailed info@birchbox when I did not get the pink box upon entering my 2nd year. They told me the pink box was for yearly subscribers only.

Just curious did everyone with box 22 get the pink izzy zoya color? I'm only wondering because the description on birchbox is the gems and jewels collection which made me wonder if it would be the pink pictured or one of any in the collection...

Originally Posted by melissamiss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just curious did everyone with box 22 get the pink izzy zoya color? I'm only wondering because the description on birchbox is the gems and jewels collection which made me wonder if it would be the pink pictured or one of any in the collection...
It would be one of the two pinks from the Gems & Jewels collection. Judging by the picture from Birchbox everyone got Izzy (the metallic pink) and not Kissy (the glitter pink).

From my blog:

This was my first ever Birchbox, so I thought I would offer the review on the samples that were included.  I honestly wasn’t too thrilled with what I received.  Hopefully future ones impress me a little more.

1.  Anastasia Beverly Hills “HydraFull Gloss in Sugar Pinkâ€.  I really liked the color of this lip gloss.  It was a subtle pink, and would look good with either warm or cool eyeshadow.  It does have the usual lipgloss stickiness/pulling pieces of hair off of your lips quality, but it’s hard to not find that with lip glosses.  The color didn’t last real long, but again, that is typical of a gloss.

2.  Borghese “Fango Brilliante Brightening Mudâ€.  This is my favorite product that came in this months box.  I am a spa and face product junkie, and I am totally sold on this mud mask.  It smells really good, it has a pretty pink color as opposed to the typical greys and browns you get in a mud mask.  But the quality I liked the most was how it washed off.  It was completely dried to my face, yet it barely took any scrubbing to get it off.  Usually I have to scrub my face pretty hard, leaving it red and very uncomfortable.  It was not the case with this product.  Very happy with it.

3.Guerlain “Shalimar Parfum initialâ€.  This was a perfume sample.  I didn’t like that I received this in my Birchbox as it is relatively simple to get perfume samples at Sephora, but I really did like the smell of this one.  It was very floral and the scent lasted throughout a work day ( a plus for me).  It’s very pricey, though, so I probably wouldn’t purchase this for myself.

4. J.R. Watkins “Foot repair salveâ€.  If you can keep a secret, I will tell you that I will be using this on my husband to see if it truly works.  He has much rougher heels than I do, so I am curious if this may just be the miracle salve he has been looking for.  I, however, LOVE the scent of this stuff.  Seriously smells like a liquid candy cane.  I rubbed it on my feet and didn’t feel a difference, but I also didn’t follow the directions (apply to feet, put on socks overnight).  Like I said, my husbands feet will be the true test……..A+++ for the scent!!!

Favorite:  Borghese mud

Least Favorite:Anastasia Beverly Hills lip gloss

Oh okay so its pretty true to the picture, I was kinda hoping for holly but I really can't complain about my box, even w/ the coasters haha my boyfriend could really use some!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It would be one of the two pinks from the Gems & Jewels collection. Judging by the picture from Birchbox everyone got Izzy (the metallic pink) and not Kissy (the glitter pink).

• MakeupTalk has taken the time to "embed" your video for you.
  • Can you do us a favor and make sure that you embed all your videos directly into posts/threads instead of linking them?
  • If you are not sure how to embed, please see How to embed VIDEOS on MakeupTalk
  • Thank you!

Originally Posted by makaylasbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i love my birchbox! I have a video posted here:)

On BB's preview video, they said they are only sampling the opaque colors, not the glitters, so it woulnt be "one of the two pinks" since no one got the glitters, but you can buy them from their site.  Just in case people were wondering.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

man it takes me forever to get it even though I'm before California! That is insane you get it so fast.

Back