Shooting pains up and down my left arm/chest

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Saja, just a clarification: There are cartilages that attach your ribs to your sternum (the breast bone in the middle of your chest) and also other cartilages that are in between ribs. When we say costochondritis, we are talking about inflammation of those cartilages, so it doesn't really relate to your chest muscles. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Off topic: Are you from PEI? My fiancee is from Charlottetown. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah i know, i was just trying to simplify it.....i dont speak "doctor" very well.....

And yeah Im from Charlottetown.....PM me your fiances name....i prolly know someone who knows him hahahhah

thanks so much for your replies, everyone!

yep, the night before i left!

a stroke?! hmm...

i don't know if i'm in a high risk category for a heart attack. i'm 19. no heart disease in my family. i'm overweight. i don't smoke. i don't know if my cholesterol's high. i don't exercise (besides walking all the time). i have a stressful lifestyle, especially lately.

thanks so much!

Don't worry Jen. AT the age of 19, you would never be at a high risk group for heart attack unless you had one of the genetic hyperlipidemia syndromes or other genetic disorders like hyperhomocysteinemia; lipoprotein(a), etc. I just recommend getting it checked out if it happens again ok?

At 19 you are probably in a very low risk catagory (for now). This could be r/t the stress in your life. Our body's are very smart. If the stress is too much, your body will start giving you little warning signs. If you keep ignoring these signs, they can get more intense until you can't ignore them any longer. If you can't get rid of the stress, look for ways to decrease it-even if you have to get up and walk away from it for a few minutes. Learn how to do quick 5-10 minute relaxation technique. Keep lavendar essential oil with you to smell (very soothing, relaxing scent).

It could also be costal chronditis (sort of an inflammation of the cartilage that attaches to your breast bone). It can cause chest pain, shortness of breath ect. Ibuprofen should take care of that (if you can take it). Think back if you were doing any heavy lifting, moving furniture, carrying anything heavy on the left side. This could cause inflammation thus causing chest pain. If this is the problem-watch the lifting and furniture moving or take some Ibuprofen before doing any heavy lifting, pushing, pulling. No matter what is causing the pain, don't ignore it. Pay attention and try to identify the trigger. Once you do that, the solution will be easire to work on. :7dh:

Back