(Spoilers) April Ipsy bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the ELF setting spray...I don't know if it works or not.  I sometimes just can't bring myself to spray something cold on my face lol.
brrrr.gif

Originally Posted by devgess /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love ipsy. I never really get too upset when I find something that isn't perfect for me, since I usually stash it away until I can use it. That being said, I wish ipsy would take some more risks in the products. I joined ipsy to try out new brands and products, even if I wouldn't use them. I think ipsy is in a bind---everyone wants make-up products (at least, that's what the Facebook mob always complains about) that they will use, are a decent size, etc. I can see why they sometimes use "safe" products that are kinda boring. 

That being said, here's what I would LOVE to see!

First off, I don't really care about the bags. They are cute and fun and all, but I'd rather ipsy save the money and get a semi-decent bag, and use the savings to get better/more products. 

• dry shampoo (they could do a small bottle like the bigsexyhair hairspray we got)
  • bath bomb or something similar (love your guys' idea of a lush product!)
  • butter nail polish. or essie. I adore these brands.
  • cuticle cream, like Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
  • Urban Decay eyeshadow or palettes 
  • A really pretty bronzer, now that it's kind of spring time
  • NARS lip products. I would just die if we got something like that. 
  • Finishing powder or setting spray. I always wanted to try some, but not sure if it's worth spending the money on
  • Eyelash serum. Seems to be a new "trend" that I would like to try
  • Lip Plumper. Something different besides the usual, standard gloss we get.
  • Any type of scrub. Lip scrub, body scrub, doesn't matter.
  • A really cool self-tanner lotion or spray. This would be so tricky, but if they could find one from a high end brand as a sample, I'd be in heaven. I hate tanning beds, but never have it in my to splurge on a really nice, high quality self-tanner. A sample spray bottle of something very nice would be interesting. Again, really hard to pull off.
  • A super blender brush. I can't think of any sub brand that's given one of these out.
  • Benefit's Liquid Benetint. YES.
  • Tarte cheek stain
  • Something like NYX's Shine Killer, or the like. Again, would be hard, as those with dry skin wouldn't get much use.
  • I really wouldn't mind something non-cosmetic. Like, a nice candle. Or a bath pillow. They could do an awesome pampering bag, with a bath bomb, some nice lotion, a face mask, and a yummy smelling candle. Wouldn't go over too well, but it would be something very unexpected and I wouldn't complain. I could see a lot of people unhappy with this, however.
  • Bliss's Fat Girl Six Pack. Very different and out there, but I kind of want to try it out!
  • On-the-go teeth whitener pen or gel. 
  • Anything Philosophy
  • A really nice cracked heel/foot lotion. It's almost sandal season!
  • Organix hair products are always awesome. 
  • High end hair mask, something from Fekkai or the like.
  • It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Cream (totally thinking of myself here...I suffer from rosacea). They do have a whole line of Bye Bye products, with things for fine lines, blackheads, dark circles, etc. If only we could pick our treatment somehow!
  • The new Gilette and Olay Sugarberry Razor. Eyeing it up, but so expensive!!

I could go on and on. 

The challenge is finding things that people will like and use. And everyone has different likes and dislikes. I'm sure it's tough finding a product that is universally flattering. I wish ipsy would let us pick our top 2-3 colors on certain items (like the eyeshadows or lip glosses), that way they can ensure happy customers. 

All in all, I wish we had some more off-the-wall items! I want to try new things out!
Great suggestions!!!  I especially like your suggestion about letting us pick our favorite colors of certain products (especially if "sheer ____" would be an option).  They could always send out the products that are supposed to react to your pH (my current favorite is Tarte's Skintuitive lip color).

I got Benetint in one of the Benefit kits I ordered and fell in love with it.  I also got Posietint.  I both on my lips and cheeks every day.  They were totally worth the money.

I received a sample of the Lashem serum in my December Birchbox and have used it twice daily since I received it.  I'm so glad I ordered 2 tubes of it in December - I'm already on my 2nd!  It's done wonders for my eyelashes.  I have an auto-immune disease that makes my hair kinda funky.  My eyelashes weren't as long and full as I would like them to be and, now, they're darker, longer, and much more voluminous.  I highly recommend Lashem serum.  It's $70 per tube, but totally worth it (to me, at least).

I'd love a scrub too, especially a lip scrub.  I have a few (and I always have my toothbrush), but I wouldn't mind adding to my collection.

I don't have many brushes and would LOVE just about any brush, especially a blender brush, a lip brush (I've been meaning to buy one for weeks), an angled blush brush, eyeshadow brushes...  

I love Philosophy.  I would really, really, really like to get some more Philosophy body washes from a sub.

I know it's probably out of the potential price range, but I love the Glo whitening pens.  I keep one in my backpack (I use it after my morning coffee).  I always have some sort of whitening pen in all of my bags.

I don't know about the dry shampoo.  It seems like everyone is sending that out lately.  I wouldn't be particularly opposed to it, but I wouldn't be looking forward to it too much either.

I'd like to get some NARS or Urban Decay products.  I wouldn't mind giving Tarte's cheek stains another shot either - I have 2 (one full-size and one mini) and didn't particularly care for either of them.  I'd really like to try it in Flush or Awakening.

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As much as I would love to test out a new concealer, I think it'd be really tricky for them to send out colors that will work unless they send a range of colors to everyone. And if they do that, I can't imagine the samples being that big.
Well when you sign up they ask you for your skin tone

True, but there are still so many ranges in each skin tone. For instance, you can have a medium skin tone, but maybe one person has yellow undertones, while another person has pink, etc. Some people might get lucky and find a match, but it'd be a big bust for everyone else. Kinda like the concealer they sent in the January bag last year; it didn't suit everyone. Anyway, it's just my personal preference. For things like concealer and foundation, it's easier for me to test them in person to ensure I get a good match. Getting the right color in one of these bags (or any subscription company) would be a crapshoot, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True, but there are still so many ranges in each skin tone. For instance, you can have a medium skin tone, but maybe one person has yellow undertones, while another person has pink, etc. Some people might get lucky and find a match, but it'd be a big bust for everyone else. Kinda like the concealer they sent in the January bag last year; it didn't suit everyone. Anyway, it's just my personal preference. For things like concealer and foundation, it's easier for me to test them in person to ensure I get a good match. Getting the right color in one of these bags (or any subscription company) would be a crapshoot, in my opinion.
I agree. I need to try it out in a store or get a little bitty sample card with multiple shades on it to see how it works. I have such a strange skin tone that I know I'd probably be dissappointed if I got something like that because most likely it wouldn't match my skin.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seem to vaguely recall someone -- Zadidoll, maybe? -- saying that they're changing how they do spoilers because we get the bags all figured out within minutes of spoilers being posted. I would not be surprised to find out that they have decided to try *no* spoilers one of these months.
Yeah this! I remember Zadi saying they were going to me more secretive.

Here is my wishlist:

- lip product (a tinted balm or stain or lip butter would be great)

- blush

- pastel eye shadow (purples, greens or blues, pink is a bit hard for some of us to pull off)

- travel brushes

- Tarte (interested in trying them)

- Urban Decay

- maybe a mineral veil or something like that, I think they generally come in fairly universal shades

I also love the ideas others mentioned like a bath bomb, cuticle cream, etc. Personally I do not use tanners or bronzers since I am super pale and like myself that way (nothing wrong with those who like being tan, just not for me). I have used bronzer powder as eyeshadow or contour before though so I could still get some use from it. I like nail polish since I do not have a ton of colors, or maybe a nail dotting tool?

I have gotten the first three bags for this year and I loved the first two, though Feb was my favorite. Like a lot of others I did feel the March bag was a bit "light" and I also did not like the bag itself (just not in nautical), but I still felt like I got $10 worth of stuff at least. Regardless of the specific products I do hope we see more make-up this time around.

I would definitely like to see a bigger variety on types of products and colors. I loved February's bag because it introduced me to gel liner and January's to body oils (always to scared to try them), so I'd like to see more things like that as opposed to more of the standard eyeshadow, black pencil eyeliner, and black mascara that we tend to get a lot. Also I'd like to see more colors. I love the idea of colorful eyeliner and mascara, but am also kind of terrified to use it, so I really don't want to go spend a bunch of money on something I loathe. I will also join the crowd in wanting to see some cheek products. I had never, ever worn blush before I got the Hot Mama in my bb a couple of months ago (super pale with bright pink cheeks of doom, didn't understand why I'd want to add more color to my cheeks), and I ended up loving it, but now I'm ready to try new colors and brands and types, so it would be really awesome to get to try a few samples. 

I don't know, I love Ipsy so much, and I really don't see myself unsubscribing anytime soon, but I'm still really new to the whole cosmetics thing and would really love to see what is available outside the black mascara, black eyeliner, and red lip gloss bubble.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seem to vaguely recall someone -- Zadidoll, maybe? -- saying that they're changing how they do spoilers because we get the bags all figured out within minutes of spoilers being posted. I would not be surprised to find out that they have decided to try *no* spoilers one of these months.
Yeah this! I remember Zadi saying they were going to me more secretive.

They're going to make it harder for us because it was too easy to guess which ruined so many people wanting to be surprised. We'll see how April's spoilers go since they're aware that people were able to figure out their new formatting to find the images. Me, I have yet to figure out how to find things on the new site - the old one was easy but the new one is much harder.

They're going to make it harder for us because it was too easy to guess which ruined so many people wanting to be surprised. We'll see how April's spoilers go since they're aware that people were able to figure out their new formatting to find the images. Me, I have yet to figure out how to find things on the new site - the old one was easy but the new one is much harder.
This is funny to me, if people wanted to be surprised why would they look at spoilers?!

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is funny to me, if people wanted to be surprised why would they look at spoilers?!
Yep, their problem, not mine! =P

Originally Posted by Amanda Stan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know right!! I enjoy having some idea what I'm paying for
It gives me something to look forward to.  I don't usually care for the contents, but I love getting a new cosmetic bag every month.  The bags are the reason I subscribe.  I was REALLY excited when we found out what the bag would look like.

I know right!! I enjoy having some idea what I'm paying for  
OTOH... When you have a magazine subscription, you don't know what specifically will be in the next issue. I think they're trying to position themselves more like that than as a set of items you know you are getting ahead of time. I also think they might be trying to cut down in all of the sub-unsub-sub-based-on-bag-contents activity going on.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they will do spoilers, but they will probably wait until after the 1st of the month and try to make the pictures harder to read/guess... at least that's what I hope they do :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would love to see a beige/off-white waterproof pencil brightener for the inner rims of the eyes... it's literally the only piece of makeup that I don't own and I would definitely use it after late nights or when my allergies start to kick up!

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love to see a beige/off-white waterproof pencil brightener for the inner rims of the eyes... it's literally the only piece of makeup that I don't own and I would definitely use it after late nights or when my allergies start to kick up!
Oh, yes, me too ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have a white one but really it is too bright even with my pale skin, so a nice nude or beige, etc one would be awesome

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried Benefit's Eye Bright?  It looks way more natural than a white eyeliner.  It lasts all day too - at least for me.  I wouldn't be opposed to trying the Tarte EmphasEyes one though.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried Benefit's Eye Bright?  It looks way more natural than a white eyeliner.  It lasts all day too - at least for me.  I wouldn't be opposed to trying the Tarte EmphasEyes one though.
No I haven't, but I would love to try both of these (or anything similar for that matter)... I have only tried white eyeliners, but like you and Dekilah said they look way too bright and unnatural. I guess I should take a trip to Sephora (after I get my next paycheck) and try several of these to see which one would work best for me!
wink.gif
If you girls have any other suggestions, I'm all ears!!

Latest posts

Back