Out of the Box - what do you think?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my box today.  I was shocked at how quickly the box shipped and How quickly I received it.  I have to say I was underwhelmed with the contents.  It's these cases where I feel bad about spending $25.  The good thing is I can give the jewelry to my niece, she'll enjoy it so I don't feel so bad about that.
I love bath products, so I'm pleased with the salts, scrubs, could do without the pieces of soap.  If you're gonna give soap, do better than a sliver.  What can I do with that?  Too many candle tarts, hate ths scents (strawberry cream, shortening & cinnamon).  It would've been alright if they were scents that I like.  The only one I liked was the Bergamot scent.

Raspberry delight bath salts-  Not a fan of raspberry, but it didn't smell that bad.
Lavender Bath soak
Cute gift tags & Valentine card
Spicy Mexican Toffee, tasty, would've been better without the spice
Goat milk & honey lotion sample & a mini soy candle, the scent is Hot Kiss - interesting, in a little box, nice packaging
Love my feet callus remover soap- they get points for this, a plus!
Heart magnet-caffeinated - very cute
Choclate honey chocolate pop- bubbas sweets
banana heart shaped sucker- alright I guess
Love salts- joie joelle creations, smells like rose, too strong.  Grandma might like it
Where's the chocolate, Not a real Valentine's box without chocolate!! Really?
In a nutshell, glad I bought the box.  Worth $25, not to me. I would've been mad if I bought the bodacious box for almost $70, really?   Glad I'm not throwing out everything, able to re-gift some items.  Don't know what I'll do with the candle tarts.
I won't buy a box again, un-less they upgrade.

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We couldn't figure out the 2 heart shaped things either LOL!

I was really annoyed by that teeny crocheted circle after I realised that chick is selling them for $2.25 with $1.80 shipping and marketing them as "general purpose' crochet rounds.  Um, what!!!!???  I'm a veteran crocheter and I can tell you it would cost maybe 25 cents and five minutes to make and you could mail them in a regular letter envelope.  She ought to be ashamed of herself.
I received some of the crocheted circles several months ago.  That crafter labeled the crocheted circle as a gentle scrubbie to wash your face with.

I liked the box, but I like hand made items. I burn a lot of tarts and candles. I also liked liked the beauty items and the jewelery. I don't know that I would order every month. I think it would depend on the theme.

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a veteran knitter who can't crochet worth a damn, but I do want to knit an owl toy for my friend's nursery that has crocheted eyes, maybe I should contact this lady?  Hahaha!  I get frustrated myself with 1 hour scarves knit in Super Saver going for a lot of money, when I know I could never sell my lace for enough to make the work worth it.  Oh well.
I'll make you eyes for free and even throw in shipping...for real, that's how much it offends me that she is such a rip-off artist.

Originally Posted by PaulaG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received some of the crocheted circles several months ago.  That crafter labeled the crocheted circle as a gentle scrubbie to wash your face with.
How can be be a "scrubbie" when it's 100% cotton?  You can go to CVS and buy a pack of 5 textured scrubbies for less than $4.00.

Well, if people want to pay $4 for one of her crochet things that is up to them...I mean people pay $100 for a lip balm or whatever thesedays-not saying I would do that.

Also her items are not made in China and are handmade,so some people like that better I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gifr

How can be be a "scrubbie" when it's 100% cotton?  You can go to CVS and buy a pack of 5 textured scrubbies for less than $4.00.

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine today and I had a lot of fun unboxing it with my daughter in law.  There is a lot of stuff in the box.  We liked most of it.  We didn't actually know what a couple things were as there was no label or anything to tell if it was soap or wax tarts or maybe even candy.

I don't think I'd buy it on a regular basis but it is a fun box and considering how many items are in it, worth $25.  I was kind of floored by some little round crocheted thing which, what?  It isn't big enough to be anything so I have no clue what it's supposed to be a sample of.

I was happy with it overall.  What I didn't like my DIL did and I can give my daughter the 3 pairs of earrings that were in the box.  
Ha!  Just noticed the guy in the background.  Nice arms.  : )

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha!  Just noticed the guy in the background.  Nice arms.  : )
Haha!  That's my husband.  He's holding up pretty well for an old guy (48)!

Back