WARNING!!! Avoid Cult Cosmetics Black Box!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG. I didn't know this was a bad subscription box or bad polishes. Just bought 2 nail art kits and they offered me the Black Box for $9.99 and it has a huge tool and brush set with it. " Spring Fling" is the name.

What can I do? I posted in " Nail Art" about the sale B1G1 on the kits. I didn't KNOW. I'm shocked this type of post didn't make it onto the other thread about them. Obviously, I read the older thread only.
I ordered from them back in January. I canceled shortly after receiving the box as the polishes chipped quickly, and I wasn't a fan for the price. After receiving an email confirmation that my account had been canceled, I noticed another charge on my credit card the following month. I called my CC company and disputed the charge and I also sent a follow up email to Cult expressing my annoyance at having been charged despite my possession of a confirmed cancellation. They apologized and refunded my account, but my CC company promised to alert me to any additional charges. Haven't had a problem since.

I hope that helps you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ordered from them back in January. I canceled shortly after receiving the box as the polishes chipped quickly, and I wasn't a fan for the price. After receiving an email confirmation that my account had been canceled, I noticed another charge on my credit card the following month. I called my CC company and disputed the charge and I also sent a follow up email to Cult expressing my annoyance at having been charged despite my possession of a confirmed cancellation. They apologized and refunded my account, but my CC company promised to alert me to any additional charges. Haven't had a problem since.

I hope that helps you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thank you for telling me. I had billing issues with Glossybox for a while and Julep too. Both had really snippy CS if you could even reach them. Glossybox used to have people on cell phones with their babies crying in the background trying to figure out what was wrong with the charges they had overbilled. 

I am sad to hear that this polish isn't good. There's another thread where people like it. I am kind of schizo over it all to be honest. When Zadi says there's a problem, I know there's a problem. She loves her polish. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

GiGI

Thank you for telling me. I had billing issues with Glossybox for a while and Julep too. Both had really snippy CS if you could even reach them. Glossybox used to have people on cell phones with their babies crying in the background trying to figure out what was wrong with the charges they had overbilled.

I am sad to hear that this polish isn't good. There's another thread where people like it. I am kind of schizo over it all to be honest. When Zadi says there's a problem, I know there's a problem. She loves her polish. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

GiGI
Sometimes when polish is really good on someone I know, it chips on me and vice versa. You could always give it a chance and see how it works for you - maybe other ladies on here used a different base or top coat than I did. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As far as the billing issues: I'm not doubting anyone in this forum. Maybe I got lucky, but at the end of the day I jumped as soon as I saw an issue and it was fairly quickly resolved. Hopefully you don't have ANY issues, but if you do I wish you luck! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I subscribed to this box a couple months ago for the dollar box or penny box. whatever it was, lol. anyway, i liked the polish colors. as far as how long they last, i only wear my polish for a couple of days at the most before i take it off and change it, lol. I havent noticed any problems with the polish for me, though. anyway, i forgot to cancel so they charged me for the next box. i forgot to change my address so they shipped it to my old one and the post office sent the package back because they don't forward packages. I emailed cult cosmetics, and they sent me another one to my correct address for free. even though it was my fault for not changing my address. I thought that was nice of them. I went ahead and canceled though because i also get Julep sometimes and have so much polish. I canceled without a problem and havent been charged since. I'm sure everyone has different experiences, though. Just thought I would share mine.

THANK YOU so much for the updated answers.

I added it up and with the sale for the nail art kits and the sale sub which has a whole packet of nail art tools, I spent very little money, actually.

AND, what I didn't say is that I have never done " nail art" so there's a very good chance that the quality of the POLISH is the last thing people notice, LOL.

I'm forewarned about their subscription box charges now, and will unsub tomorrow. If they try any CC overcharges, I'll yell " Chargebacks" for all my merchandise from them so fast that they will be happy to refund the unwanted ongoing subscription charge.

I've lived through " Glossygate" and the Look Bag fiasco X2, so I can handle this. CC fraud hints are like garlic to a vampire.. LOL.

Well, I got 5 or 6 nice size bottles of CULT nail polish, some very smelly makeup brushes ( musty smell- will throw them away), and some sort of nail art tool kit. No directions or instructions were with the kit.

I've never done nail art, so I guess this will be in one of my vanity baskets until I decide to get energetic enough to try to hunt down the instructions somewhere. 

It's really chintzy not to put the danged directions for what you are selling a customer as a "Nail Art KIT". Like I know how to make pinky- peach leopard nails with brown, gold and dark green added in as accents ??? ( they totally match a box of Too Faced Pink Leopard blush I have so I had to have them).

I cancelled everything. I don't think they will be charging me in the future. Still, most of the polishes look wearable except for a dark green one.. Oh, and one box hasn't arrived yet. I think it has three bottles of polishes for $10, so I'm not going to worry about it either way.. Just glad to be rid of the company.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have billed me and never sent me anything 2 times already, Do not answer email   buyers beware
I definitely do not recommend this company or their " Black Box".  I'm just hopeful that they will leave me alone. I don't even know how they got my email to send me the promo about the kits on sale. Kind of predatory..

I am so sorry that they ripped you off, Megan2. 

Oh dear I subbed to these guys today, and I guess I didn't do my homework well enough because I saw this! I have read bad things about them in several places! Has anyone had any other issues with them still charging the credit cards? I tried to take mine off the site and it wouldn't let me.

Once the month is over I'm going to sub to rainbow honey, it has good reviews all over the place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back