Vitamins that aid weight loss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are you doing other things for this weight loss or just taking that stuff? Are you eating the same amount or have you dramatically decreased your caloric intake?  How long have you been doing this for?  How much have you lost? How much are you planning to loose?  

Originally Posted by crstal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hello there.  I recently bought a Chlorophyll and Vitamin D3 liquid vitamin concentrated drink from my local independent grocery store in the vitamin isle.  You may also be able to get this at a health food store but not sure.  Its naturally mint flavored, and you put 1 tbsp in with your water twice daily.  I have already seen significate weight off my waist and a little of my upper thighs.  Its a very gross deep green color...taste much better then it looks.  Maybe try this??

Hmm ? Hello ? Since when do vitamins help losing weight ? As far as i know vitamins (and minerals) are needed by your body to live in good health. That's it. So sure taking vitamins that you may not be getting through your diet will help your body get in a better shape, but only as a consequence will it help you loose weight.

First, don't take vitamins you don't need, it's a waste of money. Besides, most of them when in excess go to waste, some like vitamin D on the contrary are very hard to eliminate and can cause problems as well. Have you taken the time to get your vitamin D correctly measured by a blood analysis? This is one of the few vitamins you have to get checked by a doctor. Are you taking magnesium as well ? Because an overdose of vitamin D can cause calciferation, which magnesium prevents from happening.

As an example of a dosage, i was severely deprived of vitamin D and calcium because of food intolerances that made my intestines unable to absorb food properly. For the first month, daily, i was to take 800 international units pure or diluted in a glass of water, plus two tabs of calcium containing each 400 IU. So that meant 1600UI per day. Then i was to take vitamin D for still the same dose twice a week only, while still taking two tablets of calcium. That was three months ago. Now i'm going to see my doctor new thursday and get another blood checkup prescribed before i continue taking vitamin D.

Although i don't know what is the dose you take exactly, and without the will of souding patronising, i would suggest checking your vitamin D levels.

Really!!!There are really have some vitamin which is effective to loose weight. Thank you guys for the thread. This is really informative.

Vitamin B12!   I have been researching for the past few months on which vitamins and which deficiency in certain vitamins are connected to certain physical and psychological problems.  And just to throw it in, fish oil has worked wonders for my stubborn acne....I was on antibiotics, birth control everything, but I wanted to take a more natural route, and fish oil works just as well, because of the anti-inflammatory properties it has, and it controls cystic acne..

Back to the Vitamin B12 and B complex, I think this is one of the most important vitamins because it is related to energy, metabolism and necessary "for the breakdown and utilization of proteins fats and carbohydrates".  B12 is tied to fatty acid synthesis and energy production in the body and liver.

Unlike some of the other vitamins where a slight deficiency won't have a great toll on your health, only a very small lack of b12 in your diet will lead to numerous problems.  Also..something else about the B-Complex is that it's the first vitamin that is used up in your body so thats why it's important to take a supplement..Whenever I think of B12, I think of celebrities taking B12 shots for energy 
burnout.gif

So this chart, it shows a link between physical problems and which vitamin you may have a deficiency in: http://www.health-science-spirit.com/deficiency.html

I don't think it says anything about weight but if you have other problems..like oily hair or brittle nails ^ 

In love with this thread.

But i have one major question: How do i know what i can and cant mix? For example im on daily multi vits which i take in the morning. i mix these with evening primrose ones at night and im already stressing that i might be overdosing. None of them say do not take with others... does that mean its safe enough???

after reading this thread theres a few i want to try so do you all reckon its ok to mix these throughout the day? Might sounds stupid but im honestly clueless about this....

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How many vitamins/supplements are you considering taking and which ones?   I like to space mines out, I take the B-complex supplement + fish oil with my first meal, and multi-vitamin and Vitamin C supplement at night.

Unless you are taking toxic-high doses of them, just be sure to space them out with each meal so it gives your body time to digest and utilize them.  Actually for people that only require 1 multi-vitamin, doctors recommend splitting it in half, taking 1 half in the morning, the other at night, because your body needs it not only in the day, but in the night as well....  Also, for B-Complex, any extra that the body doesn't need will just excrete from the urine  

But if you're in doubt, just google the "toxicity" levels for whatever you are going to take, and make sure not to exceed the daily maximum limit set by the FDA.

Also just to point out, the "fat soluble" vitamins (Vitamin A, D, and E) are not recommended to be taken in high dosages because they are stored in the liver and fatty tissues of the body and remain in the body longer than other vitamins.

Originally Posted by Annamarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In love with this thread.

But i have one major question: How do i know what i can and cant mix? For example im on daily multi vits which i take in the morning. i mix these with evening primrose ones at night and im already stressing that i might be overdosing. None of them say do not take with others... does that mean its safe enough???

after reading this thread theres a few i want to try so do you all reckon its ok to mix these throughout the day? Might sounds stupid but im honestly clueless about this....

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sure no problem 
smile.gif
 I was worried too when I started my regimen but my whole family has been taking supplements like this for years..

I take the Herbalife programme - It is a fully balnced meal with full RDA of vits for the day plus a thermogenic green tea!  Don't take it for weightloss but because i needed energy but lost some weight too.  Its great, tastes good I would thorughly recommend it to anyone - contact me if you want further details!

Awesome thread. So glad I found it. I just started taking a b complex on the advice of the pharmacist.

[spam link deleted]

I take vitamins and then a good exercise habit and a good diet, eating habit as well. It helps me a lot and saves me money other than paying other to make me fit.

I love this thread I bought some of the mega green tea but I havent tried it yet didnt know if it would work.I just have so much trouble drinking my water like I should and staying away from code reds mt dew.I also have a problem knowing what to eat need help.Thanks
smilehappyyes.gif

Actually, there are certain vitamins that can aid in weight loss because sometimes the lack of these vitamins are what affect your metabolism especially as you get older. I've researched this a lot because I didn't want to take diet pills or do fad diets that are detrimental to heart health. I just wanted to be healthier in my 40's as well as lose weight. I take a daily women's vitamin+ calcium, magnesium, and a B complex vitamin. The magnesium is a "wonder" vitamin because it is actually for bone health, but the good side effects of taking it are improved moods and weight loss. This is because it lowers bad hormones like cortisol that increase in women as they get older which lowers our metabolism. So, by lowering cortisol it allows calcium to be absorbed by our bones, helps our moods and metabolism. B-complex also helps our energy levels and aids in weight loss. I run and exercise nearly everyday and until I started taking supplements to give my body what it was lacking as I got older, I wasn't losing and toning as fast as I would have liked. Now, I'm 41yrs old, 5'8" tall and weight approx. 135lbs. Btw, I have 4 kids, 3 of which I had in under a year (1 and then twins when he was 11.5 mons old). So, they definitely took a toll on the old middle section, Lol!  I've lost over 30lbs and I look and feel sooo much better!  In fact, most people think I'm around 30 yrs old. It may not work for everyone, but eating better and supplementing what I'm lacking has really helped me tremendously! I've learned a lot from Dr. Oz and am still trying to be healthier everyday.

Back