Urban Decay Spring 2012 Launches

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I heard they were expanding the concealer shade range I got SO excited until I found out it were only on the darker end. CIA is still WAY too dark for my skin tone so I was hoping they would do one or 2 lighter shades as well 
sadno.gif
Dang girl, you can give Snow White a run for her month on fair complexions then! Your eyes must pop when you put shadow on, lucky girl.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dang girl, you can give Snow White a run for her month on fair complexions then! Your eyes must pop when you put shadow on, lucky girl.

Its honestly true. Im so pale I cant even find foundation in my color. I own some white liquid goth makeup I can mix in to make a custom blend, but it compromises the integrity of the original product so I just dont wear any. 

I dont own the concealers, but this is UD tinted moisturizer in Halo swatched on my forearm with a drop, then blended out. CIA is pretty comparable in color. As you can see im THAT pale 
fad.gif

It's not just pale but you look like you have a different undertone to your skin rather than the yellow or pink most people have. How do foundations with a pink undertone look on you? That swatch not only looks too dark for you but also too yellow. Have you tried using Coastal Scents Color Corrector in white? I'm not sure if they have it in stock right now. I know Temptu Pro has an Aqua Adjusters in white as well to adjust foundations.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not just pale but you look like you have a different undertone to your skin rather than the yellow or pink most people have. How do foundations with a pink undertone look on you? That swatch not only looks too dark for you but also too yellow. Have you tried using Coastal Scents Color Corrector in white? I'm not sure if they have it in stock right now. I know Temptu Pro has an Aqua Adjusters in white as well to adjust foundations.

I think the picture itself is a little funky cause of the poor quality. Between yellow and pink foundation, yellow is a closer match but I look better in pink blushes and hair colors. Being so pale you can see quite a bit of my blue veins through my skin, so i think thats what give me a slightly unique tone.

This is probably the truest to real life color picture i have. Im wearing pink blush, but you can see my skin color is closer to white than yellow or pink. thanks for the suggestions, I have not tried any of those correctors but ill have have to look them up. I use makeup forevers hd foundation so when i mix anything with it, it just doesnt seem to blend well or give them same quality results. The best one ive found is MACs white body makeup

I have the exact same problem as Amber and have to find a foundation or concealer that matches me. The best I can do is use a very fine and buffed out layer of MACs Shivering White mixed with a bit of MAC nc-15. 

Originally Posted by Tina Slaveone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the exact same problem as Amber and have to find a foundation or concealer that matches me. The best I can do is use a very fine and buffed out layer of MACs Shivering White mixed with a bit of MAC nc-15. 

I just made a seperate post about trying to find foundations for us pale girls! you should check it out =)

Perversion is my absolute fav black liner.  It is a matte super dark very black.  This is the first time this pencil is available individually.  I have, and love!, all three of these colors because I bought the 15th Anniversary set.  Yes, I really do love the UD pencils that much.  I tend to be really oily around the eyes even with good primers and makeup, and these still stay put even on my waterline.  They are a bit expensive, but to me they are worth it.  I haven't tried the lip pencils or concealers yet.

Back