Should you change your shampoo often?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I thought I was the only girl who had a couple different types of shampoos in the shower. I'm sure my boyfriend thinks I'm insane, but I like changing it up a bit...and I feel like after a while I need to change it up a bit.

I do switch my hair care products esp shampoo and conditioner often as I'm just not used to stick w/ one single brand. That's me. LOL.

I tried to stay w/one brand, but, my hair doesn't like it - so I HAVE to switch around, - my shower has been overtaken my poo/cond. lol

Even for shampoos that my scalp seems to like, I get buildup and stringy, greasy, flat hair after a few uses so I have to rotate my shampoos pretty often.

My mom always buys something different and we have about 4 different brands in the shower.

I personally love Suave or Tressume stuff and don't care for other stuff she buys but still use it because she never buys Suave and only Tresseme on occasion.

I need to change mine now i think, i dont feel like its working for my hair anymore.

Another good clarifier is apple cider vinegar diluted with distilled water.

I have too many shampoos in my shower, mainly because I get tired of one scent and move on to another- before the first set is done. The I end up with a mis-mash and too many colorful bottles...
vogel.gif

i use a baby shampoo & suave. i need to change around, my hair doesnt seem to like any drugstore brands. maybe ill try tresemme? i heard that was reallll good.

I would say yes, just because those ingredients buildup in your hair over time. Also because your hair stops responding to the same treatment.

I change up my shampo/conditioner every time I wash. I have about 5 or 6 different shampoos and a ton of conditioners. I use whatever I feel my hair is needing at the moment. I have some high end brands and some low end brands! I love variety
smile.gif

i think its just a myth.

"..Sodium Lauryl Sulfate ( SLS)> must be avoided .

Watch out for this ingredient in your shampoos..

This chemical is one of the causes of the new hair loss cases in women. I will continue to speak out on it, because it needs SHAMPOO MYTHS Blown open

~ SHOULD I CHANGE MY SHAMPOO EVERY FEW MONTHS?

Why? There is no truth to the rumour that hair becomes immune to hair products...different products have different ingredients, if the dreaded Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) is in one and not in another...then of course the 2 shampoos are going to have different reactions.That's all it is....No immunity factor..."

Killer Strands--check out this site it helps...

i hope this helpeD!

If you're looking for a shampoo to remove buildup, I would try Herbal Essences Drama Clean. I have a friend who uses it, and she is absolutely obsessed!

I rarely change mine!! Unless my wife buys a different brand or something..

Back