Over the counter shampoo or salon shampoo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use MATRIX the orange one to get hair straight, all I can say is I am always trying different brands salon and drugstore. Also, I have heard that shampoo is just to wash your hair and get it clean, and if your going to invest to do so in a good conditioner!

Just FYI my friend is a stylist and she said when she was in school they told her that Pantene is the absolute worst shampoo & conditioner you can buy. You would think that it was a good brand considering their reputation, commercials,etc. but she said that the conditioner makes spilt ends worse and causes them and that it also causes breakage. The acid levels in the shampoo are supposidly real high which isnt good at all for hair.

Also my experience and friends experience with Garnier Fructese was bad. It is actually probably one of my favorite smelling shampoos but it makes my hair sooo greasy. its the only shampoo that has ever done that too me. My friends said the same thing. I love the smell so i kept on going back to it but thats when i realized it was the shampoo that was causing buildup and greasiness. even if you use a clarifier before it still isnt good! Anyone else think so?

In my oppinion I think there are some good drugstore brands Vo5,Dove,Tresemme etc. But Salon shampoos are probably better especially for treated or colored hair.

Sally beauty supply also has some great but cheap shampoo's they have a beyong the zone line with all kinds of shampoos and products. very good products in funky looking bottles it sorta reminds me of bed head.

I hear the absolute BEST shampoo you can buy is Biolage. It used to be sold only in salons but now im seeing it in wholesale stores and some drug stores

I use the cheap stuff. I like Tresemme and Garnier Fructise! I like to save my money to splurge on more important stuff like makeup and clothes!

Yeah, i've always heard that from every hair stylist i've known. I used to use Pantene when I was a kid and it made my hair really dry and brittle so I believe it.

I use Back to Basics, Redkin, Chi, and Artec. I switch around between them all and only use the Artec once in awhile to maintain my haircolor. I have used Biolage in the past and it was really good, too. I want to try it again but I need to finish off my other shampoos and conditioners first. I have an overload in my shower.

I've been using biolage becuase I won a set of it, normally I woudln't have the moeny for it. It's pretty good though. usually I use drugstore shampoo, got 2 be or Freeman. It's important that the product isn't animal tested for me.

I've tried quite a few drugstore and salon shampoo and conditioner combos (Finesse, TreSumme, Suave, Fructise, VO5, Herbal Essences, Paul Mitchell, Joico, Back to Basics, Artec, Bed Head, Pureology, etc), but have FINALLY found my HG; D'avines Nounou. I have incredibly fine, thin hair that is colored. Almost every product I tried gave me the tangles or weighed my hair down too much! 2 days of using Nounou and no tangles. I switch between Momo, Nounou and Dede easily. The Wizards line also rocks, I LOVE the Crystal spray.

cardboardbox thats really cool that you choose products that aren't tested on animals.... I'm the same way i know how it is!

A good shampoo that isnt tested on animals is Vo5 nourishing oasis.... try that out if u get a chance it smells and works great

www.stopanimaltests.com

I disagree that salon products are better - there are good and bad in both. Basically the main ingredient in all shampoos is sodium laureth sulfate. Wether its a salon or drugstore brand, the more gentle and less stripping shampoos are those for color treated hair, which I use wether my hair is colored or not. About twice a week I wash with Artec White Violet (salon, about $10 ) because it keeps my highlights from going brassy. I've tried the cheaper Shimmer Lights,which I think is Clairol, but it IS NOT better and at $7, not much cheaper. Loreal Colorvive is one of the best drugstore brands. I also like Paul Mitchelll Shampoo One, and the above mentioned Biolage. If I really feel like blowing some money, Bumble and Bumbles Super Rich conditioner is to die for at $19!!!! So is their shampoo. I have to hide it or I have a heart attack seeing my boyfriend use half a bottle to wash his SHORT

hair :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: !!!!! Truth is, any gentle shampoo is fine with me, after all, soap is SOAP, I'd rather spend a little xtra on conditioners and styling products.

Back