• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ulta: Codes, Deals, Sales, and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a GWP right now, three StriVectin products with $40 online purchase this morning. And they do have the unzipped palette online yippee! I'm going to wait to buy until I swing by the post office for, ahem, COUPONS!! Lol!
I still haven't gotten my coupon code :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wonder who chooses who gets a coupon or not, that's so mean of Ulta.

My mom hasn't gotten one either :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I still haven't gotten my coupon code :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wonder who chooses who gets a coupon or not, that's so mean of Ulta.

My mom hasn't gotten one either :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It mostly has to do with how much people are shopping at the Ultas in your region. I've heard of people emailing to ask for coupons because they never received one. Not sure if that always works, but it's worth a shot. I think it's still early though -  I haven't gotten a code yet either, and I usually received two (email and postcard).

There's a GWP right now, three StriVectin products with $40 online purchase this morning. And they do have the unzipped palette online yippee! I'm going to wait to buy until I swing by the post office for, ahem, COUPONS!! Lol!
I have the original Lorac Unzipped palette and I use it a TON. Do not care much for the Urban Decay palettes to be honest. I don't love the formula. I don't use my smaller TooFaced Palettes, but I thought I might use a larger one? Who am I kidding??? I should just get the new Lorac gold palette and the Lorac Pro palettes too. How did the Becca palette work out for you??

@@tallison I noticed on Ultas app, I can't order unzipped, but I can in the big site...so that is what I must have tried when I thought it was OOS.

As for the Becca palette, I have to admit that I got it like a week before my LORAC Vixen palette...but haven't uses it yet, and immediately tried vixen! Selfies from my face yesterday where I used my new liquid and powder philosophy foundations, the Becca raspberry opal cream blush, a Tarte lip gloss, tarte LCF mascara, e.l.f eyebrow pencil, and on eyes is Napoleon Perdis sparkly bubbly base, bare minerals nude beach on inner lid, the crease color is the redish color in the vixen palette, and the liner is Laura geller Devils food for liner.

image.jpg

I can't tell if those are my circles, or missed makeup cleanup on the inside of my eyes/side of my nose. Oops. ETA: I still need to work on blending!

ETA: WHY GRANDMA, what a big forehead you have! LOL!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ your skin is flawless. please share your skin care routine!

What do you think of the philosophy foundations so far? Is it long wearing? I'm always on the hunt for something to cover up my redness while still being lightweight and natural looking...

@@tallison I noticed on Ultas app, I can't order unzipped, but I can in the big site...so that is what I must have tried when I thought it was OOS.

As for the Becca palette, I have to admit that I got it like a week before my LORAC Vixen palette...but haven't uses it yet, and immediately tried vixen! Selfies from my face yesterday where I used my new liquid and powder philosophy foundations, the Becca raspberry opal cream blush, a Tarte lip gloss, tarte LCF mascara, e.l.f eyebrow pencil, and on eyes is Napoleon Perdis sparkly bubbly base, bare minerals nude beach on inner lid, the crease color is the redish color in the vixen palette, and the liner is Laura geller Devils food for liner.

image.jpg

I can't tell if those are my circles, or missed makeup cleanup on the inside of my eyes/side of my nose. Oops. ETA: I still need to work on blending!

You look great! I like the finish of the foundation...how does it feel on?

@@lynni98 and @ you know, I took some more selfies today (same exact routine for makeup) and it's totally the foundation making my skin look like that!! I was looking at the pics thinking 'where are the rest of my circles?'

Thanks for the compliments! I just love you guys!!!

Sorry, combination user error and functionality limitations (which could also be user error!!). ETA I think I fixed it! Also I don't apply foundation below my jaw line...my neck is natural color...

Pics in spoiler, in order, are:

1. Origins cc cream with no powder

2. Bare minerals powder

3. Bare minerals powder

4. This morning (and oops it was Lancôme in the crease, not the reddish color from vixen but everything else was the same as yesterday)

5. When I woke up from a nap this morning after I got home

Still looking for bare faced me hahaha

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Sorry, combination user error and functionality limitations (which could also be user error!!).

Pics in spoiler, in order, are:

1. Origins cc cream with no powder

2. Bare minerals powder

3. Bare minerals powder

4. This morning (and oops it was Lancôme in the crease, not the reddish color from vixen but everything else was the same as yesterday)

5. When I woke up from a nap this morning after I got home

Still looking for bare faced me hahaha

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find a naked faced me so I'll take one tonight. To truly appreciate the hard work of the foundation, you need to see what it's covering! LOL!!

Skincare...so you all know I love Algenist. I use their whole line...except the mask I haven't tried yet (I have it though). I'm doing 100% Algenist in the AM, and working through samples right now in the PM so it's kinda all over the board, but I am using Philosophy miracle worker overnight (black packet) over serum. I am alternating between Kate Somervilles RetAsphere and Dr. Jessica Wu Vivid Intense Vitamin C Serum. In the shower I use Algenist exfoliating something or other and their cleanser (pump, and the genius one -again alternating) and also use a couple times a week the philosophy micro exfoliating wash stuff, and finish with L'Occitanes Immortelle foaming face wash because I love the smell of it! I'm out of Origins right now, and might hold off getting more considering my supply of samples could cleanse a country!! And...I wish I was lying, but no, and I gift all things acne related because I have excess sebum - like BAD - but if I treat it, it gets worse! So I don't treat with anything acne specific and it is much more under control.

I also use Stages of Beauty for 40's formula moisturizer, and I really feel that helps with my sebum a lot. I use that once or twice a week, and lay it on thick. Usually put that one on alone, no companion products. I also use it when I have left over mascara around my eyes...i slather it on and wipe off all the excess mascara, then start whatever I feel the routine should be that day.

I've been doing more masks too, I tried the body shop vita E one (pink package) after I think it was @@Shalott that gave that it a shout out, and have a pineapple enzyme one I've used a few times. I always have like two boxes of masks that I hoard, and then I can never decide which ones to do, so I don't do any! Ugh. My. Brain. Hurts! When I do that Hahahaha!! Hmmm maybe I'll do a mask this afternoon actually. After my nap, which needs to be soon I'm kinda wiped out.

Oh! I don't use face oil yet, was worried about it with my sebum, but since Im about to get a years supply of some (and have a ton of Algenist samples) I'll prob give that a try too. I felt oil on oil would equal no Bueno, but I'll use it for a period of time and what it does for me. I'm not sure any of this is helpful at all, but with the compliments and question, definitely wanted to answer!! Hahahaha!

Listen here lady, I can't get my whole face in a selfie, that's how big my forehead is. It's like a fourteenhead.  You look flawless, and I can't get over how your skin is glowing! Are you still using the same illuminizer? :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And yep, I love The Body Shop's Vitamin E line - although I don't use every product in the line! My two favorites are the moisture mist and the illuminating moisture cream, but the serum, cleanser and night time moisturizer are lovely, too, just not my absolute faves. :smilehappyyes:

@@Shalott no illuminators just the philosophy foundations over primer. I'm kinda thinking today, looking at the pics from my face the past two days, that they are amazing. Even I did a double take on my own selfies! Camera angle must be very good and that's not a comment to how I look but more to the 'no shadow, no creases anywhere' observation. If I shower today (very sick, wah) I'll take pics outside. And I went to bed w/o taking makeup off last night so here is the raw me, complete with one swollen eye (which is better than the usual two swollen eyes!)...proceed with caution!!!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I haven't gotten any new coupons yet. Is it a 20% off prestige and fragrance too?
The coupon is actually very misleading. 

Rather than indicating that all prestige brands are excluded from the 20% off (like they normally do), the fine print on my coupon indicates that the discount is not valid on fragrance, Lancome, Clinique, Dermalogica, Urban Decay Vice LTD, Beauty Steals and Benefit Brow Services in addition to things like past purchases, etc... 

This would lead one to believe that other UD, Benefit, Too Faced etc... products that are not specifically excluded in the fine print would be included in the discount.  HOWEVER, if you try to buy something from one of these specifically non-excluded brands on the Ulta website and apply the coupon code, the discount does not apply to these prestige brand items.  These items do have specific verbiage on their product pages indicating that they are not eligible for coupons.

That being said, I have only tried to use my coupon code online not tried to use the coupon in store - I just can't bear dealing with the Ulta employees at the two stores closest to me.  I am curious to hear if anyone has luck using the discount with other UD, Too Faced, etc... products in store.

Frankly, I think this is a very deceptive marketing ploy, but I wouldn't expect less from Ulta... (Sorry for the rant, but Ulta continues to underwhelm me more and more each day :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />).

The coupon is actually very misleading. 

Rather than indicating that all prestige brands are excluded from the 20% off (like they normally do), the fine print on my coupon indicates that the discount is not valid on fragrance, Lancome, Clinique, Dermalogica, Urban Decay Vice LTD, Beauty Steals and Benefit Brow Services in addition to things like past purchases, etc... 

This would lead one to believe that other UD, Benefit, Too Faced etc... products that are not specifically excluded in the fine print would be included in the discount.  HOWEVER, if you try to buy something from one of these specifically non-excluded brands on the Ulta website and apply the coupon code, the discount does not apply to these prestige brand items.  These items do have specific verbiage on their product pages indicating that they are not eligible for coupons.

That being said, I have only tried to use my coupon code online not tried to use the coupon in store - I just can't bear dealing with the Ulta employees at the two stores closest to me.  I am curious to hear if anyone has luck using the discount with other UD, Too Faced, etc... products in store.

Frankly, I think this is a very deceptive marketing ploy, but I wouldn't expect less from Ulta... (Sorry for the rant, but Ulta continues to underwhelm me more and more each day :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />).
I haven't tried with this coupon, but the previous one I bought a liner (UD's Stash) and it took off 20%.  I'm not sure what I'm going to get with this coupon yet.  

I've only received the mailer, nothing via email.

Latest posts

Back