Pam spray as a nail product?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see it working but it stinks, I would want to wash my hands and that would defeat the purpose.

Yes! Spraying Pam on nail polish works. I am inclined to believe the reaction has something to do with gelling the polymers in the nail lacquer (similar to a plasticizer), thereby lowering its surface energy. It's kind of the same concept with "core-shell" technology... it prevents what is called "sheering" when anything makes contact with the surface.

That's chemistry at work! Cool, isn't it?

never heard of it, but its interesting though!
smile.gif

Pam is an oil-based cooking spray used to keep things from sticking to the pan. It does work to dry nail polish faster in a sense. The oils float on top of the surface of the nails and keep things from actually damaging the nail polish. however, It is oil, so it can be hard to get it off your hands while leaving it on the nails. And you can't really add another layer of polish until after the oil is completely removed, otherwise it slips and slides around instead of sticking.

Back