Starlooks July 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone who hasn't gotten their box yet have their shipping status updated? Mine still says 'electronic shipping received'
I got my ship notice on the 24th and It hasn't updated to be trackable yet even. This is rather strange for me. Normally I am one of the first to get their boxes living only 2 day ship time away from Irving/Compton CA but this month I appear to be one of the later shipments.

I haven't gotten the Starblast yet.

@@sarahtyler yes, they do have wonderful CS.  What color did you pick?  I picked Berry Blend because I saw a swatch of that online - there aren't that many swatches online of their lip liners.

from blog http://crystalpistolbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/06/starlooks-birthday-box.html (not mine!)

IMG_5859.JPG

my box is here!

I was concerned about the dups with the tenderglosses - if the colors were too similar - I had purchased 2 tenderglosses with the 50% off code the other week, Babe & Darlin  

I did another side by side comparison swatch ~ Pooh Bear is the most brightest, vibrant color in an orange-red, Darlin is more of a soft peach/coral and Babe is red-orange that isn't as bright as Pooh Bear.  I am pleased that these 3 tenderglosses have enough differences within their color

starlooks.swatchlip.1.png

With Flash:  Left to Right: Babe, Darlin', Pooh Bear

I decided to do swatches of last month's eye liner pot color in Sun against the eye shadow in Traffic Yellow.  They are different ~ Sun is more of a golden yellow, very rich, warm and buttery, and Traffic Yellow is more cool toned, with hints of mint green undertones.
 ​
starlooks.swatcheye.1.png

With Flash:  Top to Bottom: Traffic Yellow eye shadow, Sun eye liner

My box without the kinky swatch - I LOVE the Blue Chill eyeliner pencil, I feel like a mermaid!

julystarlooks.2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't going to look at spoilers, figured I'd just wait for me box to arrive...but my shipping still hasn't updated and I have no self control LOL

I agree with @@biancardi .the one item is a bit of overkill after last month...though I like that color, so not a big deal to me, but I am a bit bummed about the item that I already have two of one from Feb 13 box and one from ipsy. I like that item a lot, but definitely not enough to have three of them. Overall, though I am excited to try all of the new to me items 
Overall, I'm excited for all the color! And can't wait to try the items that are actually new to me.

@@biancardi I think if there were variations, the photo of the card would have said so. Usually everyone gets the same card and it just lists the variations on it.
I agree, I dont need a third of that item.

my box is here!

I was concerned about the dups with the tenderglosses - if the colors were too similar - I had purchased 2 tenderglosses with the 50% off code the other week, Babe & Darlin  

I did another side by side comparison swatch ~ Pooh Bear is the most brightest, vibrant color in an orange-red, Darlin is more of a soft peach/coral and Babe is red-orange that isn't as bright as Pooh Bear.  I am pleased that these 3 tenderglosses have enough differences within their color

starlooks.swatchlip.1.png

With Flash:  Left to Right: Babe, Darlin', Pooh Bear

I decided to do swatches of last month's eye liner pot color in Sun against the eye shadow in Traffic Yellow.  They are different ~ Sun is more of a golden yellow, very rich, warm and buttery, and Traffic Yellow is more cool toned, with hints of mint green undertones.

starlooks.swatcheye.1.png

With Flash:  Top to Bottom: Traffic Yellow eye shadow, Sun eye liner

My box without the kinky swatch - I LOVE the Blue Chill eyeliner pencil, I feel like a mermaid!

julystarlooks.2.png
Great swatches!

My last starbox. Those colors will make me look crazy in Chicago and not being right for my skintone. I'll be back once it's customizable for at least one item. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up emailing them to see if i can exchange the two lip products since I bought them within the last month. It was worth a try to see if they can do something for me.

This may be my last box also until they customize just because I have too much makeup right now and not sure I want to get more duplicates...

I got my box, even though tracking never registered.

I am probably going to unsubscribe for a couple months solely for financial reasons. I just don't have the money in my bank account right now and probably will be quite broke for the next month or two. I really want to be signed back up for December. I haven't been subscribed twice and both times I signed up too late for the Dec palettes.

If I weren't SO close to being able to cash out ipsy points, I would have ditched Ipsy instead, since I really prefer Starlooks!

I ended up emailing them to see if i can exchange the two lip products since I bought them within the last month. It was worth a try to see if they can do something for me.

This may be my last box also until they customize just because I have too much makeup right now and not sure I want to get more duplicates...
I bet they will let you exchange them! 

they just sent out my replacement lip pencil and they have thoughtfully added a SASE for me in there, so I don't have to pay for return shipping.

great, great customer service - thank you Brandon!

I bet they will let you exchange them! 

they just sent out my replacement lip pencil and they have thoughtfully added a SASE for me in there, so I don't have to pay for return shipping.

great, great customer service - thank you Brandon!
 Yea Brandon is pretty awesome! I have not heard back from them yet...hope soon.

They did finally ship my 50% order minus one item which I need to wait for the restock.

Back