Tell me About Your Wedding

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mrs.jones1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think this is the one I used. There are longer ones, but I think they get a little boring if you carry on for too long. Thats what happened at my bffs wedding.
Bride-, please face -Groom- and hold his hands, palms up, so that you may see the gift that they are to you. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow and tears of joy. These are the hands that will comfort you in illness and hold you when fear or grief fills you. These are the hands that will give you support and celebrate with you in your accomplishments.

-Groom-, please hold -Bride- hands, palms up, so that you may see the gift that they are to you.

These are the hands that will hold you tight as you struggle through difficult times. They are the hands that will comfort you when you are sick or console you when you are grieving. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the year, for a lifetime of happiness. These are the hands that will give you support as she encourages you to fulfill your dreams. Together, as a team, everything you wish for can be realized.

Omg Kat, did you see the link I posted earlier in the thread? Me and Wes did this exact same thing, only were personalized it to fit us better
laughing.gif
Too cool chicky!

Originally we were going to get married 11/06/2004, but I started freaking out on planning a big wedding. Not to mention, I knew my dad wouldn't be able to fly to GA from WA for it. So, John and I decided to just have a small ceremony with close family & friends.

We had the wedding in my friend's backyard. John's parents drove down from NY, and I didn't have anyone walk me down the aisle. (If my daddy wasn't there to do it, then no one else could).

Cyera was my junior bridesmaid, my friend was matron of honor, and Cyera's godfather was the best man. John and I wrote our own vows to each other, and had a Unity Candle. All of the flowers used were fake so we could have them for years to come, and all of the "goodies" were homemade.

My friend made our cake (fudge cake mixed w/ pound cake), with fresh strawberries and cream cheese frosting. Everything to eat was homemade. No alcohol since I was pregnant, and John's dad is a "recovering" alcoholic. (I say "recovering" because he's been sober for 25 years now, and is a drug & alcohol counselor).

We honeymooned in Myrtle Beach since it was the one place John hadn't been, and it was close to home. My aunt paid for the suite, and gave us spending money for while we were there.

However, I am still waiting on my "first dance," and we've been married almost 4 years now LOL!

Aquilah, my daddy couldn't walk me down the aisle either, so I walked alone. Everyone said I "couldn't". I said "watch me"
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Omg Kat, did you see the link I posted earlier in the thread? Me and Wes did this exact same thing, only were personalized it to fit us better
laughing.gif
Too cool chicky! LOL, that's crazy!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Originally we were going to get married 11/06/2004, but I started freaking out on planning a big wedding. Not to mention, I knew my dad wouldn't be able to fly to GA from WA for it. So, John and I decided to just have a small ceremony with close family & friends.
We had the wedding in my friend's backyard. John's parents drove down from NY, and I didn't have anyone walk me down the aisle. (If my daddy wasn't there to do it, then no one else could).

Cyera was my junior bridesmaid, my friend was matron of honor, and Cyera's godfather was the best man. John and I wrote our own vows to each other, and had a Unity Candle. All of the flowers used were fake so we could have them for years to come, and all of the "goodies" were homemade.

My friend made our cake (fudge cake mixed w/ pound cake), with fresh strawberries and cream cheese frosting. Everything to eat was homemade. No alcohol since I was pregnant, and John's dad is a "recovering" alcoholic. (I say "recovering" because he's been sober for 25 years now, and is a drug & alcohol counselor).

We honeymooned in Myrtle Beach since it was the one place John hadn't been, and it was close to home. My aunt paid for the suite, and gave us spending money for while we were there.

However, I am still waiting on my "first dance," and we've been married almost 4 years now LOL!

Aw, that sounds great! And i want to eat your cake now
frown.gif
I''m on a dieet
scared.gif

Anyways, my wedding... I don't know, i never put much of a thought about that until now that i'm with Bruno... If i marry him, i'd like to have 2 ceremonies, one here and one on his city (which is BTW one of the most beautiful of Brazil)... But i'm not a very catholic person, and he already told me once that he didn't want to get married on the church (but i'm unsure if it's for real or it was just a random thought)

EDIT: forgot to complete my line: so, if we marry it'd be unlikely to us to get married on the church - unless our families put some pressure on it (which i'm sure they will - despite the fact that mom and dad never married on the church)

I know right? Too crazy! I wish I still had ours around somewhere, but I don't. I do know we had something like "these are the hands that will play music for you" cause Wes plays guitar!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Omg Kat, did you see the link I posted earlier in the thread? Me and Wes did this exact same thing, only were personalized it to fit us better
laughing.gif
Too cool chicky! Its because me and you are just too freakin cool.

my wedding thats in 6 months will have 1000 guests. there will be a stand up buffet for them and later on a dinner for 300. the reception will be in a hotel where ill also spend the night and then on to the honeymoon in Greece.

ill be wearing a traditional white dress but later on will change into a red gown.

im having a winter theme. ehre are some pics of what i want.

Originally Posted by DizzyCow /img/forum/go_quote.gif my wedding thats in 6 months will have 1000 guests. there will be a stand up buffet for them and later on a dinner for 300. the reception will be in a hotel where ill also spend the night and then on to the honeymoon in Greece.ill be wearing a traditional white dress but later on will change into a red gown.

im having a winter theme. ehre are some pics of what i want.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8738/dena8xblv6.th.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7663/p0003908aa5.th.jpg

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/1291/acccrystalwedcake005bwc5.th.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3...2022hh6.th.jpg

Sounds beautiful!
rockwoot.gif

Back