Traveling Journal

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Who will keep it at the end? I don't see that question actually addressed anywhere.

Also how do we sign up? Just PM you our address?
@tulosai, did you read the guidelines I posted?  Post #16 of this thread?

Yes, just PM me your full name, address and email.  

With regards to who keeps the journal, we have a few options. I mentioned one in the guidelines, that the journal starter/ender keep it. We could randomly select a person or another option is that the journal keeps going after this round ends.  The journal I purchased has enough pages to accommodate going around a few times. So, as the coordinator it would come back to me to hold on to and the next time there is another traveling journal round, the same journal would go out again. If I wasn't coordinating that round, I would send it to whoever is the coordinator. This way the next round of ladies who participate can see our entries plus their own.  

The 3rd option depends ENTIRELY on whether the women who have already signed up are ok with future members reading what they write. If one woman says no, then it's not an option.    

Hi Ladies!

Today is the last day to sign up for the Traveling Journal.  If you would like to participate, please message me your name, address and email. We have 11 members signed up so far. So that's 10 beauty secrets I'll get to find out and 10 more wonderful women I'll get to know! 
marchmellow.gif

Guidelines for the Traveling Journal are posted in this thread.  

If I could weigh in, I think there's a 4th option. You could find out how much it would cost to make copies of the journal at the end. Whoever wants a copied version would send you the money for a copy. It still wouldn't be the original, and it would be more work on your part. But then everyone who wants something of the journal can have it. And the people at the front of the line (second, third person) would have a chance to read what everyone put.

Quote: Originally Posted by chrysalis101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If I could weigh in, I think there's a 4th option. You could find out how much it would cost to make copies of the journal at the end. Whoever wants a copied version would send you the money for a copy. It still wouldn't be the original, and it would be more work on your part. But then everyone who wants something of the journal can have it. And the people at the front of the line (second, third person) would have a chance to read what everyone put.
i second this option, i would gladly pay for a copy of it, its like a first year MuT yearbook of secrets and tips, and pics, it'd be fun to look back on.

Agreed!!! Such a good idea!

i second this option, i would gladly pay for a copy of it, its like a first year MuT yearbook of secrets and tips, and pics, it'd be fun to look back on.

I would gladly pay for a copy too.

Copy machines can be tricky. If someone uses pink, orange, or light green ink to write their pages, it won't copy on some machines. It has to be a color copier, and even then it's a crap shoot, and expensive at the copy store. I do this colored ink thing with my Journal on purpose, and I've tested it, in case somebody at work got ahold of it. However, I promise to use a regular pen when I write in the Traveling Journal.

@Babs28 Sorry if I got you into something you weren't prepared for.

@chrysalis101 , No reason to be sorry.  I think it's a great idea and I would be happy to coordinate that as well.

The journal lays flat when opened, so there is no issue with it being copied while keeping the journal intact so it can be used for a second round (a message is going out to participants only about that shortly) but it will need to go to Staples or  a place that has a copy center with a good copier, which as peritdotcricket pointed out, can be expensive, especially when copying in color.  We have a total of 11 members participating and each member gets 4 pages to write so that's 44 pages - more if people go over.  

I just went online to staples and created a mock order of what we would need:  46 color pages, front and back, bound with a card stock cover with words and a black card stock back. The cost is $28.00 with blank pages. I don't know if the cost would go up if there are pictures on the pages. If we choose not to do the binding and add a cover and back it's only a savings of $1.50. The cost I quoted does NOT include the time and cost of the employee copying each page individually by hand.  I would have to call to get that price and ask about the pictures on the pages. Whatever that cost is, we would need to divide it by the number of people ordering a copy of the journal.

Quote: Originally Posted by Babs28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@chrysalis101 , No reason to be sorry.  I think it's a great idea and I would be happy to coordinate that as well.

The journal lays flat when opened, so there is no issue with it being copied while keeping the journal intact so it can be used for a second round (a message is going out to participants only about that shortly) but it will need to go to Staples or  a place that has a copy center with a good copier, which as peritdotcricket pointed out, can be expensive, especially when copying in color.  We have a total of 11 members participating and each member gets 4 pages to write so that's 44 pages - more if people go over.  

I just went online to staples and created a mock order of what we would need:  46 color pages, front and back, bound with a card stock cover with words and a black card stock back. The cost is $28.00 with blank pages. I don't know if the cost would go up if there are pictures on the pages. If we choose not to do the binding and add a cover and back it's only a savings of $1.50. The cost I quoted does NOT include the time and cost of the employee copying each page individually by hand.  I would have to call to get that price and ask about the pictures on the pages. Whatever that cost is, we would need to divide it by the number of people ordering a copy of the journal.
that sounds completely reasonable, it is a keepsake afterall.

Quote: Originally Posted by Babs28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would totally be up to paying for one!

@lissa1307 @Dayo Steph, @PeridotCricket, @DeSha, @usofjessamerica @heath67013 @chrysalis101 @chelsealady @trekkersangel, @jannie135

Hi Ladies!

​Thank you so much for being patient with me about sending out the journal!  Feb was a very rough month for me! I mailed out the traveling journal today! 
marchmellow.gif
 I mailed it 2 day priority and should get to Jannie by Friday.  I will PM everyone the tracking number and more info shortly.  I just wanted to post a quick update!  

Back