The best mascara for hard to curl lashes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried so many mascara's and i think they all work OK, but the best one Ive tried is the clinique high lengths mascara, i know its on the expensive side but its well worth the money.

Please tell me which Double extend..? I am looking at 4 different packages, not including The colored enhancement ones. I am also Asian and need a new drugstore favorite as it appears the Maybelline Volume Expeess Turbo Boost is gone:(. That one was perfect even without being waterproof. I have a red tube, blue, and 2 flat topped ones (one is gold and white other is black and white.)

A heated lash curler after your mascara is set works, another trick I'm not saying you should do it ( but it works ) spray some hair spray on finger tips ( Aqua Net ) while wet rub on eye lashes, let dry and curl, again I'm not saying you should do it, but it works.

Ok, so I bought the loreal double extend in the red tube. I really like it. It does make the curl fall a little, but I was encouraged when I put on the primer and my curl stayed. I waited until the primer dried a little before risking the second step with mascara. I really loved Chanel's Inimitable mascara for my straight, hard-to-keep-a-curl Asian lashes. It is seriously the best ever. Added volume, length, and didn't remove the curl I put in (also in 4-5 places as another user commented.) sadly, it IS. $30 a tube, and in my smaller town I'd have to wait to go to Tucson or order online and pay shipping. I'll try and buy that one every other tube, to help even out the feel of the expense. It's expensive but really worth it!

In response to studiomakeup's tip on heated eyelash curlers afterwards, I have trouble with it melting the mascara together a bit, so it clumps them together.

I have the same problem, I used to use Marathon Mascara, but they have discontinued it too. My lashes WILL not hold curl, after I curl them, once I put mascara on them. I have tried some of these new formulas of "waterproof formulas" but they just are not holding up my lashes. I have bought tube after tube of waterproof mascara..hopefully one of the suggestions below can help. Good luck to you!! Hopefully we can find something for our problem,Im going to buy the Cover Girl Lash Blast today!

I just bought a tube of CG LashBlast Waterproof (orange tube) WORKS GREAT! much better than what I've been using!

I have to curl my straight lashes everyday. Maybelline New Yorks the Classic Volum' Express, One by One Volum' Express and Illegal Length work for me.

Hello girls, I am new in this forum. I have really straight lashes as well to the point that is impossible to use any other mascara that is not waterproof, but not just any kind, the secret is to read the ingredients on the formula before purchasing them as anything with water in it will straighten them right away instantly. I find the best ones are from L'oreal and Maybeline for the cheap drugstore ones, I don't get high end brands too often but I have tried out the Lancôme waterproof ones and they perform excellent. I am from Mexico and although I don't live there anymore I get the best cheap mascara non commercial brand there(nothing fancy whatsoever) made with different kinds of oils and beeswax (no water at all), comes in a pink square container, I have used that stuff since high school and to this date that mascara can certainly compete with any of the best waterproof mascaras in any market out there, so every time I travel down to Mexico I get at least 5 tubes.

Hi! I have the same problem and a friend recommended me the Lash Queen Feather mascara from Helena Rubinstein and I´m loving it at the moment! Also I have the Three dimensional mascara from Collistar and works pretty good too. Give volume and curve to my lashes. They are a little bit expensive, but I buy them online to save some money, on perfumesclub.co.uk or in boots. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had eyelash extensions for a few months and decided to go back to my natural lashes. They were all broken off and in terrible shape! I had gaps of no lashes and they were EXTREMELY sparse. At first I applied Lashfusion Xl Mascara at night and saw results within two weeks. My eyelashes were longer...not long enough for a trim...but longer. I also noticed my eyelashes do not fall out as easily as they did before when I would use my eyelash curler.This product is amazing and would highly suggest this to anyone looking for increased length and fullness. The price is also not bad compared to what else is on the market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't know a answer as I don't wear makeup/mascara, but................... I have a question, am I the only one who doesn't have to curl and use mascara on my lashes? :)

Back