Stamping equipment

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A plate holder really isn't that critical to have since there are alternatives. Konad kits tend not to have the plate holder. To use without a plate holder place it on a paper towel or if you have a silicone mat place on that. At the dollar store and at some stores that sell $1 items look for those car phone mats (thin rubber mats that go on the dash board to hold a cellphone). Those work as well since it keeps the plate from moving around. For those who don't want to wait Amazon Marketplace has the Konad ones (which holds the Bundle Monster and Shany plates) for under $3 with free shipping. http://www.amazon.com/Konad-Stamping-Nail-Art-Holder/dp/B000PQGYOU/
Great idea! I have a plate holder but it just seems easier to use the cell holder and I have one in my car that I don't really use so now I can put it to good use thanks!! Any ideas for a polish holder that tilts?? Hard to use polish when it's getting low.

Messy Mansion just came with rectangular stampers.  I am interesting in trying one.  All of the Messy Mansion plates are expensive but amazing.  I haven't had the pleasure of using any yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ilma Yvette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A plate holder really isn't that critical to have since there are alternatives. Konad kits tend not to have the plate holder. To use without a plate holder place it on a paper towel or if you have a silicone mat place on that. At the dollar store and at some stores that sell $1 items look for those car phone mats (thin rubber mats that go on the dash board to hold a cellphone). Those work as well since it keeps the plate from moving around. For those who don't want to wait Amazon Marketplace has the Konad ones (which holds the Bundle Monster and Shany plates) for under $3 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Konad-Stamping-Nail-Art-Holder/dp/B000PQGYOU/
Great idea! I have a plate holder but it just seems easier to use the cell holder and I have one in my car that I don't really use so now I can put it to good use thanks!! Any ideas for a polish holder that tilts?? Hard to use polish when it's getting low.

@Ilma Yvette, how about something like this?

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002FBT6M0

I guess everyone does what works for them; I do use my plate holder - the Konad one works for Pueen plates too. But I agree it does mean I end up having to clean the holder as well as the plates, which can be a pain. Honestly, I haven't often tried -not- using the holder, but I plan to give it a try again just to see. I'm so glad these threads are here - I have to give them all a thorough read! So much to still learn. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Messy Mansion just came with rectangular stampers.  I am interesting in trying one.  All of the Messy Mansion plates are expensive but amazing.  I haven't had the pleasure of using any yet.
Her plates are gorgeous and work really well. I just received 3 last week. They're a bit larger than Konad/BM plates. And super fast shipping! I'm in Canada and it took about a week from Australia. Awesome. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I totally plan on buying more. She's on vacation until the 25th though so her Etsy store isn't open. I know she was testing out some really pretty holiday plates so hopefully they'll be up next week.

I don't own any stamping equipment, but I'm very interested in 'trying my hand at it.'  I was looking at the sets and packages from MASH.

Can anyone recommend them or make any suggestions?

Quote: Originally Posted by KarenBox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't own any stamping equipment, but I'm very interested in 'trying my hand at it.'  I was looking at the sets and packages from MASH.

Can anyone recommend them or make any suggestions?
My biggest advice to anyone starting out is to find designs you like.  Most of the brands like Mash, Bundle Monster, etc are all pretty much at the same level of quality product.  I also buy a ton of overseas plates from Born Pretty or Ebay and I have only had a few that were kind of meh.  But what I mean by finding designs you like is if you are a super girly girl something like the Cheeky Gals sets are good.  Tons of pretty images.  Bundle Monster has a Holiday edition, the Bundle Monster user created set is awesome for just everyday off the wall stuff.  I find myself always looking for the next plate because mine doesn't have what I want and my bf is like.. OMG don't you have enough???  Winstonia makes some cool plates.  I just got some with nothing but jungle images and animals on it.  I first got the Salon Express kit from a discount store and loved it.  I think my Big Lots had it clearance for under 2 bucks.  I then started ordering them online and haven't stopped yet!!  If you buy something that had images you won't use that's exactly what you won't do.  Also if you have small nails I recommend looking for ones with smaller designs so you don't get discouraged nothing fits.  If you have longer nails, there are a ton of great plates out there.

Quote: Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My biggest advice to anyone starting out is to find designs you like.  Most of the brands like Mash, Bundle Monster, etc are all pretty much at the same level of quality product.  I also buy a ton of overseas plates from Born Pretty or Ebay and I have only had a few that were kind of meh.  But what I mean by finding designs you like is if you are a super girly girl something like the Cheeky Gals sets are good.  Tons of pretty images.  Bundle Monster has a Holiday edition, the Bundle Monster user created set is awesome for just everyday off the wall stuff.  I find myself always looking for the next plate because mine doesn't have what I want and my bf is like.. OMG don't you have enough???  Winstonia makes some cool plates.  I just got some with nothing but jungle images and animals on it.  I first got the Salon Express kit from a discount store and loved it.  I think my Big Lots had it clearance for under 2 bucks.  I then started ordering them online and haven't stopped yet!!  If you buy something that had images you won't use that's exactly what you won't do.  Also if you have small nails I recommend looking for ones with smaller designs so you don't get discouraged nothing fits.  If you have longer nails, there are a ton of great plates out there.
Thank you!  I need to look at those kit designs closer.   I think if I got a jungle bundle (say it 3x fast) I would cry.  Thank you for loading me up on sources and recommendations.  Very dangerous, but a good kind of dangerous.  And Big Lots!  Really?  I will have to check that out.  ~crosses fingers~

Thank you!  I need to look at those kit designs closer.   I think if I got a jungle bundle (say it 3x fast) I would cry.  Thank you for loading me up on sources and recommendations.  Very dangerous, but a good kind of dangerous.  And Big Lots!  Really?  I will have to check that out.  ~crosses fingers~
I am good at being dangerous just ask anyone here.  I know they sell the Salon Express kit at Sally Beauty for 9.99, I have seen it at Ross stores (I am in FL) and other discount stores too.  That's the stamper I still use and I have around 6 total. 

I got one plate from Konad for 5.99 or something because it was cats

and this is the Winstonia one

I got that one 4.95 on their ebay store, ordered it Friday got it in mail Monday with free shipping.  As you can probably tell I like animals.

Oh and this is my other new one

I got it for Superman but it's Stan from South Park that stole my heart.

Oh you guys are terrible enablers.  I keep finding Black Friday deals on stamping equipment.

Quote: Originally Posted by lochnessie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh? Do tell!
smile.gif

Bundle monster has a sale on some plus 15% off with code BLACKMONDAY too.  That's the only one I know of.

Winstonia is doing up to 50% off no coupon needed

Born Pretty is offering up to 80% off and is hosting  a giveaway.  I haven't seen anything 80%, but I've seen decent stuff at 35%.

I wish Cheeky was doing something.  They look so cute.

Winstonia is doing up to 50% off no coupon needed

Born Pretty is offering up to 80% off and is hosting  a giveaway.  I haven't seen anything 80%, but I've seen decent stuff at 35%.

I wish Cheeky was doing something.  They look so cute.
Man! and I just ordered from Winstonia.  /cry

Ok so the set I want was on sale for 10 bucks and I grabbed it thanks for sharing

icon_biggrin.gif
  I'm so happy to have helped!  I ended up with a fully loaded cart for $35 and free shipping.  ~happy dances~

A little off topic:  CMM is doing 20% off everything including subscriptions with code BLACKFRIDAY.  I nabbed an annual sub for $60 - or $5.00/month.

Help!! I can't find my stamper :-(

Does anyone know of something I can use to substitute for the stamper. The nearest store that sells them is 1/2 hour away.

Thanks in advance

Back