Square Hue - July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, but not this recent special.  It goes back up to $21 next month.
Yep...but the person you originally quoted in this instance (meaganola) *is* paying the lifetime price of $14.99. I think that's all that was trying to be cleared up here. 

If I had gotten in on that price, I might have stayed too, but it just didn't excite me for $21....neither did Julep. Who knows though, Bondi might not excite me for $20 either! I'm pretty hard to impress when it comes to polish since I have sooo many lol.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wacky. I just went by the Chanel counter, and the olive and gold are practically dupes for two of the Chanel fall nail colors.
Interesting. I need to compare the gold to Zoya's Ziv - it looks like it could be a close match in the bottle.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting. I need to compare the gold to Zoya's Ziv - it looks like it could be a close match in the bottle.
From swatches that I've seen of both Ziv looks to be more golder and the Square Hue one is more of a lighter yellowish gold color.

i am also sub'd to square hue for the $14.99 p/monthly and i will keep it for now.

they have top notch customer service and the polishes are great staple colors and the consistency is superb.

i wish i was sub'd with them in december. i am still on the hunt for those colors!! hope you guys love them as much as i do 
wink.gif

I misunderstood.  I didn't know some people got on a permanent $14 sub.  I'm sad now lol but at 7 bucks a pop, I don't think SH is a bad deal at all.

I have somewhere north of 350 polishes but I still get very excited about new polishes even if the colours are similar to those I already have.  I have two  daughters, a niece, a sister-in-law and a sister who are all over getting dupes I don't use (formula, brush, whatever makes me not want to keep them) so it all works out.  I have managed to retain the excitement of a nail polish noob lol.  I think that's more of a hoarder mentality but my niece says she thinks I should just say I'm passionate about polish...sounds so much better than obsessed :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll keep SH @ the $21 rate and I'm going for the Bondi sub too.  You really can't beat good polishes at $7-ish per bottle.  Also, nail polish swaps make me happier than a kid at xmas!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep...but the person you originally quoted in this instance (meaganola) *is* paying the lifetime price of $14.99. I think that's all that was trying to be cleared up here. 

If I had gotten in on that price, I might have stayed too, but it just didn't excite me for $21....neither did Julep. Who knows though, Bondi might not excite me for $20 either! I'm pretty hard to impress when it comes to polish since I have sooo many lol.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From swatches that I've seen of both Ziv looks to be more golder and the Square Hue one is more of a lighter yellowish gold color.
Yes, you're right.  Ziv is a heavier foil (slightly bigger foil flakes) and a darker gold.  Honor, from the SqH July box, is a very fine foil and a lighter color.

Originally Posted by jac a /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i am also sub'd to square hue for the $14.99 p/monthly and i will keep it for now.

they have top notch customer service and the polishes are great staple colors and the consistency is superb.

i wish i was sub'd with them in december. i am still on the hunt for those colors!! hope you guys love them as much as i do 
wink.gif
Me too! I'm kicking myself for waiting til I saw swatches/reviews initially because I'm such a sucker for purples and dark reds.

Even if it's a meh month, there's been at least one color each month that I've liked enough to justify the monthly subscription price.

It's one of the nastiest-smelling polishes I've dealt with, and the application leaves a lot to be desired (not sure whether it's the formula or user error), and my cuticles are trashed (this weekend involved building hundreds of cardboard boxes and digging through a bunch of paperwork), *and* this photo turned out several shades lighter than it looks in real life, but here is patriot:
Pretty much TARDIS blue to my eye. I love it. Well worth the struggle.

While I liked the colors and the service, I've decided to cancel my subscription with Square Hue. There just isn't enough money in my budget to justify spending $21 a month on unknown nail polish colors. I still have Birchbox, Ipsy, PopSugar, and Glossybox. Glossybox may be on its way out as well. I have more nail polish then I could ever possibly use, so no more Julep or Square Hue need to save and make cuts where I can.

I got an email that they're opening up to Canadian subscribers and they're offering the $14.99 for life price again but it doesn't appear to be working...still says 21.00 at checkout.  I don't see a code anywhere in the email.  I want to cancel and get in on this.  Anyone know anything about it?

I think it's $14.99 **plus** S&H in the new Canadian deal.  Hope that helps.  
And I think that $14.99-for-life deal this time around is just for the Canadian subscribers.

No, I did get in on it and I'm in the US.  I just had to use a different browser.  It only saved me a couple of dollars though.  

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And I think that $14.99-for-life deal this time around is just for the Canadian subscribers.

Back