SquareHue October 2013 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Little Apes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm hoping that teal that's on all the doors is in there, and I'd like to see an off-white or eggshell color too.

That's what I'm afraid of getting - variations of white or cream colors which look terrible on me. I ended up skipping this month, after looking at the picture some more, it's not doing anything for me, even with the chance of blues. Which is okay this month since it means In can put the money I would have spent towards a Kickstarter that I'm planning on backing sometime this month.

Now to live vicariously through you ladies until December! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmm... I wonder if there might be a cranberry since those are grown in coastal regions, and it would be appropriate for Thanksgiving. And beige -- sand -- for stuffing/turkey or cream -- the trim on those houses -- for whipped cream. And a sage green -- like seaweed -- for stuffing herbs. Huh. If I squint, I can actually see how they can tie that theme to Thanksgiving.

I don'tmind pale greys or creams.  I WANT ALL THE COLOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I'm good with whatever I get lol.  But yeah, a turquoise would be seriously awesome.

I really liked June's light teal/turquoise, Ocean Drive.  I'm afraid, from the picture, that November will have a gray-green and a yellow-green, and while those can be great polish colors, I have enough.  Hmmmm.

I was looking at pumpkins yesterday and realized that the texture of Desert Grit is very similar to that of the skin of actual pumpkins!  Just a little rough, not super bumpy.  I'm not sure why it took looking at real pumpkins for this to click.  I changed to Iron Horse today because I'm headed to _Metallica Through the Never_, and it's just *appropriate* for multiple reasons, but I also picked up some nail art tape yesterday that I will use for nail art with this black as a base with the other two colors on top of it, probably tomorrow.  Or Tuesday, depending on how motivated I feel when it comes to cleaning (I'm on vacation this week, so my plan/goal is to clean my apartment tomorrow, but that was my plan on my last vacation, and I felt unmotivated on the first day and got horribly sick on the second instead).

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Full mani with Scorched Summer.

I'm super jealous I didn't start with this back in August! I love this color!!

Help us celebrate this weekend with a new forum under Nail Talk: Nail Art & Stamping:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/138524/nail-art-stamping

Thank you so much, MuT and Zadidoll for setting up this forum for us to share our artistic manicures, product reviews, how-to ideas, etc. No matter what brand you love the most, this forum is for ALL nail polish brands. The focus is strictly on the art - whether it is a new version of a French manicure, learning to stamp, or just showing off your creativity with geometry, beginning to use rhinestones and striping tape, you name it - if it is beyond a simple and elegant single polish manicure, please share it with us here also, even though you may have also shared it with a subscription group or What Polish Are You Wearing? I hope this forum reflects all the beauty that is NAIL ART!

Was thinking about subscribing to Square Hue. Was a little confused about the price. Online they say 14.99 plus 5.00 shipping, but I have seen bloggers talking about it being 21.00 a month. How much do you pay each month? How does the skipping work? Do you really like the polish formula?

Thanks for any info.

Quote: Originally Posted by linda37027 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Was thinking about subscribing to Square Hue. Was a little confused about the price. Online they say 14.99 plus 5.00 shipping, but I have seen bloggers talking about it being 21.00 a month. How much do you pay each month? How does the skipping work? Do you really like the polish formula?

Thanks for any info.
Hi! As far as I know they changed the U.S price to be $14.99 + 5 for shipping (for us Canadians it is $9 shipping).

All you have to do to skip is log in and 'pause' your account - it's literally a one-button click and then when you're ready to receive again you unpause it.

I really love the formula - I get about 4 days wear time on average with no chips and it applies very smoothly. Right now I'm wearing Desert Grit from the Oct box and I like that it's only slightly textured with a nice sheen (I'm not a fan of the super matte textures, but this one I like).

Oil Slick lasted four days on me before I finally got tired of looking at it at the very cranky end of a very long day. No chips. Just tip wear, which I get with everything, and that could have been prevented with capping. I usually change my polish every other day if not every day, so I don't usually wear stuff long enough to chip, but when I do wear SH polishes for longer periods of time, my big problem tends to be peeling, which has nothing to do with polish (I started wearing keeping my nails polished at pretty much all times to keep myself from picking at the peelies, so it's an issue that predates my constant manis).

Woot!  I just unpaused my SquareHue account, and since I was past my billing date, I emailed the company to see if they could charge me separately for the November box.  They contacted me first thing this morning and said yes.  Great customer service!  Now I'm looking forward to the November colors with the rest of you.  :-D

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Woot!  I just unpaused my SquareHue account, and since I was past my billing date, I emailed the company to see if they could charge me separately for the November box.  They contacted me first thing this morning and said yes.  Great customer service!  Now I'm looking forward to the November colors with the rest of you.  :-D

I did the same exact thing yesterday and received an email from them this morning with the same exact answer! This makes me happy for some strange reason. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I broke down and subbed last night after watching a bunch of reviews. I'm kinda of confused about the monthly costs though as some people were saying it's 21 plus shipping in the reviews and others state it's 14.99 plus shipping. I was charged the 14.99 plus shipping. I don't see anything listed in their FAQ's about price changes after the first box though.

Quote: Originally Posted by JayneDoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I broke down and subbed last night after watching a bunch of reviews. I'm kinda of confused about the monthly costs though as some people were saying it's 21 plus shipping in the reviews and others state it's 14.99 plus shipping. I was charged the 14.99 plus shipping. I don't see anything listed in their FAQ's about price changes after the first box though.
It doesn't change.  It's always $19.99 every month which includes shipping.

The price used to be $21 a month then they changed it to $14.99 plus shipping per month. What the shipping cost is I don't know since I subbed last year on a promo price.

One reason you're seeing the $21 amount in some places is that it was that much for a while, and so older blog posts will probably still have that listed as the rate. (And then there are people like me, who signed up before the first box. Our rate is $14.99, including shipping.) (In December news, I'm finding myself hoping for a silver foil called silver bells even though I probably have a dozen silver foils already. I just love silver foils!)

Thanks for clearing that up ladies 
smile.gif
  I wish I would of subbed earlier I'm really liking alot of the past colors. 

Thanks for clearing that up ladies 
smile.gif
  I wish I would of subbed earlier I'm really liking alot of the past colors. 

In the past, I know they've said to contact them to see if they may have any past colors available for purchase. Whether or not this is still true, I don't know. But it can't hurt to contact them to see if they still do this.

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In the past, I know they've said to contact them to see if they may have any past colors available for purchase. Whether or not this is still true, I don't know. But it can't hurt to contact them to see if they still do this.
I sent them an email. Wanted to pass along the email they sent me if anyone is interested in purchasing past collections they missed.

Hi Lisa,First and foremost, welcome to the SquareHue family!

At this time we have the following collections in stock:
- 02.13 Vintage Love
- 04.13 Bloom
- 05.13 Madonna

- 07.13 Salute

- 09.13 Serengeti
- 10.13 Moto Collection

You can check out the colors that are part of each collection in our lookook.

Let me know if you want any of the collections mentioned above so we can process the charge and send you the product.

Happy Tuesday!

Back