Vaseline for the face?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually use it all the time and I've never had any problems, I do it before bed and I also use it to take off my makeup when I use dark colors.
Yeah my mom uses it to remove her eye makeup

It works fairly well.  Maybe not as well as some lotions, but definitely well enough if you don't want to spend the money for lotions and things.

well you should put on a thin layer. how i do it is i take maybe a tip of a fingerful, put it in the palm of my other hand, splash some cold water over it to help close my pores, rub my hands together, and lather over my face. it should feel like water going over your face, but then the water dries and you're left with a thin layer of vaseline, that may or may not get on your pillow :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

its been a month now and I've been using Vaseline on my eyelashes, and lips. Its done wonders! My eyelashes grew :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it looks even thicker and longer now YAY! I've been trying to do this since my eyelashes decided it was time to not look good with out mascara on! 

Vaseline for face? I've been reading others post and my face has been dry from the cold weather now.. and i live in a really dry area so it doesn't help my skin at all.. so would using Vaseline be a help? i dont think i'll be putting it all over my face but just the dry areas.. and from experience would this make my face look shiny under foundation since it'll be more moisturized?

I am in my mid 40s and live in the northeast.  my skin is DRY so i have resorted to drastic measures this season.  I use Vaseline on my face at night, but not straight up - I blend it with something creamier and more mild (Olay, Ponds).  It blends very well, and is very soothing on the face.  I wake up with a nice glow and no flakiness.  My face is more ready for light makeup in the morning.  Blending it with something a little creamier allows me to get the benefits of the oil without feeling like I am sleeping on a grease plate.  No breakouts.

Nope, I don't use it. I do, however, use an alternative when my lips are chapped or I use it around my eyes before bed. It's Alba Botanica Un-petroleum multipurpose jelly. 

It's good for dry elbows. Also good for dry, hard skin on feet. Apply it to your feet before bed and the put your socks on - Soft feet in the morning!

I definately want to try this, was also afraid it would clog my pores and what not. Will give it a try and report back my findings.

I used vaseline a few years ago and stopped to try other products - and then went back to using it every night at the begining of March this year. I'm in my mid 30's with acne prone skin, dark circles, and dryness. Vaseline has helped me with all of those. I was using an Olay eye cream for about a year and it did not get rid of the crepeness (spelling??) and dark circles but the vaseline did. It has also made my eyelashes seem thicker. I put on a retinol cream from ROC and then just straight vaseline at night. Hasn't broken me out at all, my skin is acting better since it seems more moisturized. I recommend it highly.

This is a very interesting thread. I've never used Vasoline as a face moisturizer, other than on my lips when they are chapped. I'm going to look into this more. Thanks!

I only use it after having a cold around my nose.  If I use it too much all over my skin it gets too oily and I don't really like the way it feels.  It is very heavy.

My whole life I've used Vaseline on my lips and cheeks during cold weather, but lately I've been using it alot more. It's the only moisturizer I use at night after washing my face. Put a thin layer on, go to sleep, and when you wash your face in the morning you'll have a nice healthy glow. One amazing thing I've discovered from this is that it is amazing on your eyelashes!!! I've been using it on my lashes for only 5 days and they have gotten longer and thicker, definetley happy with the results :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use it often and I love it.

A friend's grandmother uses it every night, and aside from her old-lady hairdo, you'd never be able to guess her age. Her face is completely smooth and unlined.

Vaseline works best on chapped lips and wind burn. Also as a make up remover but haven't used it as face moisturizer. A hand and foot moisturizer maybe since it works on cracked heels too. 

I try to stay away from petroleum jelly. In the winter, I had a terrible cold that left the sides of my nose rubbed raw and chapped. I put Vaseline on it and broke out like a nightmare. I used to apply a little bit on my lips in the center though, where they tend to get dry, and had no problems.

I can't say I've ever used Vaseline on my face.  I did know of a gal who liked to rub it on her teeth to keep her smiling during pagents.  I tried but couldn't stand it on my teeth
smile.gif

I have tried many products on my face, expensive products and to my finding they are not as effective as Vaseline. I decided to try vas out because all my siblings that have good skin use vaseline, i thought i was more sophisticated and needed something fancy, so I tried lots of products. When my cousin told me she uses Vaseline I thought it would clog my pores and it would worsen my break outs, (which I get every time i use something different) Amazingly i have had zero break outs, my skin is so soft and moist. its winter in south africa now, and my skin has never looked better. Im sold! Plus its cheap..

Check out my blog on beauty and lifestyle for the modern girl-on-the-go!! Running in Heels Blog

*link removed by mod*

I can't live without Vaseline, I've tried. I go through a tube of lip gloss a week if I don't have

any Vaseline. I've used it for about 25 years--I started as a teen because I was obsessed with

Marilyn Monroe. I use it mostly on my lips, but I will put it all over if I feel I need it. Using

Vaseline as lip gloss for 25 years makes me feel like anything healthy I do is probably

for nothing. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 But, you only live once, may as well have soft lips, eh?

Back