PopSugar Must Have October 2016 *spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty happy with this box. It's been raining a lot lately where I live, so I'm glad to have the umbrella. I'm always excited to get a book, and I've heard good things about this book specifically. I've also heard a lot of great things about the makeup eraser and I was thinking about buying it, so it's really convenient that I'm going to get it in a box. The thing I'm least excited about is the shower oil, because even though it sounds like it smells really good, this is the type of thing that sounds better for a jacuzzi instead of a shower. But otherwise, I'm satisfied with everything in the box.

I feel like the last 3 boxes, including this one, have been a total bore. My PS love is fading after 3 years. Today I opened my box looked at the stuff, put it in my closet on top of last month's unused box. Until now, I've always had atleast one item i would need/use. I honestly can't even remember what was in the box other than the umbrella. Oh yeah, the book. Not happy. I ordered two mystery boxes and I probably should not have.

Looks like I won't have my box until Monday. Ugh. I kinda wanna check out this makeup remover thingy.

Looks like I won't have my box until Monday. Ugh. I kinda wanna check out this makeup remover thingy.
i have the makeup remover item! i purchased it from sephora last year- i love it it gets even the most stubborn makeup right off!  what i don't like is the fact that my husband keeps mistaking it for a hand towel and keeps using it to dry his hands!  i recommend washing it at least two to three times a week though if you use it every day. you can actually see your makeup on it even after rinse -it all comes off when you wash it though

I'm in love with the body wash- the smell is intoxicating & the lather is incredible. A little goes a long ways. I'm drinking out of the mug right now & every sip I take a drip runs down the side of the mug. Seriously, what a mess, there's either something wrong with the rim of the mug or there's something wrong with the way I drink coffee- could totally just be me...lol!

I love the body wash too. The scent is great and the sponge seems to last a long time. I like the little mug too. It's hefty. I wasn't sure about the makeup remover thing but it sounds a lot more interesting now. Thanks for sharing @@Jo Cres. I'll have to dig mine out. I love how we share about what works in these boxes and what doesn't. It makes the boxes a lot more interesting and I love hearing about what everyone is doing with theirs and thinks of the products. I've picked up so many good tips and feel like I get so much more out of the boxes as a result. Thanks to you all here on MUT! 

I got my box today!

I like it better now that I have it. I'll use the umbrella. I still have the polka dot one from a while back but I don't mind an extra for my trunk or office. It rains a lot where I live so umbrellas are necessary, but we get a lot of wind too, which destroys umbrellas...so we'll see how long this one lasts.

I didn't open the shower oil but I can't wait to try it, it's right up my alley scent wise, I wonder if I can use it for shaving?

The hot cocoa is nice, nothing terribly exciting, goes well with the mug. I'll probably swap or gift the mug. Did you notice if your mug has any imperfections? Mine has a few uneven spots. I wonder if these were not able to be sold and that's why they made their way into the boxes. 

I can't wait to give this makeup eraser a try to night. I'm really curious to see if it will take off my eye makeup. I usually use an oil cleanser then follow up with a regular cleanser.  

The book is meh I have 0 interest in reading it. I'll sell or swap it.

They eyeliner is black eyeliner I have probably a hundred of them. 

Overall I like the box a could items I'm excited to try out, a couple are completely practical and a couple are just meh.

I own 3 of the Magic Eraser cloths!  They are AMAZING!!!! Two for during the week, and I pack one for my travel kit.  I NEVER use eye makeup remover anymore (unless it is to touch up my finished makeup). Add more water to get off the stubborn eye makeup. I also use different portions of the cloth to use it longer before throwing into the wash. You can also put a little shampoo on it in the shower, and it will get most of the makeup off if you don't want to wait for laundry. Probably the most recommended product I tell my friends about. My life and face have changed because of this product. Okay, I'm sounding a little crazy. But seriously, I wear contacts, and it is the best way to remove eye makeup without irritating my eyes and doesn't hurt my sensitive skin.  Use the back of the cloth to really exfoliate. And if you don't believe how good it is, wash your face with it, then take a cotton pad with toner on it, and see if any makeup is left on your face. I was in shock! :) Sorry for my little novel! I just LOVE this product!  :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back