Wash your face...Warm or Cold water? what's better?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by jmgjmg623 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with the myths, it's all in your head. Lukewarm here! I think you're right..

I've heard that warm water is the key. It's supposed to open up the pores slightly which is supposed to be good for cleansing I think??? I'm no expert
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ag10v /img/forum/go_quote.gif i prefer to wash my face in warm water to get dirt and makup completely out and then I splash cold water on afterwards to close my pores. This is what I have always been told from the time I was a teenager in charm school

I use warm water to wash my face! The only time I rinse my face with cold water is when I take an extremely hot shower and I need to cool off!
laughs.gif

It's best to use warm water when cleansing your face because cold water doesn't dissolve the leftover traces of dirt in your skin. Hot water is no good, either, because it will make your skin more dry over time.

Washing with very cold or hot water can shock or burn the skin which can cause mild skin irritation and irritation is generally not a good thing...that is why I always wash with tepid water.

i'll wash with tepid water- moderate cold usually( For sume reason alternating warm and cold seems to give me breakouts)

Not too cold or too hot, anything extreme is not good for your skin. So I would say lukewarm!

Luke warm for me. When I was in cosmetology school they told us about the Warm= open pores cold = closed pores myth. But I do think that Warm water helps cleansers (unless instructions say different) take off makeup and helps remove oil. But extreme temps are not good for your skin.

My 2 cents.

Peace~

Rose

I heard that using very cold water, eg ice water on your face causes broken capillaries on it, blue and red broken veins. While using very warm/ hot water can age the skin on the face. Personally, i use both cold and warm water to wash my face, but I prefer cold as it makes my face feel more refresh after washing it.

I have oily skin so washing with cold water just won't do the job. I've finally been persuaded that WARM NOT HOT water is best, although I used to love the feel of a steamy hot washcloth pressed on my face. My understanding is that ANY extreme temp isn't good for you and can result in those dreaded spider veins/broken capillaries etc.

i think warm water first to open pores and clean and the cold water to close them ... but i could be wrong after reading the messages above LOL
smile.gif
xx

i like to use warm to wash, it opens the pores and after cleaning i rinse with cold to close the pores.

Back