Starlooks November 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK--I feel like an idiot--I kept seeing these little glass pieces in the boxes and wondering about the quality control at Starlooks or the box manufacturer--oh, they are crystals!  Whoops!  :hehe:

Weird. Shipping label created on the 14th. Gone from USPS's database -- completely gone, as in it looked like it hadn't even been created -- for a couple of days. Now it's back. Accepted by USPS on the 18th, departed Anaheim on the 19th, will probably be here in the 21st.
Same with mine...I wonder what happened?

Since the word spoiler is in the title, I am not going to put spoiler tags around my  comments!

I finally got my starlooks today and I did get the wyld eyeliner, which I bought previously this year.  I was thinking of swapping or gifting it.  That said, I got out my own version of wyld and swatched it for my blog and noticed that my pot looked darker, more deeper in color.   I looked at the new wyld and yes, they are two different colors. They must have changed formulas, because the one I purchased is a deep dark bronze with olive and grey.  The one in the box is a bronze but a newer type of bronze.  I am not complaining, as I love both colors, but I thought I would let folks know.

pics now in spoilers, cause they are large

2 is the old version, 3 is the new version in box

no flash

starlooks1.png

with flash

starlooks2.png

new version on the left, original one on the right

starlooks3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow that's a big difference. I have the old version and I just thought it was monitor settings/flash or whatever that made Amber's pics look different than my jar. I love Starlooks but I wish they would get it together with swatches and consistency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, mine is here!  And I received Star Dust.  It looks like it will be a nice shimmery base.  I love my UDPP in Sin, but sometimes I want *silvery* shimmer, not pink-champagne-y.  I just remembered I have a sample of a silver shimmer cream shadow from Birchbox I've never touched aside from moving it from one box to another.  Hmm.  *shrug*  Whatever. 

This is a good box, but I don't think I'm going to miss this sub one bit when it ends in March.  It will be just over two years with Starlooks Starbox, and I think that's long enough for me.

And...  Uh, was there supposed to be a loyalty code in August?  Because I see it as a button on the rewards screen to redeem, but it's not activated for me.

Yay, mine is here!  And I received Star Dust.  It looks like it will be a nice shimmery base.  I love my UDPP in Sin, but sometimes I want *silvery* shimmer, not pink-champagne-y.  I just remembered I have a sample of a silver shimmer cream shadow from Birchbox I've never touched aside from moving it from one box to another.  Hmm.  *shrug*  Whatever. 

This is a good box, but I don't think I'm going to miss this sub one bit when it ends in March.  It will be just over two years with Starlooks Starbox, and I think that's long enough for me.

And...  Uh, was there supposed to be a loyalty code in August?  Because I see it as a button on the rewards screen to redeem, but it's not activated for me.
I would email them, they should have put 250pts in your account that you would use to redeem for the loyalty code. When it went active I had 250pts (plus some extra) and it was listed for loyalty. But I had an October Birthday and that wasn't on my rewards account. I emailed them and they fixed it for me.

Not really related to this specific box this month but I did use loyalty points to buy some of their new "ipsy" Gem Liners. I bought Ultra Hunter and Ultra Violet and the lipstick in Man Hunter if anyone would be interested in swatches. I LOVE all 3 tons.

IMG_61371.JPG

the full face photo is just showing the lipstick. I am not wearing the liners

IMG_61351.JPG

My eyeliner collection is growing nicely lol!

@Onyxspider  very nice!! I have some Korean eyeliners from the F/W color box that are very similar in color, so I am now eying the ultra olive and turquoise - like I need more eyeliners, but I love eyeliners

Not really related to this specific box this month but I did use loyalty points to buy some of their new "ipsy" Gem Liners. I bought Ultra Hunter and Ultra Violet and the lipstick in Man Hunter if anyone would be interested in swatches. I LOVE all 3 tons.

IMG_61371.JPG

the full face photo is just showing the lipstick. I am not wearing the liners

IMG_61351.JPG

My eyeliner collection is growing nicely lol!
Great pics! Love the lipstick color.

Anyone else have a problem with the lip liner not staying in place? I've worn it twice and both times it was basically all over  my face. I always wear lip primer, so I'm not sure what the problem is. What a bummer. It's such a pretty color.

Back