POPSUGAR Must Have August 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else just get/use this free ThirdLove panty voucher email from PS? I just used it! You still have to pay the shipping with orders under $39, but I'm not hating PS randomly sending us vouchers since they could've waited to include this in the September box!

Anyone else just get/use this free ThirdLove panty voucher email from PS? I just used it! You still have to pay the shipping with orders under $39, but I'm not hating PS randomly sending us vouchers since they could've waited to include this in the September box!
where? In email?

where? In email?
yes, I received an email at like 2:50 this afternoon with the "exclusive offer for PSMH subscribers." ThirdLove is hitting up the subscription box cycle this month. Apparently they were also included in birchbox and wantable this month

yes, I received an email at like 2:50 this afternoon with the "exclusive offer for PSMH subscribers." ThirdLove is hitting up the subscription box cycle this month. Apparently they were also included in birchbox and wantable this month
yep, saw it after you mentioned it.  thanks!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the earrings and love them, so I decided to swap to get the necklace too. I received it today and Oh My Goodness it is so beautiful! I couldn't tell on pictures, but the stone is so petite (about a third the size of the earring stones) and the necklace looks just lovely on me. I'm not a petite person, so I was worried it would be too small for my neck, but it's not. I never wear gold (I'm a silver gal) but I'm wearing this and expanding my horizons. I've been a subscriber since October of last year and I think this box is officially my favorite box to date. (With the inclusion of this necklace, which doesn't really count because I had to swap for it, but...)

I am kind of getting over my obsession with subscription boxes. I'm past the phase where I just order every box I see. I'm actually relieved that my 6 month sub to Fancy is over and have canceled most other boxes. But I have to say I love Popsugar so much, I hope they stay in business forever and keep the quality up and the price reasonable, because they've got a customer for life in me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just finally received my box (estimated arrival was 8/25 so I'm actually excited it came early even though it took so long), and I was happily surprised that I got the free towel from MSA! I had tried to enter the promo code when ordering and it said that it didn't go through because it was only for new subscribers, and I had received a box a few months ago then cancelled so I technically wasn't new. Apparently it worked anyway! I was also really happy to receive the necklace instead of the earrings since I don't have pierced ears. So, overall I'm quite pleased with this month's haul!

We made the cookies for back to school and I have to say I am not a fan. This is completely personal preference but they are really really sweet.  Think sugar cookie with more sugar in the form of sprinkles and candies. And the cookies really flattened out when cooking. Cute idea but I'll stick to homemade.

Funny , was watching a local (Portland)morning talk show and a guest had on the purple earrings! They actually looked awesome because her dress was black/white with purple matching accents now I almost wish they'd sent out the purple one's we first got a look at LOL!

We made the cookies for back to school and I have to say I am not a fan. This is completely personal preference but they are really really sweet.  Think sugar cookie with more sugar in the form of sprinkles and candies. And the cookies really flattened out when cooking. Cute idea but I'll stick to homemade.
hmmm, maybe I will add an extra egg to firm them up. Sounds like my sweet toothed Hubby will like them, I like to keep the sugar more under control.

I just made the cookies this afternoon. I cooked them a bit longer (about 16 minutes). Maybe it was the extra cooking time, but they really had the "crispy/chewy" thing going on. I added the vanilla, too. Definitely a hit here!

Funny , was watching a local (Portland)morning talk show and a guest had on the purple earrings! They actually looked awesome because her dress was black/white with purple matching accents now I almost wish they'd sent out the purple one's we first got a look at LOL!
I (shamefully) admit that I looked up "celebrities wearing Kendra Scott jewelry" last night and there are a ton of pics of tv people wearing those earrings in all different colors. The turquoise seem to be particularly pretty, but I still prefer the slate, because I'm not really daring in my attire. I have no idea why I looked it up because I couldn't care less about celebrities jewelry, but I guess it is slightly fun to know I am wearing the same earrings that Rachael Ray and Hilary Duff wear.

I am so unhappy.  I purchased this box for the lip plumper lip gloss & the earrings.  The lip gloss  turned out to be a pink lip gloss and I got the necklace when my preferences stated earrings and silver.

Really, not happy now.

I am so unhappy.  I purchased this box for the lip plumper lip gloss & the earrings.  The lip gloss  turned out to be a pink lip gloss and I got the necklace when my preferences stated earrings and silver.

Really, not happy now.
You can try to swap the necklace for silver earrings; I'm sure there are plenty of ladies looking for necklaces :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Hi. There are a ton of people looking for the necklace on MSA, if that helps. I got the necklace too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll be trading for earrings. And I bought a gift box, which still says Processing. Needless to say, it will be too late to gift. And I'll probably get another necklace. Womp womp

And did anyone notice a funky smell to the gloss? I'm not usually one to complain but it's Def funky

And did anyone notice a funky smell to the gloss? I'm not usually one to complain but it's Def funky
I didn't even bother to open it - it went straight to swap list...

thank you for the tip about ...msa...shhhh, can't talk about it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Used my 20% code for this necklace that came today and I love it!  So delicate and falls just where I want it. 
skylie-pendant-rhodium-turquoise.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so unhappy. I purchased this box for the lip plumper lip gloss & the earrings. The lip gloss turned out to be a pink lip gloss and I got the necklace when my preferences stated earrings and silver.

Really, not happy now.
I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the versions you were wanting. I think everyone got the same lip gloss. If you are into swapping, someone on here will likely swap you the earrings for the necklace. It seems like more earrings went out, so the necklaces are more coveted.

Hi. There are a ton of people looking for the necklace on MSA, if that helps. I got the necklace too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll be trading for earrings. And I bought a gift box, which still says Processing. Needless to say, it will be too late to gift. And I'll probably get another necklace. Womp womp
Is the gift box a surprise item?

Latest posts

Back