Summerswap 2014 Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, after some budget considerations, I am definitely going to participate in this! Now I'm just eagerly awaiting the sign up thread! (Unless it's already up and I can't find it? Idk. I have been having some problems navigating MUT.)

I'm working on the signup thread now!  I'll post here (and respond to specific posts about my son, etc) when I'm done!

I'd love this! Am I eligible?
Hi @@lauralai28

I'm so excited you want to participate.

Right now you meet 2 out of the 3 requirements.  You need to have 50 meaningful posts by the time sign ups end (June 2nd). Right now, you have 14 posts.  What we mean by "meaningful posts" are posts that contribute to the thread you are posting to, not just one or two word responses.  The purpose of that requirement is so that you can get to know the members of MuT and we can get to know you.  So find a few threads that are interesting to you (clearly this one is :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) and jump right into the conversation! Please sign up once you have the minimum post requirements.

Also, since you are relatively new to posting, (I'm putting my Moderator cap on now for a minute  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) I would suggest that you read the MuT Terms of Service which can be found here: Terms of Service 

Also can someone smarter than me tell me how to make a list to put in my signature?  I'm hopelessly unable to figure out how to do that with this new wordpress forum.

Also can someone smarter than me tell me how to make a list to put in my signature?  I'm hopelessly unable to figure out how to do that with this new wordpress forum.
If you're on desktop:

• Click the down arrow next to your name next to the PM/notification icons
  • Click on black Edit My Profile on the right side of the screen
  • Click on Signature in column on the left (under Profile Settings, Profile Customization, and Email & Password)

Boom!  There it is.

If you're on desktop:

• Click the down arrow next to your name next to the PM/notification icons
  • Click on black Edit My Profile on the right side of the screen
  • Click on Signature in column on the left (under Profile Settings, Profile Customization, and Email & Password)

Boom!  There it is.
No, I need to make a list.  How do I make the list.  I know how to put it in my signature but I don't know how to make it.

The signup thread is now posted and live!  
Yay! Question: I'm moving on Monday and I don't know my new address. Can I sign up now so I don't forget and message you my updated address later? Or do I need to wait until I have the right info to fill out the Google form?

No, I need to make a list.  How do I make the list.  I know how to put it in my signature but I don't know how to make it.
Ah, whoops, I misunderstood!  Here are the directions I wrote up for Midsummer Night's Dream:

First, go here:http://www.makeuptal...3-makeup-nails/

Click on Start New Topic.  Then fill out your dreamlist title, then fill out the body of the post, then click Post New Topic, et voila!  You have a new url to add to your survey and/or signature!

Yay! Question: I'm moving on Monday and I don't know my new address. Can I sign up now so I don't forget and message you my updated address later? Or do I need to wait until I have the right info to fill out the Google form?
@@jayeme - Sure.  Since the address is a required field, just put will PM new address (or something along those lines) in each box.

@@jayeme - Sure.  Since the address is a required field, just put will PM new address (or something along those lines) in each box.
Yay, thanks! One more question - do I fill in the fields with more general stuff or specific items? Are we supposed to make a wishlist in addition to the survey or is this all the info that is given?

Yay, thanks! One more question - do I fill in the fields with more general stuff or specific items? Are we supposed to make a wishlist in addition to the survey or is this all the info that is given?
It's your choice to fill in the general or specific items.  All required answers are starred.  I would suggest making a wish list (and answering the questions in the survey) so that it is easier for your Swap Buddy to shop for you.  

Can we just kidnap the Midsummer survey?
Feel free to post any information you would like in your Summerswap BST post but we aren't making any changes to the survey that is up now, nor are we going to post another survey for people to fill out.  Summerswap was designed to be very simple.

When we put up the Roadies (helpers) thread, you can use a Roadie to ask your Swap Buddy whatever you would like. 

Back