Using paint brushes as makeup brushes??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paint and reccomend using only the synthetic brushes and washing them carefully before use. Animal paint brushes are primed with varying chemicals which can be toxic, plus the texture is very very different.

I reccomend the synthetic sets on MisterArt.com They are all under $10 and you get lots of brushes and sizes and types. I bought them initially for painting but found that the smaller ones are perfect for eyeliner / applying bases / applying pigments wet.

Sorry if I repeated what others said, no time to read the thread.

Yes! I just became interested in makeup but I've watched a zillion youtube videos about brushes and I just went to Michaels and picked out a brand I loved and wrote down what sizes I needed. Then I went online and found the cheapest website to buy that brand (and then I knew what sizes I wanted). I got them for $2-5 each online and they were from $6-10 each at Michaels.

So far I really really LOVE Robert Simmons Expression brushes. They are synthetic but feel just like real hair, really smooth and soft. I bought two filbert size 8, one filbert size 6, one filbert size 4, one angle shader 1/4", one angle shader 1/8" (both great for liner), one spotter 5/0, one round size 1. I couldn't find any good foundation or blush mops in this brand they were very scratchy and not the right shape. I don't want to use real hair but the Robert Simmons Sapphire (sable hair) had some good large oval shaped brushes. I already had two Ecco Bella vegan brushes, a blush mop and a eyeshadow mop I think the 3/8 size. I prefer the filberts to the mops for regular lid application.

I don't know why anyone would want to spend $40 on a brush! AH! I was so glad to see these because I want to do multiple color looks and need at least 4 clean brushes.

I have some makeup brushes that actually are paint brushes. One flat that is so perfect for foundation and cocnealer on large areas, one flat for the eyeshadow (all over) as well undereye concealer, two rounded for the inner corners and crease.

I think you can totally use them, and it saves more cash for the powder and slanted blush/contour brushes, which i didn't find in all the ranges and brands available to me.

The brand i use is called Leonard, apparently it's a great paint brushes brand, i'm not an artist so i can only trust the internet, but they're great and cheap.

Originally Posted by Charlene /img/forum/go_quote.gif I live by my L/C Maxine's Mop brushes in 1/4. They are like, $3 at the craft store. Super awesome for looks with lots of colors - I have a clean brush for each color application. I love my Maxine's Mop 1/4 as well! It's great for precise application on the inner corners of my eyes.

Back