The Color Workshop

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Color workshop is the worst brand IMO. It appears in bulk qualities around the holidays but never buy it as a gift let alone for yourself.

alright. i cant believe this thread is up here! lol. but, i wrote this a year ago. obviously. =]

i got another kit this year. duh. i get it every year and this year i figured, we gotta make this work. and honestly, it works great! =]

what i do is apply my base. a colored base like a mac paint pot really makes the colors go crazy. then, i take a pin, or anything sharp, and shave off some of the eyeshadow into a powder [of course putting the powder form into a plastic cap or something in the like]. then, use it wet. here are a few pictures using all color workshop eyeshadow.

gpink01.jpg

gpink04.jpg

gpink07.jpg

& blues. i've only done two looks really with these so far.

dazzlingblue01.jpg

dazzlingblue02.jpg

dazzlingblue04.jpg

dazzlingblue11.jpg

so, last year when i first posted this topic, i threw it all away. again, i got another kit this year and was determined to make it work. and, there ya go. =] have faith. lol. i never did. i do NOW! =]

You're pale and so you shouldn't have much problem with eyeshadow, that is they show up on your skin more easily. I have light olive skin but with dark eyelids, no miracle can make this brand work on me.

Originally Posted by hopeless novice /img/forum/go_quote.gif You're pale and so you shouldn't have much problem with eyeshadow, that is they show up on your skin more easily. I have light olive skin but with dark eyelids, no miracle can make this brand work on me. have you tried the tip i offered? because, if you do, you might just be suprised. i wouldn't make assumptions unless you know. i made assumptions and i was really wrong.
also, these pictures are just proving that it has pigmentation. when i played with it before, it did not show up, AT ALL. like, literally, sooooooo sheer you could still see my skin color and veins under the shadow. which, sucked. but, if anybody has this stuff, seriously play with it. it can come out good.

I had gotten as kit years ago and hated it....this year for christmas i got a new kit and i like it alot. it lasted all day and the colors showed up with and without primier.

I don't like the eyeshadows, but I love the mascara in the kit, it's the same formula as WnW since its both made by markwins.

Hmmm... I got one just to play with and I kinda like the sheer look they give me. I use them over the Revlon creams and it's just really subtle soft color.

The Color Workshop is a cosmetic line from Markwins,the company that manufacters Wet and Wild cosmetics. I have seen these kits in the mall,and at drugstores.

The eyeshadows are good for people who don't want to spend a whole of money on makeup. They do have pretty colors,I just wish the shadows stayed on better.

The lipliners and eyeliners are good,I just wish they would make more colors and would make the pencil liners,a automatic lipliner.Instead of having to sharpen the product,and waste it.

I do recommened getting the face bronzer kit. Very nice!! I still have some of the products from many years ago.

Woo, a thread I've been waiting for. Hopefully I'm good to post.

So, for years I've always bought TCW brands. Especially the eyeshadow kits, seeing as I've long wanted a decent full colour palette of colours. Just before Christmas, I bought a new one for about €6,99. See, I usually get make-up from more pricey places, like L'Oreal etc etc. And none of those brands actually have a palette. Anyway, on to my review...

The TCW sucks. The colours vanished after a few minutes after I spent nearly 30 minutes on getting myself prettied up. One wipe and p00f it went. Some of the colours were nicely pigmented, but the rest was a waste. Eventually I invested in getting a M.A.C palette for 200 bucks. Best thing ever. TCW eyeshadows work good as liners for boredom. Just dip your line brush in water, wiggle it in the shadow and voila.

these kits are generally from Walmart. $10!!!!! thats it... what do you expect...

anyways, got one years ago, they sucked. but i kept them for my sisters sake, seeing as she got it for me.

well most of my make up got stolen not to long ago, and cant really afford to go and get some right now, have been using the old ones my sis got me and they actually work just fine now.

dont ask me how. just does..

I actually like The Color Workshop but only their polishes. I buy my daughters nail polish kits for XMas and they never had a problem with the pigmentation or durability in the polishes. The shadows on the other hand are not that great - chalky, not very pigmented (hit and miss with more misses than hits). It's a good item for a young teen to play with but not for a grown woman. Stick with WnW but stay away from their sister company TCW when it comes to shadows.

I LOVE THE COLOR WORKSHOP! I will agree, you cannot get the "full potential" if you just apply the colors without anything, BUT USE A BASE/PRIMER!! THE COLORS WILL BE VIBRANT ANND AMAZING! I love this product AND I TOTALLY RECCOMMEND IT

I got loads of eye shadows from here a few years back. I was never really into eyeshadow so didn't use them much, however they're rubbish for me, im dark olive skinned as well and they just didn't work, although there is a dark brown which is perfect for my eyebrows! And it stays on alllll day! I searched them online to see if i could buy the colour seperatley but they don't even appear to have a website?

Originally Posted by xLightningbolt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got loads of eye shadows from here a few years back. I was never really into eyeshadow so didn't use them much, however they're rubbish for me, im dark olive skinned as well and they just didn't work, although there is a dark brown which is perfect for my eyebrows! And it stays on alllll day! I searched them online to see if i could buy the colour seperatley but they don't even appear to have a website?
They do and don't. Markwins - the parent company of Wet 'n' Wild does have a website but The Color Workshop does not. The other sister company is The Color Institute which is typically sold at Kohl's.

http://markwins.com/

Ooohh lightening.

Hey guys! 

So I purchased The Color Workshop eyeshadow kit today, and I honestly didn't think it would work, or even show up..I thought there must be something wrong, I mean its only $3..come on! But when I got home and applied it, it came out great! I've been wearing it since around 12ish, and it hasnt worn out or anything. I love ittt :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back