QC Makeup Academy???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Isabella2012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@vougeboy what makeup school did you go to?
I went to Blanche MacDonald Institute for Applied Design in Vancouver, BC in 1996.

To Vogueboy:

Hi , Blanche MacDonald Institute is cool, I looked it. So sad, but this centre is in US. Do you know something similar like this centre  in United Kingdom???

Originally Posted by ernestab666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To Vogueboy:

Hi , Blanche MacDonald Institute is cool, I looked it. So sad, but this centre is in US. Do you know something similar like this centre  in United Kingdom???
I've heard that this school http://www.brushstroke.co.uk/ is the equivilant of Blanche, MUD, Joe Blasco, and Complections.

I want to enroll for a course related to make up also.  But what I did for now is reading reviews online.

*Link removed per TOS

I love QC makeup academy. 

I am almost done with my first unit and it's been so helpful and the payment plans are amazing. I'm enrolled in the masters makeup artistry course.

I have my own website at (Link removed per TOS)

and am well on my way to a successful career! 

& yes it is all online but also very hands on. you do makeup on peers and it's very important that you do this; sometimes youll do makeup on mature skin, other times you need dry or oily skin..so not everything can be done on yourself! 

@Karmalynn I'm glad you posted that, I'm do happy to hear that you love QC Academy. I get my kit next week for masters make up artist as well.... Yay!! I'm going to take a peek at your website ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> soon!! Isabel

Originally Posted by KarmaLynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love QC makeup academy. 

I am almost done with my first unit and it's been so helpful and the payment plans are amazing. I'm enrolled in the masters makeup artistry course.

I have my own website at (Link removed per TOS)

and am well on my way to a successful career! 
It removed your link, can you pm your site to me? I would love to see also! I'm also very interested in QC makeup academy. Just want to make sure it's going to be worth the $$$$.
smile.gif

I was wondering if anyone would like to sell their QC makeup academy books? I don't want to buy the whole thing but I do want to take a look at the books. Please reply if your interested..

Originally Posted by KarmaLynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

& yes it is all online but also very hands on. you do makeup on peers and it's very important that you do this; sometimes youll do makeup on mature skin, other times you need dry or oily skin..so not everything can be done on yourself! 
I was wondering that when you were finished with your master makeup artist course, if I could buy your books from you... 

Hi, and thank you so much for posting pictures of your materials and things you received from QC. I got my information packet and knew that we would get pallettes, but didn't know we would also get brushes. Please let me know how you have liked the courses please. Also, could you let me know if you have seen anything on their accredidation other thank the BBB. Thanks again.

Aishia

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to complete the course? I would love to take it since I'm looking forward to opening up a store front for my makeup and products. QC

I am a professional makeup artist and I wanted to share the best online academy that I had the pleasure of taking their online FX course. It is taught by a celebrity makeup artist who has done makeup on over 40 celebrities! She is very informative and shares a ton of secrets in her course also! Everyone should check out this online makeup school called RPM (Link deleted per Terms of Service. ) it is soooo worth the time and money! I am so happy I found it ; ) .

I just recieved the free brochure in the mail and am VERY interested. IHow do you get financial aid to pay for this?

I personally have not taken any long distance courses from QC Makeup Academy or any other school. They may be great, I can't say for sure. I can tell you that there are A LOT of great books out there and videos that you can get a hold of for free or very inexpensive. The thing about make up is that the only thing that is going to help you get better at it is practice. My suggestion would be invest in some great books to read about all the different techniques and then have your friends comeover and practice. Take pictures each time so that you can compare and start to see your progess. You can also buy great starter kits on line for around $600, camerareadycosmetcs.com has great ones. After you get comfortable have a photographer do a portfolio party with you. It will help you get quality pictures. Most makeup lines just ask you to submit shots of your work and a business card saying you are a makeup artist to get a discount on there line. All that being said, the distance course may be worth it BUT you can also do it on your own if you have a tight budget. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Back