Sample Society

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BSUNSHINE but i'm going to call CS because my bbsociety one isn't working and i know others have been able to stack multiple coupons with them..lol but the first coupon took off $20
Sample society codes won't work unless you have a brand from the box in the order.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes I did and I just ordered one!

I used to love these in the 80's. Beauty Boutique, Spencer's, and the Ambassador catalog all had mystery boxes and they were great fun. This won't have 15 or so pieces like the ones from my misspent youth, but it won't be filled with cheap plastic tools mixed in with toiletries either. I'm supposed to get it tomorrow so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some good bonbons!

What? When? Where? I never got this!

Ok nevermind I see the link someone posted. Thanks!

O I did have a brand from the month's box, and it's not working..doesn't want me to stack codes, so I'm just going to call CS and try to sweet talk or plead lol..we shall see what happens. anyways the BSUNSHINE is good for an $80 or more purchase

Originally Posted by mega789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Waaah they are sold out right now of the $30 and I'm trying for the $20 box but the site is so slow it doesn't load :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
call and order if need be. I just got off the phone with CS and after using BSUNSHINE, i wasn't able to stack my monthly code, but the CS lady Marion? was nice and credited it to my account...for of course, a future order!

Oh well I think I changed my mind on getting  the $20 mystery box. I have no codes that will work and I'm afraid of what I'll get for $20 when I'm spending too much on subs as it is. There are too many products I know I want, that I don't want to risk on the unknown.

I'm debating on keeping Sample Society or not. This last box was a flop for me :/

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What if its just leftovers from Sample Society boxes? I would kick myself if I ordered it and that was the case... I dont kno what to do
I don't think it'll be that--the email mentioned Lorac, I think, and to my knowledge no one received that in a sample box. The fine print said something about getting four out of the six listed brands; if they send four samples at $30 per box, that would be lousy marketing and I'd be mighty miffed!

BSUNSHINE but i'm going to call CS because my bbsociety one isn't working and i know others have been able to stack multiple coupons with them..lol but the first coupon took off $20
Ohhhhh I just HATE myself now...of course I have to see this AFTER paying for the order...!

That's too bad; but even if you cancel, you can always try to swap for something if you see that you like it. I was happy because I decided not to make any purchases on BB and start hoarding my points. So my shopping list was switched over to BeautyBar and I was able to purchase everything I was eyeballing, plus try a mystery box. So, I think I'm done with purchases for a minute, and just enjoy what's coming in the mail.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ohhhhh I just HATE myself now...of course I have to see this AFTER paying for the order...!
BSUNSHINE code is $20 off but you have to spend $80.

That's too bad; but even if you cancel, you can always try to swap for something if you see that you like it. I was happy because I decided not to make any purchases on BB and start hoarding my points. So my shopping list was switched over to BeautyBar and I was able to purchase everything I was eyeballing, plus try a mystery box. So, I think I'm done with purchases for a minute, and just enjoy what's coming in the mail.
Yeah I could probably always swap or just rejoin if it starts looking great again! I still have a subscription to a 2nd BB box and was thinking maybe my luck will be better with that second account. So far that account proved better than my main account, but we'll see. Decisions, decisions...

Originally Posted by mega789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BSUNSHINE code is $20 off but you have to spend $80.
I posted that one and it works, that's why i said to contact CS. I wasn't able to stack my BBSOCIETY whatever month coupon and still placed my order from originally $81 down to $67 and change(taxes). Well CS credited my account! No problems, no questions asked. The oh so nice CS person tried to redo/update my order and ended up just crediting me, because it was easier. lol and I'm definitely on a no buy starting right now. I went back and checked and the credit was already up, so i made another purchase...lordy. I'm done and someone hide my cards and bank info from me!

I posted that one and it works, that's why i said to contact CS. I wasn't able to stack my BBSOCIETY whatever month coupon and still placed my order from originally $81 down to $67 and change(taxes). Well CS credited my account! No problems, no questions asked. The oh so nice CS person tried to redo/update my order and ended up just crediting me, because it was easier. lol
Oh yeah I know they CS is great at Beauty Bar! I didn't have a problem with getting that code to work, but I just don't want to spend that much money at this time. 

I was hoping to bring the cost down of the mystery box alone but there isn't any codes for that small of a purchase. Oh well 
redface.gif

They are both sold out. On the email in the fine print it reads that it applies to items sold in the skin and body sun care categories of beauty bar. Does that mean no makeup?  I think people are going to be really pissed if its skincare & spf. Let us know what you get, I'm very curious

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are both sold out. On the email in the fine print it reads that it applies to items sold in the skin and body sun care categories of beauty bar. Does that mean no makeup?  I think people are going to be really pissed if its skincare & spf. Let us know what you get, I'm very curious
I sort of figured it wouldn't be makeup, MAYBE a primer or something, but in general, NOT makeup. Seems like most "mystery boxes" are just a way of clearing inventory, so....I'm totally ok with not getting this :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Boo! They're both sold out. Ah well! 

I agree boo!! But it's not like I need more of this stuff- i am an addict and need a 12-step program for these beauty subs
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by sihaya /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree boo!! But it's not like I need more of this stuff- i am an addict and need a 12-step program for these beauty subs
icon_eek.gif
I got the email too, and I was really tempted. Thankfully, I gained a little perspective and deleted the email. I have way too many samples, and even full-size beauty products. Plus, in the month of May I spend almost $56 on beauty subs. I just don't have that type of expendable income, and I need to accept it 
smile.gif
Cancelled Sample Society for June and I will probably cancel Glossybox after this month if I'm not totally wowed. It's just too expensive.

I got a box and quite a few other things, but I'm done shopping for a while. Need to save more money for necessary purchases, not complete splurges. But of course, I say that now after just having spent alot of $$ and making a dent in my wallet. I do like Sample Society, but may cut it if Glossybox lives up to my expectations. Already about to cut Julep...

Latest posts

Back