QVC New Beauty Test Tube: Fall-Winter 2012 sneak peek!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was pretty disappointed in this one and actually put most of it in a gift bag for my daughter's preschool teacher's birthday. At least I could regift!

Originally Posted by RucheChic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

received my box today I got winter mint from WEN this time but they also made a mistake and sent me two nail strengtheners and no lip gloss.
I would hate this! I would much rather have the lip gloss instead of the nail strengthener.

I was surprised to see my shipping notice in my inbox. It seems like I just received last seasons test tube. The Mally eyeliner and the WEN I have tried and loved. Atho, I haven't tried the WEN's Winter Vanilla Mint scent. The rest of the tube will be new to me so I am excited to try!

I ended up getting the WEN in the Tea Tree scent but I was hoping for the Winter Vanilla Mint. But who knows, I might fall in love with the Tea Tree.

Out of my tube, so far I have only tried the BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lip gloss (Sparkplug) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
wub.gif
The applicator is doe foot but it's tilted and so unique. I love the formula. At first I was like, meh, another lip gloss, but THIS is not just ANOTHER lip gloss! WTG, BareMinerals! This is a winner!

Happy about the Mally eyeliner....I don't have this color (Onyx)! Thought I did but I have the color midnight and my others aren't retractable. Looking forward to comparing! This is my favorite subscription service even tho it is pricier than Birchbox. (And I loved my BB this month. Lucky Beauty Blender recipient) The sample sizes are usable and usually there is at least one or two full size products. $39.24 (includes tax and shipping) which if you break it down is $13.08 a month. More bang for your buck IMO.

i ordered mine right away on the 19th and it arrived today. i got the WEN in fig which was a scent i wanted to try, and the lipgloss in sparkplug.  no duplicates; nothing missing.  yeay!

I see the last post here is from October.  Well, better late than never! 

I ordered my first QVC New Beauty Test Tube a few days ago and it arrived today.   I have to say I'm very impressed with the array of products and the sizes!  I just flipped through the magazine, but it looks informative and fun!  I'll have to read it when I have more time over the weekend.

I have read mixed reviews on the Wen.  It seems people either love it or hate it.  I had been wanting to try it for a while, and its one of the items that sold me on the Test Tube.  Everthing in the box is new to me except for the Perricone MD eye cream, and I have only tried single or two use samples of this, so I'm looking forward to giving it a longer testing period.  That little tube should last me at least a week.  I've also received a Bare Minerals Moxie gloss in a pretty berry shade in my Ipsy last month, and I love it, so I'm thrilled to have the full size in the Spark Plug shade.  I love that lip gloss!  I use a similar tooth whitening pen by GoSmile, so I'm looking forward to trying out the Smileactives.  I drink a lot of coffee, tea, red wine and I'm a closet smoker (horrible, I know.  I work in health care and should and do know better, but everyone has a vice, right?)  Anyway, I'm glad to try the Smileactives.

I think is a great box, and an excellent value for the money.  I'm excited to try every single product! 

I recieved this QVC Test Tube a couple of weeks ago.  Now that I have had time to use all the products I have to say I am even more impressed than I was when I first recieved it!

The only item I wont use is the Mally eyeliner because black (Onyx) just isnt a good color for me, but I did try it so that I could see what the consistancy is like.  It went on very smoothly.  The next time I need an eyeliner, I might try a Mally in a shade that is better suited to me.  This is my first trying any Mally product, and I think the quality seems good.

I really like all the products that were in the Test Tube, but the one that impresses me the most is the one I considered to be kind of an extra and wasnt all that excited to try.  Its the moisturizing nail oil.  I work in healthcare and wash my hands and use Purell before and after each patient so that means I'm washing my hands at least 30 times a day.  I use a lot of hand cream, and that keeps my hands from getting too dry, but my cuticles tend to get very dry.  I saw a HUGE difference in my cuticles after just one use.  I have been using the nail oil twice a day (morning and night) and the difference is dramatic.  I'm definatley stocking up on this!

This was my first QVC New Beauty Test Tube.  I'm really pleased with everything I recieved.  I'm planning on ordering the regular NBTT right after the holidays, but I have to use up some of my toiletries and beauty products before I can justify buying anything more!

Sample services are soooo addicting!  It started with just a 10.00 a month Birchbox and now...

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know when the next QVC box goes on sale? I want I want!
Thats the reason I signed on to this thread on Makeup Talk today - to see if there is any hints to when there might be a new QVC box! 

Just checked my iPad and the newest issue of New Beauty is out but my subscription has run out and I'm not paying $5 for it when I'm going to get two issues in a few weeks.

Back