What are the best oils for dry skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Olive oil is natural and is a tried an tested method for hydration. Also, drink plenty of water (common sense).

Hello Maidulm, 

I was recently facing a similar problem- partially very dry skin, even though I rather tend to have a combination skin with the regular t-zone. 

Anyway, while I was searching for a good product to overcome this problem, I came across a very lovely company called: Arganlounge. 

All of their products- Oils and Elixiers are based on minimum 70% of pure Argan Oil that they mix with the new developments in skin care- though all natural. 

I decided to give it a try and ordered the pure Oil and the firming face oil. The pure oil is also a great product for my hair, that tends to be dry due to straightening & co. 

All I can say is: the products are phantastic!  I saw and felt a huge difference right after the first application. I have been using their products for a week now and I love them! Dry skin was 2014! 2015 is certainly glowing and smooth skin thanks to their magic products. 

I just ordered other items of that brand: Arganlounge.com 

Hello Maidulm,

I was recently facing a similar problem- partially very dry skin, even though I rather tend to have a combination skin with the regular t-zone.

Anyway, while I was searching for a good product to overcome this problem, I came across a very lovely company called: Arganlounge.

All of their products- Oils and Elixiers are based on minimum 70% of pure Argan Oil that they mix with the new developments in skin care- though all natural.

I decided to give it a try and ordered the pure Oil and the firming face oil. The pure oil is also a great product for my hair, that tends to be dry due to straightening & co.

All I can say is: the products are phantastic! I saw and felt a huge difference right after the first application. I have been using their products for a week now and I love them! Dry skin was 2014! 2015 is certainly glowing and smooth skin thanks to their magic products.

I just ordered other items of that brand
Argan Oil is full of Omega 3 & 6, as well as Vitamin A&E- dry skin is a clear sign of too little Omega 3. On top of that, this oil also gives your skin elasticity due to the vitamins contained in it. On top of that, the oil contains antioxidant properties, personally, Im totally dedicated to antioxidant effects

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I've found that oils alone are never enough for my dry skin. Plus, you're only getting the benefits of that one oil, instead of a bunch of different antioxidants that you could get with a moisturizer. Instead, I like to add a drop or two of face oil into my moisturizer day and night, which helps a great deal. I'm using argan oil right now, but anything not heavily fragranced that could be potentially irritating will do. Just make sure it's 100% pure oil, and not mixed with silicones or other things (not that silicones are necessarily bad, it's just not pure oil). I wouldn't say there's one best oil that does it all, since each have their benefits. Jojoba, argan, many are good. I would just stay away from essential oils like lavender, which is pretty strongly scented and could irritate the skin (though I don't know your skin so I can't say for sure). 

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many wonderful oils that can be used as a carrier along with Shea Butter. (Notice the term, "carrier".) My favorites are Avacado and almond.

I am planning on making my own body cream. And here are the ingredients that I plan on adding amongst others:

• Shea Butter
  • Almond Oil
  • Avacado oil
  • Portulaca extract
  • Manuka honey
  • Royal jelly
  • The Portulaca and Royal Jelly are what I feel are the most important anti aging aspect of the cream.  You can look up each of the ingredients that I have chosen for their properties, but let me show you those two.
http://www.skindredsoul.com/knowledge/mother_nature/portulaca_extracthttp://www.livestrong.com/article/123573-royal-jelly-benefits-skin/

So what I am trying to show you is that a multi ingredient product can do so much more than a single oil. In fact, many oils alone will just clog your pores.

I have also been experimenting making a body butter.   It all started because I now use Monsia Skincare and 2 of it's ingredients are shea butter and jojoba oil.  

I want to use lanolin, refined shea butter, jojoba oil, castor bean oil and peppermint essential oil.   The first was too hard because I used unrefined shea butter and jojoba oil only.   I am waiting for the lanolin, refined shea butter, castor bean oil and peppermint essential oil to arrive.   From reading your post I guess adding Portulaca extract might help to keep age at bay as well?   Interesting.

Argan Oil is the best Option for dry skin , One of my girlfriends has been using it daily and noticed amazing results after few weeks . And I advice you to order it from a Moroccan Provider .

Good Luck. 

I use Ora's Amazing Herbal Face Oil Serum.  It's all natural which helps since I have sensitive skin and has absorbed the best out of all of the ones I have tried.  Reduced redness, freckles, and acne as well.

Back