Proactiv

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used it since approximately 2001. It's one of those products you'd have to try for yourself to develop an opinion.

Wow, this is a very informative thread! I need to cut and paste it out and give it to my cousins mom. I have had clients come to me saying they wanted to try our clear advantage because it was cheaper and the proactive dried them out so I told her she may want to re think it. She is a wholesale buyer with us and uses the cosmetics and lift but never tried anything else. I explained the whole set was 35% off the $66 it cost compared to the price of proactive but I think she thinks the more it cost the better it works. I thank you all and I am going to check out the other thread too.

Ann Phelps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The first time I used Proactiv it worked really good and cleared up my acne, but I stopped the regimen and after that it was never worked for me again!

Proactiv was great at first for my oily skin but once it got over the initial shock the oil buildup was massive and I started breaking out way more often than if I would have just quit. I did quit, and the withdrawal wasn't so bad (haha, cleared up fast) and I find a gentle regimen worked way better for me. The constant batter of chemicals and exfoliation irritated my skin and made my hyperpigmentation problem a lot worse. I think proactiv's drying properties can't stand up to a good moisturizer

I have been using ProActiv for about a month now, and I'm not seeing any big improvements. Sometimes when I put it on, it stings my face and really burns. It seems to make my face really dry.. is this a good thing or not?

It works on the begginning but leaves skin very dry, lots of peeling, redness. If you stop doing twice a day, you breakout twice as bad. I am using Lorea'l acne response peel for adult acne and doesn't dry my skin and my acne is going away.

I really dont know what to do,

I maen i think i might get it

but my acne isnt THAT bad

its like normal teenager acne right now..

but i do have oily skin

i just have read TOO many reviews on it being horrific

im talking like... causing cystic acne

its supposed to help.. not make it worse

im so hesitant right now..

but the bottom line is..

i just see more negative reviews then positive about it.

what do i do!?

bleeeeh

Hi,

Personally, I think Proactiv is like any other product, it will work wonders for some and won't do a bloody bit of good for others.

If the product starts to irritate your face, please return it. I know they use to exchange it for the sensitive version.

I used proactiv.. it worked for a few months and then my skin got oilier and I broke out bad... It got too expensive anyways & I was too afraid to stop using benzoyl peroxide, so I switched to Dans regimen, which is far less irritating, and it has been great for my skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (Been on that regimen for many months now)

I used Proactiv for about 4 months and while it cleaned the skin, it didn't clear any blemishes. I gave up and started using clean and clear.My skin looks much better now.

Back