*Spoilers FabFitFun Winter 2013 box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried the Bioxidea Miracle 24 face mask and it is so WEIRD! I looked terrifying, but I love the way it left my skin looking and feeling.

At first I was little upset with the box cause most of this stuff I wouldn't get/already have, but really it's a great value. I'll definitely use and enjoy the eye cream and the necklace which those two alone are more than worth the price of the box so I'm happy! Plus I'll use the facewash, mask, and lipgloss even though I already have these (different brands though). Only two things I don't think I'll use are the pink rubber bracelet (I might give it to my five year old niece) and the eyeshadow (but I'll try, who knows I might love it).

Still my favorite sub box! The variety, quality, and value of FabFitFun is hands down better than everything else out there (in my opinion at least).

@IgnaTampa lol exactly! I looked at the directions on the back of the packet and was like 'that's gonna make me look like I came straight out of a horror movie' lol, but it's good to know that it works well.

I'm excited that I got pink earbuds, because my fiance usually steals all my earbuds and leaves it in his pocket, then accidentally washes it with his clothes (and this breaks them, of course). But he won't take these pink ones. I just hope they stay in my ears (my ears are so tiny, it's usually almost impossible to make them stay in my ears).

Ooooh... When I redeemed my MeUndies gift card, a message popped up saying that if I shared my purchase on FB or Twitter that they'd add a free gift to my purchase :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I shared on Twitter, so I wonder if/what they'll send with the panties. Anyone else get this message when they redeemed theirs?

I got my box on Tuesday and have been wanting to post here every since, just haven't been able to.  

I really haven't paid too much attention to the items in the box except the necklace.  I opened the box with time to spare before I was walking out door for surgery for skin cancer stage 2.  I was laid off last month and seriously have no money and tried to cancel subs but clearly forgot this one.  I did see the necklace spoiler but did not know the concept of the necklace and just thought it was a key on a necklace.  I got my box and I thought for a flash moment to not open and save for Christmas because it will be pretty bleak.  Then I ripped into the box.  I really wanted to see what I got for the necklace.  

It is silver Courage.  It really couldn't be more perfect for me, except strength.  I LOVE this necklace.  Love the concept and everything.  I put the necklace on and haven't taken it off once. I would if I could shower, but since can't shower until Saturday, eh...I am wearing it and wearing it proudly!

This last month has been full of struggle and challenges coming from every direction.  Courage and strength is what is getting me through!  I will probably be wearing this necklace for a bit and will always have so much meaning to me but I can't wait to pass it on to someone that really needs it more than I do in the future.  

For me, this necklace means so much to me!!  It arrived at the perfect time and I am so glad this sub slipped through the cracks of cancellation. 

As for the other items, the lip gloss is a nude and would prefer a pinky.  The earbuds, I seriously have idea what color.  haha.  Too much going on.  I had the second stage of the surgery, late yesterday and I have been up all night in pain.  

If anybody would like to pay it forward with their necklace, I have a friend that loved mine when I posted it on FB.  She thought it for her mother that is in hospital ill.  I asked her if she would like me to look at the local store to me what they have.  She sent me a message today and said, hold off mom not doing well. They finally confrimed bone cancer today and it is not looking good.  More later.    I wish I could give her mine, but I do need mine right now for what I have.  But if any of you would like to pay it forward, my friend could really use this to get through her mom dying of bone cancer.  I would go buy one and send to her but well, with just getting laid off and no income, and mounting medical bills, I can't even afford groceries.  Thanks for considering her.  

My headset is orange and yellow.  Not colors I am into. 

eyeshadow was in the browns/nudes.  I think I am set on nudes.  haha

Sooo maybe it's a a BBP (big boobed problem :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) but the necklace falls so awkwardly on me! I am going to have to see if I can get the chain shortened a bit. I love it to bits, but the key literally falls in to the depths of my cleavage haha (TMI??)

Sooo maybe it's a a BBP (big boobed problem :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) but the necklace falls so awkwardly on me! I am going to have to see if I can get the chain shortened a bit. I love it to bits, but the key literally falls in to the depths of my cleavage haha (TMI??)
I thought the same exact thing about the necklace on me too!! It's super cute and I definitely want to be able to wear it, it's just an odd length for me.

So I bought 2 boxes hoping for 2 different necklaces, and I ended up receiving 2 antique gold "inspire" keys. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If anyone wants to trade any key for my inspire one, please message me!

Quote: Originally Posted by Verissmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I bought 2 boxes hoping for 2 different necklaces, and I ended up receiving 2 antique gold "inspire" keys.
frown.gif
If anyone wants to trade any key for my inspire one, please message me!
Ugh, how frustrating! Have you called FFF and see if they can do anything about it??

If not, check this thread - https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/139840/fabfitfun-winter-2013-swaps 

While I'm set on both nudes for lip color i did get the gloss in Dlight. Its a gorgeous bright pink. If you'd like to do a trade I'd be game. Take a look at my list, which I will likely revise tomorrow since some is traded other is pending, but maybe we can work out a multiple trade to make it worth your while. Pm me regardless, I had pituitary cancer about 8 yrs ago, and am still struggling with residuals so can relate to what you are going thru to some extent. Would like to make your xmas better, and will watch for a message from you.....!!

Quote: Originally Posted by GlamBabe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

While I'm set on both nudes for lip color i did get the gloss in Dlight. Its a gorgeous bright pink. If you'd like to do a trade I'd be game. Take a look at my list, which I will likely revise tomorrow since some is traded other is pending, but maybe we can work out a multiple trade to make it worth your while. Pm me regardless, I had pituitary cancer about 8 yrs ago, and am still struggling with residuals so can relate to what you are going thru to some extent. Would like to make your xmas better, and will watch for a message from you.....!!
  Is this in reference to my post?  

I love my variations! I got the headphones in pink/purple, the gold (more bronze) key in Inspire, and the eye shadow in Tryst by the Trevi, it's so pretty, I love it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine does the same thing! But with my chain I can easily hook it on one of the actual loops of the chain and put it at any length I want, can you do that with yours??

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by amdoerr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mine does the same thing! But with my chain I can easily hook it on one of the actual loops of the chain and put it at any length I want, can you do that with yours??
I have big boobs and when I read these I thought i haven't had this problem and I have worn my necklace without taking it off since I got mine Tuesday.  Figured out why today...I have mostly been in pjs and and the times I did go out, it was just to the surgeon's office and where the cancer spot is on the back, wearing a bra is really difficult.  HAHA.  I'm sure once I can wear a bra properly, It will fall funny.  It just may.  I've shed a lot of weight (just over 40) since June so everything fits and lays different. I just found it funny I didn't have this issue and then realizing why.  

@sarahinnola What neighborhood are you in? I'm in Lincoln Park. We have a running joke about my lack of fear so that's what the necklace would be for :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> For rappelling I do a charity event put on by the Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago. They do an event called Plunge The Wit where you rappel down a highrise in the Loop for charity. I did it in 09, 13 and will be doing it again in the future. For skydiving I go out to Chicagoland Skydiving Center. And hopefully over XMas I'll be harnessed and walking on the edge of the CN Tower in Toronto, if the weather holds. http://www.edgewalkcntower.ca/ (pic below is from the 2013 Plunge)
I live in the West Loop. I've been looking for indoor climbing gyms and a new sky diving center. I'll have to check out the rappelling events. I did that in Nola for Saints charity events a few times, and it was a blast. You should check out Hero cameras too- they're awesome. You strap it right to your harness and it records everything.

Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoBlonde /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@sarahinnola What neighborhood are you in? I'm in Lincoln Park.

We have a running joke about my lack of fear so that's what the necklace would be for
smile.gif

For rappelling I do a charity event put on by the Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago. They do an event called Plunge The Wit where you rappel down a highrise in the Loop for charity. I did it in 09, 13 and will be doing it again in the future. For skydiving I go out to Chicagoland Skydiving Center. And hopefully over XMas I'll be harnessed and walking on the edge of the CN Tower in Toronto, if the weather holds.

http://www.edgewalkcntower.ca/

(pic below is from the 2013 Plunge)

Wow, that's awesome! I have a friend who did something similar in Dallas, but didn't realize that there was an event in Chicago.  Btw - if you're interested, we're looking at a MUT Chicagoland meetup the week of the 30th, and there's a thread w/ details:)

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yay...got my box today! My variations:

Earbuds-blue/purple (yay)

Key - Silver Strength (perfect...this is for my daughter for Christmas and is a perfect word for her)

Nyx - Love in Florence (pretty)

Lip Gloss - Go Nude (not a fan)

All in all, I like the box...the lip gloss is the only thing I didn't care for.
I haven't gotten even a shipping notice yet, so kind of concerned :/ I hope when I get it that I get the purple shadow and buds though - pretty!

Latest posts

Back