Urban Decay Smoked Palette?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like UD and don't have these shadow colors yet, I would say definitely worth it.  For the most part, though, I either have these colors or ones very similar to them.  So it's a no for me.  Not that I am not tempted- I just really need to lay off the shadow buying until I use up some of mine.  I don't have a Mushroom color though, but still.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True, not everyone will think it is a good value.

UD's eyeshadow formula works really well for me, and their liquid liner is holy grail status for me. So between the shadows and liner it is a good value to me.
as much as i want to pass on this, i am still going to get it. i agree, their 24/7 liquid liners are my hg too; wish ud expanded more colors. and omg, don't get me started on their shadows...love their range and so buttery!

ita- ive got 5 colors already and the others look similar to other colors i have so theres no reason id buy this. and even if i didnt have any of the colors this looks too bulky and id end up having to spend more money on a z or unii palette to depot it into so id probably just buy individual shades i really like and put them in that new empty ud palette which i already have.

I'm definitely passing on this. The limited edition shades aren't that special. at all. I'm still waiting on them to come out with a matte palette. And some powder blushes, aand nail polish that isn't limited edition. =/

I love UD but they've been kind of disappointing me lately.

Aw, this one is on my list and I'm glad it's now available on the UD website - but maybe next month.  I'd rather pick up the Nars Nordstrom cheek palette this month.

Love me some UD - especially now that they're not selling in China.  That move wasn't a true deal-breaker for me, but I wasn't pleased about it and was going to reduce the amount of UD I purchased unless I really loved it/needed it.  I own a *lot* of UD, it's by far my favorite brand!

Nice - I wish we had a Macy's nearby.  I'm a tad peeved it's $49 and free shipping is at $50 on the UD website.  I'll wait until it stumbles in at Sephora I guess.

If anyone wants the look-book only, Urban Decay is also selling it separately.  Thought that is cool since some girls have most of the colors.  I have Blackout and Evidence (both are 15th Anniversary palette shades) but that's it.  I've been eyeballing Mushroom, Loaded, and Rockstar forever so this is an awesome palette for me.

-L

Here's a copyright-free picture:

I haven't purchased this, and don't know if I will. I have my own opinions but I'd like to hear what others think before I voice them. You don't have to be a fan of Urban Decay to post, if you have problems with the brand or palette, I'd love to hear them!

Aww I didn't see it was available at Sephora and it's already sold out. I guess I'll just have to wait for the reminder email.

Aww I didn't see it was available at Sephora and it's already sold out. I guess I'll just have to wait for the reminder email.
Actually, on sephora.com " not in stock" is not the same as "sold out". They just haven't gotten it in yet, but put a placeholder up on the site. If you sign up for email they will let you know when it comes in. Or you could order it right now from Urban Decay's website.

I know for diehard UD fans this palette probably isn't all that innovative, but I only own the two Naked and 15th anniversary palettes myself and these are still colors I haven't splurged on separately. Definitely considering picking this up soon!

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, on sephora.com " not in stock" is not the same as "sold out". They just haven't gotten it in yet, but put a placeholder up on the site. If you sign up for email they will let you know when it comes in.

Or you could order it right now from Urban Decay's website.
That's what I meant to say lol. I much prefer to order from Sephora for the samples and points. I always sign up but I rarely get the email out when it's they initially get it in. Lucky me that happened to be today so I shall get my palette next week.  Yay, I'm excited
icon_cheers.gif
. And of course, I saw it on the website and have yet to recieve an email notification.

Thinking about this... But I think Im going to pass for a different palette. I have so many palettes already, I dont even think this would get any use. I barely even use my naked palette since I have so many brown colors.

Just got mine and the look book is stunning! I'm so surprised at all the detail put into it. I'd recommend the book on it's own, it's that nice. I can't wait to try some of them.

Okay, my palette just came in.  I love the shadows!!!  The mattes are great (and this is coming from someone who has most of UD's matte line).  

The look book is AWESOME-SAUCE.  I wish I could stay at home all day and play!   I tried one look today and I'm really pleased.

If I could change one thing, I would have made it like the Naked palettes: full-size shadows where the shadows are in that rectangular shape (and ideally with two more shadows!).  But that's the only thing.  The colors are great and only 2 are duplicates for me (Evidence/Blackout).  And I use Perversion the most, so having a spare is good  - although I might give it to someone since I have a full-size and travel-size backup already... I don't need two full-size backups really.  Frankly, it takes me forever to use up a full pencil.

Part of me wants to say yes, because it's PRETTY...but several of the colors look pretty in the pan but I know I'd never actually end up wearing (I do more lights and brights than darker colors), and the ones I would wear, I already have something similar enough to. So, for me, no.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Part of me wants to say yes, because it's PRETTY...but several of the colors look pretty in the pan but I know I'd never actually end up wearing (I do more lights and brights than darker colors), and the ones I would wear, I already have something similar enough to. So, for me, no.
I was looking at this at Sephora and I was like, "oooh, so pretty! I want it!" but then my husband was like, "those colors are really dark, I haven't really seen you wear stuff like that very often. It is really nice though" He did a good job of not only paying attention to what I do wear, but also unintentionally reminding me exactly why I don't need it. 

Back