Urban Decay's NAKED Basics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the topic of Naked Basics - this palette is too little to late from UD. The colors are not unique and I can already tell I have multiple dupes of each one. The last four shades look spot on the same as the mattes in Stila's In the Light palette. 

I like the idea of a "just the basics" palette, but I think it would have been better with an even mix of mattes and shimmers, like the Wet n Wild Vanity palette, or with more unique matte shades, like theBalm Meet Matt(e) palette.

I'm definitely going to get this--but I'm going to wait til Jan/Feb when it's avail at Sephora.  I plan to get VIB for the first time and want to maximize it.  I use my Naked palette every day, but I always wish there were more matte options.  When my skin is drier in the winter, I don't think shimmer/sparkle looks all that spectacular.  

If I didn't already have the Naked palette, the Lorac Pro Palette would be very tempting.  I like that there's a balance of matte and shimmery. 

I barely made dents on my Naked1 and 2 palettes. I have other palettes from theBalm and tarte as well. I may get this but not soon.

For those who want to get some UD products, i read UD has free shipping promo for purchases $35 or more until the year ends!

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

will be posting the full review tomorrow :] just a quick sneak peek!
So i told myself i would wait to get it but omg i want it now. Too bad im broke and I probably wont be able to get it until jan/feb

I want it, but my skin is too pale for most of the lighter shades. I think the shades are nice compliments to the other palettes, but I don't find them truly special in any way.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, I want it now lol.
it's so hard not to want it... =[

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

TEASE!
not even haha :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by diana16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So i told myself i would wait to get it but omg i want it now. Too bad im broke and I probably wont be able to get it until jan/feb
it's okay! you can get it on sephora or ulta for POINTS AND CHEAPER SHIPPING.. just saying ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I could post up the review tonight but I am doing something additional to my review that some people will like.. I will update you guys tomorrow when I post the review up =]

The shades look AMAZING on you. Were these multiple swatches of each color? I got my palette today and the lighter shades don't show up on my skin tone very well unfortunately. 

will be posting the full review tomorrow :] just a quick sneak peek!
The

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The shades look AMAZING on you. Were these multiple swatches of each color? I got my palette today and the lighter shades don't show up on my skin tone very well unfortunately. 

The
it didn't take much for the shadows to show up on my skin tone! =]

edit - & thank you! :] i used their primer potion underneath if that helps!

it didn't take much for the shadows to show up on my skin tone! =]

edit - & thank you! :] i used their primer potion underneath if that helps!
Ah...good point about the primer (which I always use).

I just swatched them dry on my wrist quickly...but maybe primer will help intensify the colors.

Thanks! I look forward to your blog post!

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah...good point about the primer (which I always use).

I just swatched them dry on my wrist quickly...but maybe primer will help intensify the colors.

Thanks! I look forward to your blog post!
tell me if the primer potion helps! =] thank you. i will be posting it tomorrow!

Keep in mind these are mattes and mattes tend to be temperamental and usually require a primer. Mattes and I do NOT get along. LOL

Keep in mind these are mattes and mattes tend to be temperamental and usually require a primer. Mattes and I do NOT get along. LOL
I want colorful mattes though! but I think that's what Inglot is for.. lol!

to be honest.. it isn't bad without a primer ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I JUST got the Naked + Naked 2 palette (yeah, I' officially the last person ever to get it), but I really do want to get this to go along with it. I think it was a great idea on Urban Decay's part. And I love the swatches! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I JUST got the Naked + Naked 2 palette (yeah, I' officially the last person ever to get it), but I really do want to get this to go along with it. I think it was a great idea on Urban Decay's part. And I love the swatches! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
nah I don't have them yet, but really want em!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

nah I don't have them yet, but really want em!

hahah good then I don't feel so bad;) My mom got them for me as an early Christmas present(s) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back