What did you get at Ulta this week??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the same one and the green set is on its way to me as well. I'll keep playing with them see if I can get them to work.

hmmm i'm kinda confused? what isnt working with them?? i did a simple smoky eye with mine and had no trouble with the colors showing, in fact i had to tone down a few of the darker ones..  i used brushes to apply, not those lil sponge tings they supplied...  the green set is sooo pretty!!

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmmm i'm kinda confused? what isnt working with them?? i did a simple smoky eye with mine and had no trouble with the colors showing, in fact i had to tone down a few of the darker ones..  i used brushes to apply, not those lil sponge tings they supplied...  the green set is sooo pretty!!
I use brushes as well and when I do swatches, I'm having to do upwards of 4 - 5 passes before there is any color. I'll take pics tomorrow.

I got the orange set. I haven't used both quads but the one I did use was OK. Its good if you want a softer look. I haven't really played with them yet though. I have lots of other Ulta e/s and i think these are definitely not as good.

Has anyone tried the eye shadow that came in the freebie bags? I'm not impressed with it at all.

The swatches I tried to do didn't come out cause it was hard to get any color to actually transfer.

My paradise bloom order is in!!  Yay!

I still need to do my swatches from the Purple set and now the Green set. Should have that up this week

Just a few pics of my order:

Stupidly, I left out the mascara.

Love this cream eyeshadow!

This lip balm is great.

are you happy with your makeup???
i wanted to get a balm but i just bought kiehls #1 so ill try ultas after that is gone.. 

Originally Posted by Hezzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a few pics of my order:

Stupidly, I left out the mascara.

Love this cream eyeshadow!

This lip balm is great.

I have like 5 Ulta e/s (besides the free kit I received with my order) and I love them. And I have the portfolio make up kit they had out in October, its awesome. I really don't think you'll be disappointed with anything in your order. I have tons of stuff from Nyx and I can honestly say that that there's not one thing I don't like. Let me know how you like the lip stain when you get it.
Not over the moon about the stain- It lasts okay (there's still color after I eat), and the color is really nice, like a slightly pinker natural lip color, but it tastes terrible. It takes about 5 minutes to dry down and that's enough time for the taste to fade, but it was certainly a shock the first time I tried it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Otherwise, I love all the shadows I got (Lustre and those in the Countryside free bag)- I tried them today with a primer and they've lasted and blended together really well. And the blush, mascara, and lip gloss in the kit were great, too.

The brushes in the free kit are terrible.

I ended up returning the Nyx palette- I got a couple of the Pixi/ Pop palettes from HauteLook, and didn't need that much shadow right now. Plus, the pans in the Nyx set were tiny.

Overall, thrilled with my first purchase- With the free bag, I feel like I got SO much stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's my order!

The whipped shadow is a little...complicated for me? lol, it got everywhere and looked really messy so I ended up blending it with a powder. How do you apply it hezzie? 

The lipstain is ok, it has a very sweet smell when you first apply it and the color wasn't great, but a second coat and the color payoff was great!

Obviously we all know what comes inside the purple cosmetics bag now! 

I haven't used all of it yet but so far so good. The free stuff is OK. The eyeshadow is a little disappointing. I have other Ulta e/s and they're great, the pigmentation on these is mediocre but they're good if ur going for a subtle look. I like the mascara, it does actually make my lashes stand out.

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

are you happy with your makeup???
i wanted to get a balm but i just bought kiehls #1 so ill try ultas after that is gone.. 

I agree about the brushes. The only thing I might use is the sponge tip applicator. That could be good for cream e/s.

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not over the moon about the stain- It lasts okay (there's still color after I eat), and the color is really nice, like a slightly pinker natural lip color, but it tastes terrible. It takes about 5 minutes to dry down and that's enough time for the taste to fade, but it was certainly a shock the first time I tried it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Otherwise, I love all the shadows I got (Lustre and those in the Countryside free bag)- I tried them today with a primer and they've lasted and blended together really well. And the blush, mascara, and lip gloss in the kit were great, too.

The brushes in the free kit are terrible.

I ended up returning the Nyx palette- I got a couple of the Pixi/ Pop palettes from HauteLook, and didn't need that much shadow right now. Plus, the pans in the Nyx set were tiny.

Overall, thrilled with my first purchase- With the free bag, I feel like I got SO much stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't used this particular cream shadow yet, but I do use cream shadows in general and I usually find it easier to use my finger. But I was thinking that the sponge tip applicator that came with the free stuff might be good for application.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's my order!

The whipped shadow is a little...complicated for me? lol, it got everywhere and looked really messy so I ended up blending it with a powder. How do you apply it hezzie? 

The lipstain is ok, it has a very sweet smell when you first apply it and the color wasn't great, but a second coat and the color payoff was great!

Obviously we all know what comes inside the purple cosmetics bag now! 

I tried using a sponge at first but just ended up with my finger, lol. It was definitely a different consistency than any other cream I've worked with before, I think its the "whipped" part. 

Yah I did notice that. But once it dries it stays on there for a while. I swatched it on my hand and it was on there all day lol

I tried using a sponge at first but just ended up with my finger, lol. It was definitely a different consistency than any other cream I've worked with before, I think its the "whipped" part. 

Yah I did notice that. But once it dries it stays on there for a while. I swatched it on my hand and it was on there all day lol

I think I'll for sure get used to it, I just need to not put it on in the mornings when I'm running late for work, lol. 

Since I immediately started using most of my Ulta shipment within a day of getting it, I'm not sure pictures of my products would look that nice. 
icon_eek.gif
icon_lol.gif
 I was going to share photos until I looked at my open nail buffer and thought, "Well, that doesn't look too pretty." 
icon_lol.gif
 I have a closed one too (I bought two) but, eh, I found my shipping notification email and that showed all the products I bought/the price, so I'll share that instead. I copy and pasted it onto MS paint. LOL.

Everything came up to $66.09 after tax. Free shipping. 
biggrin.gif

I've been using them off and on for the last 2 years. My skin always looks gorgeous after I use them and not as good when I slack on buying them. It's nearly a "Holy Grail" item, if not a holy grail item for me. I'm rarely without them. Super recommend! 

ohh, let me know what you think of those daily resurfacing disks! They look quite nice. 

Today has been all about Ulta! I finally did the reviews and swatches on the Paradise Bloom and Lavender Fields on my blog.

I even did TWO FOTDs for both palettes!  LOL Trying to figure out what I want to do with the dupe eye shadow and mascara though, I have too much stuff as it is! I don't need to have dupes!

Today has been all about Ulta! I finally did the reviews and swatches on the Paradise Bloom and Lavender Fields on my blog.

I even did TWO FOTDs for both palettes!  LOL Trying to figure out what I want to do with the dupe eye shadow and mascara though, I have too much stuff as it is! I don't need to have dupes!

Time for a giveaway on your blog, lol. 

Time for a giveaway on your blog, lol. 
I thought about that but not sure what to do!

I got the orange free kit 2 weeks ago and I have been using the blush every day and the lipstick every other day or so, its a really nice neutral color on me. I rarely use mascara but the one in the kit works just fine for when I do. I do think the eye shadow sucks, I dont use it at all. I havent even opened one of the eye shadow quads, and may put it up for trade on MT. The brushes are ok, no problem using them. I did buy 2 ulta lip sticks that I really like both in coral colors. And an eye liner, which I like as well. I def have to buy the liquid eye liner some of you discussed. Cant wait to try that! 

Back