Skincare tips for Oily skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MakeupofDesire /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use Clinique's 3 step system and the 2nd step is an exfoliating toner, which has alcohol in it, and my skin has been wonderful ever since I found it 10+ yrs ago.  So I know most don't want alcohol on their face, but I sure like it.  But my HG exfoliater is my Clarisonic!  It's spendy, but worth every penny!  I have the 2 speed one, not the Mia, but I'm sure the Mia works just as well.  Mine came with a sample of their own facial cleansers, but still use my Clinique with it.  I haven't had an imperfection since I started using my Clarisonic.  I use it about every other day.  It keeps my face fresh and clean.

What is the best makeup setting spray from UD for combo/oily skin?

That would be the De-Slick Setting spray

Since I have oily skin I thought I had to avoid anything with oil altogether which is not true. I wash my face with glycerin soaps ( Dial ) and they help moisturize by attracting water. In addition I add a drop of oil to my moisturizer. It's kind of weird but I add oil to myself. I usually add almond oil during the day, and tea tree since it has a strong smell at night. Not all the time but when I wear makeup I will use Phillips Milk of Magnesia (Original) underneath. It does leave a white face but if it's under your makeup you can't see it. Using a good primer will help combat oil. I try to keep myself hydrated throughout the day with water, or water dense foods such as honey dew and cantaloupe. My face still has shine but it's a lot better than before where it was drenched. I like to be able and I'm a heavy sweater naturally so it's something I have to work with. Throughout the day you can touch up your face with oil blotting sheets. Hope this helps.

I agree, keeping your skin hydrated helps a lot. I think to understand why using oils can be beneficial is to understand like will fight like. Drying too much the skin only leads to more "oil" production.

Also, back when my entire head was an oil factory, i used green clay masks. They act as a sponge that takes off the dirt, cleans the pores and the excess sebum. They have helped me a lot.

You can use Acne Control Cleanse its very gentle, not drying antioxidant rich cleanser that works deep down to remove excess oil and problem causing bacteria.

Back