Secret Santa 2014! - Main thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ there is a thing when you view your own profile you can see the last 5 people to view it. Someone mentioned, during Summer Swap, that you can turn that off, so whenever one of these comes up I am now turning that off in my "edit profile" section, so I don't accidently ruin the surprise LOL
Thanks for explaining!!

I'm torn on elfster. A lot of the back end work that moderators have to do on it (for like matchings and stuff) can be a PITA (especially when dealing with international vs not international) - I think the wishlist feature is cool, and I really like the anonymous ask feature.

I'm torn on elfster. A lot of the back end work that moderators have to do on it (for like matchings and stuff) can be a PITA (especially when dealing with international vs not international) - I think the wishlist feature is cool, and I really like the anonymous ask feature.
Exactly.

LOVE it as a user.  The wishlist (especially the fact that it links directly to the item to purchase if the Santee has entered the link for the item, and extra-especially because we can see if someone in another exchange has already bought a particular item!) and secret Q&A features are *fantastic*.  Not so wild about all of the clicky boxes or validating information on the admin side!

I mean I can quite obviously only speak from the point of view of a participant, but I think (at least speaking for myself) that strictly from a participant perspective it is awesome. I REALLY like the wishlist feature but I also really like the way we're matched through it and how you can ask your person questions and follow your person anonymously. For me so far I'd say it's truly making the process a whole lot easier.

*IF* we do it again next year via Elfster I think who ever runs it (be it me or someone else) will need to manually invite people to verify accounts first instead of letting anyone join. That way a check list can be put into place first before the invite is sent out such as did they complete the survery, do they meet the requirements for posts/membership length, etc..

Hi everyone! I THINK I have responded to everyone's messages, but I did have a lot of them so if you messaged me & didn't hear back let me know. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Also just a reminder that if your santee's address isn't on Elfster, I have it. You can just message me when you need it!

*IF* we do it again next year via Elfster I think who ever runs it (be it me or someone else) will need to manually invite people to verify accounts first instead of letting anyone join. That way a check list can be put into place first before the invite is sent out such as did they complete the survery, do they meet the requirements for posts/membership length, etc..
"Who the heck is this person?"  There were people on there with no username, so I had *no clue* whether they were a forumite who qualified for the exchange or some random person who had just stumbled upon the link and wasn't even registered on MUT.

OMG! I was so excited  when I saw who I was paired with!  My brain is churning with ideas, and I really want to spoil her rotten. Happy stalking everyone.

(PS) I love Elfster, so happy for the wishlist feature. Thanks to the lovely Moderators who have to deal with the behind-the-scenes work.

I have my Santees list written down and I am ready to shop! I went on a no-buy just so I could spoil her! (Little worried i still won't get her enough, but i still have college and a car payment). I am so excited to shop for her. She likes the same exact stuff as me so it'll be hard to not purchase for myself too! Lol

OMG I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT WHO I HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the very first time I've been paired with someone I'd say I actually know something about even though I'm really a fairly active poster and I feel like it should have happened before now!!!

YAYAY!!!! 
So I guess it's not me again...sniff..sniff.....

Whoever gets you is a lucky gal!!!

I have my Santees list written down and I am ready to shop! I went on a no-buy just so I could spoil her! (Little worried i still won't get her enough, but i still have college and a car payment). I am so excited to shop for her. She likes the same exact stuff as me so it'll be hard to not purchase for myself too! Lol
For Midsummer, I ended up with @, and it was SO HARD to not do a one-for-her-one-for-me deal, so I mostly went with "Oh, I already have this and love this, so I'll get her one, too!"  The end result was the same -- lots of overlapping items for both of us -- but I had already spent the money on stuff for me, so I was just spending money on her!  I might have to do that this time, too, for similar reasons.

If anyone needs a 20% off Sephora coupon to help buy presents for your Secret Santa, family, etc  PM me.  It expires 11/10/14 but I will not be using it and if someone else can use it that would be great!

Code claimed!  

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone needs a 20% off Sephora coupon to help buy presents for your Secret Santa, family, etc  PM me.  It expires 11/10/14 but I will not be using it and if someone else can use it that would be great!

Code claimed!  
So kind of you!!

Latest posts

Back