Oily scalp + Dry ends= HELP ME!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with charmedimsure - washing daily is one of the worst things to do with oily hair!

Have you thought about doing the no-poo method? You can Google more info on it but i swear it has saved my hair.

I used to have the same problem, but i started the no poo method a few weeks ago and i can't believe i ever used anything else. The truth is, you'll have a transition period where your hair will feel uber oily - but that is just the shock of not stripping your hair of its natural oils and your scalp still over producing sebum.

I wouldn't recommend the baking soda method, but there's a recipe for coconut milk and pure aloe that i love (plus you can freeze it into ice cube trays for easy portions) then i use a water ACV mix on my ends for conditioning.

I swear my hair has never been happier. It has volume again, strength, shine, i could go on for ages but you can look it up for yourself to see what others say!

Once you stop stripping your head of its oils, your scalp will realize after awhile that, hey! I don't need to work so hard anymore!

Good luck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Tea is an amazing cure for treating oily hair. Dip a tea bag in some warm water and apply the resulting tea to your scalp. Leave on for a few minutes and then rinse out with a mild shampoo. For the dry ends, you can simply apply some aloe vera gel and leave it on. This calms the frizz and also helps keep dirt away.

Hopefully these are of some help to you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also suffer from this problem and I think that washing my hair every day can be adding to the problem. Washing your hair too often can encourage it to produce even more oil, which then makes the problem even worse! Try going a day between washes (use dry shampoo if you need to). A good conditioner will help with the dry ends - but just use it on the ends of your hair, not on your scalp.

Back