Secret Santa for NAILS 2014! - Main Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My previous kitties were super curious about candles. Ada singed her whiskers and eyebrows a couple of times, although she and Hunter did learn their lesson and left them alone after a few singefests. I have different and even goofier kitties now, so absolutely no candles for me!

Sent mine yesterday and I am excited for her to get it!!

I've also been having kitty woes... Bingley was hospitalized last weekend and today, I sh!t you not, Darcy, my stupid stupid stupid fluffball SET HIMSELF ON FIRE by jumping on the stove and pretty much ROLLING OVER THE OPEN FLAME. Luckily he doesn't actually appear to have sustained any burns except for to his fur itself, but it was very scary.

He is so stupid though that he seems not to know that anything happened. He literally was at the vet like la di da oh hello! would you like to pet me? I will go chase that spot on the wall now.
Oh god, this is my worst fear. I put tinfoil down on the stove at night when they were kittens so they'd learn to stay off but I still worry about it. Glad your guy is okay!

My youngest cat likes putting his face in drink glasses. Unfortunately one day he tried it with a jar candle and burned the whiskers off half his face. I had to take him to the vet the next to get kitten shots and I was so embarrassed. Thankfully the vet thought it was funny. I don't leave candles where he can get them now just in case he hasn't learned his lesson. Same cat also fell through the floating stairs 3 times. He is very accident prone.

My youngest cat likes putting his face in drink glasses.
My cat LOVES playing with drinking glasses or dipping her paw in and licking it off. She'll hear me get water from the kitchen to drink and yell at me to give her some - even when she has a full bowl of water, like she thinks it better or something lmao. Sometimes I'll catch her drowning her toys in my cups of water too, she's evil.

Elife you should have a present Friday!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Do we need to send tracking to anyone, or just if our elfie wants it?

Elife you should have a present Friday!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Do we need to send tracking to anyone, or just if our elfie wants it?
You can PM me just so I have it.  I'm not gonna hunt people down for tracking numbers or anything, we basically made it mandatory just so people would actually get tracking numbers just to help with the progress and flow or whatever lol.

Hey Santa, I've confirmed with my mom that my package made it home safe and I'll open it and get the reveal out ASAP on Saturday as soon as I get home!!!! (trust me, the wait is killing me too)

Yay, my package arrived yesterday afternoon!  I think it was delivered to a workplace, so I'm guessing it won't be in-hand until later today or tomorrow depending on how efficient the mail people are there (I used to run a shipping/receiving department for a building that had five floors and a few hundred people, and it got *busy* at the holidays, so I know sometimes things can sit for a little while if the mailroom gets overwhelmed and has to prioritize what to get delivered when).

ETA:  My outgoing package, that is.  I don't know about the one coming to me.  If it arrives today, I probably won't get it until tomorrow because I'm headed to my grandmother's funeral as soon as my dad gets here (I am *not* driving through the Cascades in December!), and I'm not sure when I'll be home tonight.  My neighbors are going to keep an eye out for packages for me so things won't sit in the rain if that starts up (I was already alerted to the fact that my regular SeSa package will be arriving today because Santa wanted to make sure it would be safe while I was gone for however long I was going to be gone for Grandma's services, but I'm pretty sure it's a one-day thing since it's only three hours away, and neighbor Tim is a househusband just kind of marking the year or so until he can officially retire after he got fired right before he and Jeffrey got married in August, so he has been put on package lookout duty), and if I don't get home until late, I'll be waiting until a decent hour tomorrow to pick things up.  I'm hoping that I'm back home by 9pm or so just because I am *very* uncomfortable with this side of the family. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, @ and @kawaiimeows.  It was *not* unexpected (*last* year, my dad wasn't sure if she would make it to *that* Christmas), but it still rocked me a bit.  And then how everyone was dressed for the funeral was super weird to me (jeans, t-shirts, flannel, sweatshirts, and even a trucker hat, but not in a hipster way.  In a "we're farmers and loggers, and this is what we grabbed" way) and reinforced the fact that I'm completely separate from pretty much *everyone* else in the family.  I did discover that my hair is now the longest I have had it in my entire life.  I remembered it as being super long when I was a kidlet, but we were looking at pictures from that time, and, nope, not as long as it is now.  And I was just as sassy and feisty then as I am now.  There are quite a few pictures of me as a four-year-old with my fist on my hip, clearly on the verge of giving *someone* a lecture about *something*.

My box was delivered on Friday but I think it may be a bit before a reveal? Maybe?

so while we're waiting for ~more review ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> what are everyone's mani ideas for the holidays?

I always have the same issue where i want to wear something special for my birthday but i also want to do a holiday mani, and there's almost never any justification for me to change it between my birthday and christmas 'cause they're this close.

However I just found this which I think is super cute:

uwDoMKQ.jpg

(credit: http://www.eternalvox.net/loosepowder/2012/06/loki-avengers-manicure/)

It uses BL British Racing Green so it'll give me a chance to play with the polish @@kawaiimeows gave me. I also have Jack the lad so I might use that for a few fingers too.

I love green anyway, so it works. But I just spent like 3 hours picking off glitter so I'm not entirely looking forward to doing that again. And maybe I'll use a silver instead of a gold...

Last edited by a moderator:
so while we're waiting for ~more review ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> what are everyone's mani ideas for the holidays?

I always have the same issue where i want to wear something special for my birthday but i also want to do a holiday mani, and there's almost never any justification for me to change it between my birthday and christmas 'cause they're this close.

However I just found this which I think is super cute:

uwDoMKQ.jpg

(credit: http://www.eternalvox.net/loosepowder/2012/06/loki-avengers-manicure/)

It uses BL British Racing Green so it'll give me a chance to play with the polish @@kawaiimeows gave me. I also have Jack the lad so I might use that for a few fingers too.

I love green anyway, so it works. But I just spent like 3 hours picking off glitter so I'm not entirely looking forward to doing that again. And maybe I'll use a silver instead of a gold...
Maybe try the Elmer's glue as glitter base trick? That way, if it doesn't last, you can do a second celebratory mani. But, either way, it might take the pain out of glitter removal.

Got an absolutely adorable cat card in the mail from @ with whimsical nail stickers inside (including unicorns to match my Unicorn nail polish!) - I can't wait to try these out, they're just my style, thank you so much!!!!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back