Very Interesting....Creme de la mer vs. Nivea

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i gotta agree. mineral oil and petrolium? for how much money?!! i think not.

xoxo

bee

even though its very expensive, i heard that the creme la mer is worth it.

i also hear good things abt nivea

its all abt preference, i guess

I'm really unimpressed with them having mineral oil in La Mer. You expect that from cheaper brands but when they're charging ridiculous amounts for their skin care, they should be using an oil that has a few more benefits in it than mineral oil.

Having said that, I do think mineral oil has an un-necessarily bad rap that some 'natural is best' people have put out there. At the end of the day I've never found any studies that prove that mineral clogs pores or anything, it doesn't, it's non-comodegenic, it's the least likely oil to cause any reactions…. Natural is not always best.

However, I personally don't like the feeling that mineral oil leaves on my skin and my already horribly dry skin becomes dryer if I use creams with it in. There are much better oils available for skin care.

There is a place for it but I just don't believe that place is in a £100 or whatever jar of face cream.

Let me just tell you that I saw on TV that buying expensive moisturizers is just a waste of money and that you can actually use lard or Vaseline and have the same results. YUCK!!! I know I wouldn't go that far using lard, but I would definitely use Vaseline. :scared:

i have heard this a lot and my response is always 'if it was on tv then it must be true'.

everyone has got an opinion. i heard that consumer reports says OOO is the best product out there. not for me. first OOO/PG tests on animals. that makes them one of the worst products on my list. second OOO products have tons of fragrances in them and my face cannot take perfume being put on it.

everyone has different skin, different needs. i think that, along with the kagillions of $$ being spent by us on beauty products, is the reason there are so many choices out there.

xoxo

bee

Back