What Can I Do To Help Improve My Concentration?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For quite a while now I've had problems with my concentration. I often find it hard to focus and in college my mind wanders all the time.

I can deal with it and it doesn't effect my learning much but it's very frustrating and it means I have to work quite a bit harder than I would do if I didn't have the problem. I've always just dealt with it in the past, tried to get on with it and just accepted the fact that I don't have great concenration I guess but it's really starting to irritate me and my work-load at college will be increasing when I go back in September and I just want to be more able to deal with it, if that makes sense?

So, I was wondering if there was anything you guys could recommend to help improve my concentration a little bit? Like different types of food and stuff? Although I'm not expecting miracles lol

It's just really starting to bug me so any replies would be appreciated
smile.gif

Thanks for the article Karren!
smile.gif

I've never tried Ginkgo Biloba so maybe I should give that a go, I tried ginseng and it gave me an energy boost but that wasn't a good thing because then I couldn't sit still which wasn't great for my concentation
tongue.gif
haha!

lol. ginseng is good. i also stuff up on magnesium. we are all different i suppose, but listening to music helps me concentrate. no metal or nothing exciting just nice pop songs, or some relaxing music, i like to listen to stuff like Enya, Loreena McKennitt, Mike Oldfield, Era...

In feng shui it is also said you have to separate your work area of your "non working" area.

I also have the well established habit of brewing a teapot, lol, there's caffeine in it, so it's not that weird according to Karren's article.

Omega-3 fatty acids really help. Try to google it up and you'll find so many helpful information about them. I used to take them.

I saw some dark chocolate that had Omega-3 in it at GNC last week. Haha I was about to get them and the cashier guy was like "OMG, dont buy them, they're soo friikkin nasty!" So I just ended up buying my vitamins. What an honest guy. =]

Yeah, school can be hard if you cant focus or concentrate. =/

Good luck with finding a remedy.

Thankyou for the replies everyone!
smile.gif

Just read one of your links Nuri and apparantly I should definatley be getting myself out of bed and eating breakfast on a morning! I never eat breakfast lol

You should Katie!

i agree with Mag haha
biggrin.gif

It does make a difference, even if its just a tiny bit of breakfast
smile.gif

Haha yeah, I know I should but I never have an appetite first thing on a morning so I always leave it. I'm gunna start trying though. I should keep a food diary to shame myself into eating breakfast and more 'brain food' lol
tongue.gif

Back