OMC Wants Your Opinions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Brendal -

I typed a long winded post earlier this morning only to have it disappear! :moa:

Anyway, I want to start out by saying that I am really, really impressed and satisfied with Ocean Mist Mineral makeup.:rockwoot: It has incredible staying power and it never changes color on me. Maybe it is because of the talc that it does that? Anyway, it never irritates my skin and the color stays true ALL day long. The eyeshadows are very vibrant and if I want it to look even more so, I just dampen a sponge applicator and apply some of it wet. I couldn't be happier with it. I had ordered the Ingenue foundation and it is a little bit dark on me. I'm going to save some of it for the summer - but it gave me the excuse to buy some of the foundation in Petal to mix it so that it will be lighter. I also ordered the blush in Rosy (or is it Posy?) - anyway it's a really pretty pink. I already have the blush in "Mermaid's Kiss" (love the name:rotfl:) and I absolutely love it too.

Personally, I wouldn't change a thing about it, but if there is room for improvement or for at least trying an additional line, why not? I also am not too worried about the "extra" ingredients, because I still have a ton of Christian Dior, MAC, Chanel, Lancome and Este Lauder eyeshadows that I don't intend on getting rid of. I love that makeup as well and none of them ever irritated my skin. Once a long while ago, (I don't know if anyone even remembers these), Lancome put out a "powder pencil." It was a chunky pencil which was very, very shimmery. They were gorgeous, however, they made my eyes itch and tear. I had to get rid of those - but then that was really the only time that I can remember makeup irritating me.

Except for Joppa that is (and that's only because of the sizes that they sell it in - I still can't get over that 3 teaspoon deal! :laughing: :laughing: ).

But I do think that the Ocean Mist is as good or even better than the Joppa. I really love it and am over the moon with it (can you tell????? :laughing: ). Brendal - really is a doll both inside and out! And I'm not just saying that, I really mean it!

And, if you need someone else to test out the new ingredients, I won't mind. I have slight rosacea, and very sensitive skin - so if something is going to irriate it, I should be a pretty good candidate!

Anyway - I'd better get back to work and post this before it disappears again. Once I get started talking there's no shutting me up! I should have chosen "Magpie" as my logon name, though CooCoo suites me fine!:add_wegbrech:

P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE - AND BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL FOR THE NEW YEAR TOO!

CooCoo

Hi,

I've just ordered my samples from your website. After hearing all of the great reviews I am very excited to try. I currently use Bare Escentuals and have tried EDM and Pure Lux. I am 40 have combination skin with a tendency to have small millia type breakouts upon sensitivity to some ingredients (example: Smashbox Primer).

I would love to be a tester.

Marilyn

i heard so much great reviews that i'm planning to order my sample kit in the start of the new year.

Hi Ocean Mist. It's great to watch the growth of your business....it's also wonderful that you are looking to take on board 'real' peoples opinions!

I currently use EDM, but I'm fed up of their new delivery charges and bad customer service. I was looking to introduce EDM to my College (I run a fashion and beauty dept at a well known London Fashion School), as I want our students to be aware of MMU, however I am now looking for other brands, as frankly they have let me down one too many times! Anyway, I divert.

I had a look at your website and as I have a huge amount of EDM makeup at the moment, didn't really want to add to the pile, however I use and love EDM's intensive formula. I notice, or maybe I am wrong, that you only have one formulation? Having looked at lots of reviews of EDM, their most popular line now is the intensive...it's great for problem skin + may be great for editorial and catwalk work, to get a matt sprayed on look.... my only concern is the mica reflecting back too white with flash photography...

MB

I'm sorry, I just made a liar out of myself :scared: . I just remembered, that Bare Minerals irritated my skin something awful. It made me itch like crazy. It contained the Bismuth, and I think that bothers a lot of people. Anyway, that was much more recent and I just plain forgot about it. Maybe I just didn't want to remember! Just thinking about it makes me want to scratch my face!

CooCoo

Hey Oceanmist, I'm impressed you're asking for opinions. Good for you! (Good business decision! {wink})

I must be stranger than most. I went to your site on the recommendations here, and on seeing the talc listed, chose to leave. There are enough other sources not using talc (which, while your sources may be warranting it asbestos free... well... I'm just not willing to rely on your reliance on their word, you know?) It's probably because I'm nearly 51, and trying very hard to cut down on my exposure to anything unnecessary, that I don't see the balance tipping between trying what sounds like great stuff, and stuff that has something I'm trying to avoid.. (I even use pure aloe and pure vitamin E mixed together as a moisturizer...) (But I'm overly cautious nowadays.)

That said: if there were a way to make a... well... a dehydrated "liquid" make-up that one merely mixed with water to reconstitute -- maybe that would avoid the bacteria problem, and provide the mineral purity desired.

Elenor

Hi again Ocean mist.

I think the responses above confirm that you need to offer choice - thats the most important thing. There will always be people who are not interested in content of your products and there will always be those who are.....

If you have options catering for both, that way you will cover all! Also there are people with so many different skin types, however I think that those with problem skins or blemishes are more likely to go for MMU...as it offers coverage and the potential of non comedogenic properties....skin sensitivity is an issue in the worl of MMU (as I am sure you know!)

I have looked extensively at MMU and I will always go for a brand which has variety + explains the differences. The main thing is not to out price 'special' products, as this stops people from purchasing them.

good luck

MB

I've heard SO much great stuff about your formula, I don't think theres really a need to change it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> However if you do, I would suggest having two different lines as a couple of other people have suggested, keeping the old formula and also having the new one.

I'd be willing to test out the new formula if you do make one :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Your product is really great ... Eventhough I only tried your sample but I'm pretty happy with the coverage. Since I have a very sensitive skin and I don't want to break out from talc, I was a little hesitate to try out your product at first ... But I just couldn't help myself aftering reading all these good reviews ... I still can't tell how my skin gonna react to your product yet .... But if you consider to add in another line, I'd be willing to test it out ... Keep up the good work =)

i'm all for anything that offers the most coverage possible... i finally found the perfect shade for me in any makeup (liquid or mineral) with ocean mist (the shade Sand) but i am one of those people afflicted with acne scars, etc. so the more coverage the better... as long as the new formulation still gives me the perfect match that Sand does i'm all for anything you choose to do!

Although leery, I did sample Oceanmist and have to say I'll pass. For people in my skintone the color selection is not that great--orange. The foundation is very silky, due to the talc. Talc is a mineral, but not one that I care for. It can give my skin an unnatural "cast" that is not desired and clog pores.

I will be glad to be a guinea pig. =)

I'm still waiting on my sample kit I ordered last week, but I've heard so many positive reviews about your product that I'm sure that even though it has talc in it, that I'm not sketchy about it at all now. (I was a little before you posted, so thanks for the info on the talc in your products' ingredients!) I am so excited to try out my samples when they get here! But, I wouldn't mind the idea of an additional line of OceanMist cosmetics that didn't contain talc. I'm more than willing to test any new products that OMC will throw out at me. =)

Back