Square Hue September 2013 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree. I think the polishes are better than Julep and Bondi.

I agree with you.  I hate the Julep bottles with an intense passion heretofore unknown to mankind.  What compels a company to make such an easily tippable bottle is beyond my limited imagination.  Whereas SH bottles are absolutely perfect to me.  Thin top with a sturdy bottle.

Bondi has too many similar colours too soon and the formulas have been hit and miss with me so far.

I think a big thing is that fewer people are subscribed. The fact that you can't pick or even see the colors ahead of time puts a lot of people off, although that's actually one of the things I like about it. A lot more thought goes into these collections than seems to go into Julep's. And because this is just a "here are your three polishes" sort of thing with no other sales channel, there's not much buzz about seeing what someone got and running out to buy it. But this is possibly my favorite sub. They rarely send colors I would pick out for myself, but that's kind of the point for me. Out of my hundreds of polishes that I've been collecting over the years, I think I have six polishes in the green/purple duochrome (think Peace Love and OPI) category alone -- and one brown one. And that came from Square Hue this month.

I do believe they might do better if they sold the polishes individually after the boxes are shipped out.  I didn't join until June and I would love to get my hands on some of the February and May collections.  In my opinion, they're screwing themselves out of customers.  I also do the Color Me Monthly sub and I really like the surprise factor.  Bondi is really stepping up it's game re: customer service and trying really hard to please people...and it's doing a fantastic job of it too.  Squarehue should take a page from that book.  I like their polishes way better.

On that note, I did my 31 day challenge polka dots using all SH polishes and everybody but me hated Patriot.  Jerks.  I matted it out.  I freakin' loved it but for real, every single person who saw it hated it.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Patriot?  I loved that one.  Thought the July box was really good.

Me too.  I love the blue jelly!  I did my glitter mani with that one.

I've been debating about whether to restart my suspended subscription for the next box (Moto).  Since Bondi sub polishes are going to be delayed by a whole month, I think I will.  Mama needs a treat!

I just started getting worried because I realized that I haven't been charged yet, and it's the 19th!  I always get charged the day before Julep's box selections go up, and tomorrow is box reveal day!  Oh no!  What is going on?  I checked my email for past charges.  Yep, the 19th of the month, like clockwork.  I started getting worried and was composing email to send to make sure everything was okay, and then it occurred to me to check what time of the day charges get run.  It's literally like clockwork:  I have been receiving the confirmation email that the charge has been run at precisely 9:36 pm on the 19th of every month starting in March.  Before that, it was 8:34pm.  I think this is a Daylight Savings Time-caused shift.  They claim to ship on the first of the month, but I think the only times that has actually happened have been in December and July.  My postmarks are always a day or two before that, and it just takes a few days for my boxes to get to me since they ship USPS.  I think I have my boxes by the 3rd every single month.  Charging- and shipping-wise, this is the most consistent sub I have ever encountered.  I can't believe we're just two boxes away from their one-year anniversary in December!

I just had a weird thing happen...maybe it has something to do with you not being charged?

I got a call from SH yesterday asking me why I'd disputed the charge on 8-26.  I didn't dispute anything.  I looked at my cc transactions online and see that on 9-11 I was refunded the $19.99.  No idea what's going on.  I called my cc company and they told me that SH actually did the reversal of the charge and there is no record of a dispute, which I already knew there wasn't.

The lady I talked to was upset because when a charge back happens, the company incurs a bank charge.  She said she was going to report what I told her to her bank and that she was sure it was the bank's mistake.  I asked if my account was cancelled and she said no.  I asked when I would be billed and she said on the 25th.  She said she wasn't going to bill me again because it might result in a double billing when their bank corrects the error.  So I guess I'm good but it's all very strange and I still don't know what to make of it.

Nah, it's a timing issue for me. My charges run at 9:36pm every month -- and it's still only 7:20pm here. It's just early. I was just surprised when I saw the same exact time on pretty much every email.

Back