Silk Naturals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, so daylight is super important. I don't know if it's them or it's me, but their olive has an awful lot of pink in it. There's nothing I can do to not make it give me a porcelain pink cast. I'm baffled as to why the olive mix would have any pink / red in it at all. Or maybe my own skin is sallower than I thought. Adding Buttery Gold doesn't help, either. I tried Buttery Gold on its own mixed with white and while it's better and not pink, it's still not right. Sigh. =(

I think I may be leaning back towards Meow. The Ocicat was probably the best match, even if I wasn't wild about the coverage.

Alright, so daylight is super important. I don't know if it's them or it's me, but their olive has an awful lot of pink in it. There's nothing I can do to not make it give me a porcelain pink cast. I'm baffled as to why the olive mix would have any pink / red in it at all. Or maybe my own skin is sallower than I thought. Adding Buttery Gold doesn't help, either. I tried Buttery Gold on its own mixed with white and while it's better and not pink, it's still not right. Sigh. =(

I think I may be leaning back towards Meow. The Ocicat was probably the best match, even if I wasn't wild about the coverage.
Sigh, indeed. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That's really frustrating. If Olive is too pink for you, maybe you need the green corrector? It's something I would check out if ever you decide to re-try in an effort to find that ideal match. Also, in that case, I would write back to the forum/Karen and ask for advice. I imagine they/she has heard of similar concerns. Right off the bat, your comment on 'porcelain' suggests to me that the mix is too light. I know I was guilty of wearing a foundation that was to light on me for a while; I was familiar with that 'porcelain' effect. If you're simply referring to the pink doll effect, I understand, though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (I'm a bit curious also about the Warm Gold colour for you, though it does sound more like you do need the green corrector 'refill' bag from your description. My match also was 'not right' until I found the ideal mix, but it did turn out I needed a bit of the green and a bit of the gold to mix with ebony; yours could possibly be more of a compound colour too.)

It was good to read your play-by-play of the experience; I imagine it will guide anyone who helps you improve the match. But -- even if you're leaning to Ocicat, do hold on to the mixes you created. They can come in handy for making other things match, or in case you do try the green corrector in the future.

With Ocicat (which do you use, btw?), can you actually layer it a bit more to get better coverage? Using a primer or a finishing powder might help. Otherwise applying a corrector/concealer in the areas that are most in need of coverage can reduce the need for overall coverage enough that you can be happy with a foundation that otherwise would be too lightweight. If that works, it would be great! I'm always impressed with the really natural, but perfected look that some women can achieve beautifully. I hope you find a good combination!

I'm always interested in hearing what people have to say about different powder foundations when they're had a chance to try several of them. Had Alima not caused you to break out I would have suggested mixing the Olive 0 and Olive 1 to get your match. I had a more complicated idea too: if Meow has a good colour match but not enough coverage, might getting a shade that is a lot darker than you need but in the right 'shade category' and mixing it with the Silk Naturals Medium Coverage Ivory to get to the right depth of colour work? I hope you find a really good solution!!

Sigh, indeed. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That's really frustrating. If Olive is too pink for you, maybe you need the green corrector? It's something I would check out if ever you decide to re-try in an effort to find that ideal match. Also, in that case, I would write back to the forum/Karen and ask for advice. I imagine they/she has heard of similar concerns. Right off the bat, your comment on 'porcelain' suggests to me that the mix is too light. I know I was guilty of wearing a foundation that was to light on me for a while; I was familiar with that 'porcelain' effect. If you're simply referring to the pink doll effect, I understand, though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (I'm a bit curious also about the Warm Gold colour for you, though it does sound more like you do need the green corrector 'refill' bag from your description. My match also was 'not right' until I found the ideal mix, but it did turn out I needed a bit of the green and a bit of the gold to mix with ebony; yours could possibly be more of a compound colour too.)

It was good to read your play-by-play of the experience; I imagine it will guide anyone who helps you improve the match. But -- even if you're leaning to Ocicat, do hold on to the mixes you created. They can come in handy for making other things match, or in case you do try the green corrector in the future.

With Ocicat (which do you use, btw?), can you actually layer it a bit more to get better coverage? Using a primer or a finishing powder might help. Otherwise applying a corrector/concealer in the areas that are most in need of coverage can reduce the need for overall coverage enough that you can be happy with a foundation that otherwise would be too lightweight. If that works, it would be great! I'm always impressed with the really natural, but perfected look that some women can achieve beautifully. I hope you find a good combination!

I'm always interested in hearing what people have to say about different powder foundations when they're had a chance to try several of them. Had Alima not caused you to break out I would have suggested mixing the Olive 0 and Olive 1 to get your match. I had a more complicated idea too: if Meow has a good colour match but not enough coverage, might getting a shade that is a lot darker than you need but in the right 'shade category' and mixing it with the Silk Naturals Medium Coverage Ivory to get to the right depth of colour work? I hope you find a really good solution!!
I did try with a lot less white, but it was still coming out pinkish. I think if I go further with them in the future it would be the buttery gold with a green corrector in there. It such a shame, because the formulations do really feel very nice.

As I think back I'm not entirely sure if it was the Alima that broke me out a bit or if it was a combination of trying out powder products at a time that winter dryness was playing havoc on my skin. I've been tweaking my skincare routine to try to get my moisture levels back in order. I actually did mix the Olive 0 and Olive 1 at one point, and it seemed ok colorwise.

My match in Ocicat is Frisky and it is an incredibly natural match. I've gone ahead and ordered a munchkin size along with finishing powder. I think the sample baggies tend to make me more hesitant on really using up product and layering, so I think I will get a better idea this time. And yea, I think there will be days that I use a color corrector on the reddish areas. Plus I think I may need to dig out what I was using as a silicone based primer. I had switched to a mattefying primer when I was using liquids in the summer and had been testing the powders without any primer, so that might also help. I totally get you on the wonder of flawless looks!

Great suggestion on mixing the medium with the next darker color. I do actually have a sample of that coming along to have on hand for when it's warmer and I may supposedly be darker. 

Back