Shaving your bikini line...use deodorant?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by islandgirl930 I read somewhere that using deodorant on your bikini line will prevent bumps. Well I just had to try this and wow! I have no bumps and I've never been smoother. Just shave, dry and then apply lightly. I have found that the best deodorant for this is Dove radiant silk.
smiletongue.gif
interesting. i'm a bit wary though b/c deodorant can cause a reaction for some people and i really don't want to have a reaction...especially being so close to down there! but thanks for the post! i'm sure there's another brave soul out there who is willing to try this method!
laughing.gif

I tried it and it help! Thanks!
smile.gif

You can also use olive oil before shaving..it helps! And you feel smooth..hehe

thanks for the heads up!! i'm definitely gonna try this. i think i read it in this month's allure issue.

Originally Posted by islandgirl930 Well I shave everyday but I think it's a good idea to apply it everday, even when you don't shave because sometimes bumps can form from tight fitting clothing. What do you use to shave everyday, that is very often to be passing a blade, so I would think it would definitely irritate your skin. Just wondering because I have to shave my underarms everyday for work and it just really irritates my skin.

I also like this 3 step system from www.Haircaredownthere.com - they have a shaving gel (it doesnt lather so you can see what you are doing-perfect for those of you that like to 'shape' haha) an exfoliating soother spray (it has lidocane so it reduces iitching as well) for after shaving and then a moisturizer. I found that when I use the products every day it significantly reduces my irritation (which is REALLY saying something). The only issue I have is that I dont think it's sold in stores and ordering on the internet is sometimes inconvenient because I don't time my order right and end up with no product for a few days.... I'll use the deodorant tip in between orders!

Hey, i tried to post a picture but it didn't work. Sorry!

Originally Posted by lglala84 What do you use to shave everyday, that is very often to be passing a blade, so I would think it would definitely irritate your skin. Just wondering because I have to shave my underarms everyday for work and it just really irritates my skin. It is often so I have to be very careful not to irritate my skin. I just soften my skin with warm water and then massage with soap. Then I shave with Neutrogena Triple Moisture conditioner. First I go in the same direction as the hair growth, then I go agains the grain. Remember to lay the conditioner on thick and make sure you have a very sharp razor. I use mens razors, they just work better IMO.

Originally Posted by incubo I tried it and it help! Thanks!
smile.gif
You can also use olive oil before shaving..it helps! And you feel smooth..hehe

Thanks! I'm going to try that.

I've never tried deodorant, but use baby powder for my armpits and it works great! I'm going to try the deodorant though, thanks.

Back